tuner in use

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,839 times. The last Post () by paddyh.

• iv just noticed that on my vu duo 2, tuner B and C are in use. There should only be one tuner in use at this time, because theres nothing recording and im not streaming to another device. Iv checked all my devices to see if there still streaming by accident or maby the child playing around but no. I switched the box off at the back and on again, and at first just tuner B was showing as in use then a minute later tuner C showed up as in use. Any ideas whats causing this? My epg or boutiques arent updating either!

• i have a password on my openwebif. I tried changing the openwebif enabled to No, its showed the two tuners still in use then 2 minutes later it went out. some dirty bas#### was watching my tv lol. trying to think who or how someone got my password, or is there another way for someone to hack in??

• no i didnt have it enabled for streams, i do now of course! thats interesting. now that i have my password on for streams should i be ok? wish i knew how to do whatever that person did to watch tv from my box. i reckon they got my dyndns address and used that then wrote :8001 and then the channel am i close lol

• Should be ok with authorization set, but you might still get attempts to guess username/password so use something good. :)

It is quite easy to scan a range of ip addresses looking for certain ports to be open. For instance 8001, 12000, 8888, 8080 and of course 80.

Another thing you can do is to use non-standard ports. Makes things a little more difficult for you to setup, but a lot harder for someone to find your box...

Also be careful of some card sharing, sat key, etc type sites. Owners of the sites can see your address and assume you have a box...

Edited 2 times, last by joeuser ().

Owners of the sites can see your address and assume you have a box...

That´s probably the biggest understatement of the year so far!!!!
    Of course, any user who is asking Qs about "their" or "their friends" boxes will more than likely be sharing.
    This means it is connected to the net which in turn means it is accessible.
    For example, I could check paddyh´s IP and port.. that´s how I know port 80 is still open..
    But anyone who reads on the net knows there are xxx amount of IP scanners and Bruteforce programmes...
    And with the decrease in sat coverage ,IPTV has become the trend....
    Last Note: All the info on how to cover your passwords by changing from defaults is already on here..

• ok i do have my password changed from default. I will change it again now thou. I will also change the ports as there still on default. When i turned my internet off i then restarted my box, when it booted up i got the message
    "creating Hardlink to Timeshift file failed! The filesystem on your Timeshift-Device does not support hardlinks. Make sure it is formatted in EXT2 or EXT3! [Errno 17] File exists"
    Is this something to do with a tuner in use?

• Official Post

ok i do have my password changed from default. I will change it again now thou. I will also change the ports as there still on default. When i turned my internet off i then restarted my box, when it booted up i got the message
    "creating Hardlink to Timeshift file failed! The filesystem on your Timeshift-Device does not support hardlinks. Make sure it is formatted in EXT2 or EXT3! [Errno 17] File exists"
    Is this something to do with a tuner in use?

Is this openvix image you use ? Sounds like Timeshift is running but can`t permanently record because the HDD needs mounted / formatted properly to EXT3 or EXT 4

• yes using openvix. yea your prob right as i have my hdd split in two partitions FAT32 and EXT4 so could be something to do with that, also i think theres a problem with my hdd. But then this has nothing to do with why often i have two tuners in use when im only using one? So its back to my ports being open. will get on to that later. thanks

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!