how to make an nfi backup on openpli?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,550 times. The last Post () by zanzas65.

• hi people i have my image all set up how i like it and would like to save a .nfi file to my laptop so that i can flash back to this image whenever i want but im having trouble, i been using nfi image tools but when i select backup its just not working. i have also tried dflash and barry allen but cant seem to install the plugins correctly? any help would be hugely appreciated cheers. its open pli 4.0 on a dm800se clone

• cheers bud im just off out with the family but soon as i get home i will try that. i did try it from the openpli servers today and kept getting green screen but it might have been a different version to yours cheers. shall i grab 17.8?

- - - Updated - - -

no mate it says installed with no errors but i cant find it anywhere so im assuming its not installing correct? cheers

Edited once, last by cboyer ().

• this works for me dflash 13.0

run command twice in telnet

opkg install liblzo2-2

rename file:

enigma2-plugin-extensions-dflash_13.0_all.ipk to 1.ipk

send to tmp folder

telnet

opkg --force-overwrite --force-depends install /tmp/1.ipk

Add this line to end of /etc/fstab file:

/dev/mtdblock2 /boot jffs2 rw,relatime 0 0

to remove dflash

opkg remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-dflash

• i have never run anything in telnet before pal but will give this a try and let you know how i get on

- - - Updated - - -

tried it pal got stuck lol thanks for your help but im going to sack it off ha its too complicated just to do a back up. thanks for all your help though people. just been trying to make a back up for 2 days and the head is done in with it lol

• Hi try these commands on telnet to backup your image on a USB stick:

Code
    init 4

Code
    cd /

Code
    wget -P /tmp http://openplifeed.is-gone.com/feeds/sim-backup_1.4.tar.gz

Code
    tar xvzf /tmp/sim-backup_1.4.tar.gz

Code
    cd /media/usb/backup/sim-backup

Code
    ./build-nfi-image.sh

Code
    init 3

Bye Mau

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!