How do we setup kodi / xbmc on vu+ solo2?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 13,096 times. The last Post () by supermario.

• Hello Members,

I guess this is for those who have Vu+ and for myself who really want to know how to set up KODI / XBMC on our Vu+ Receivers. Can anyone help with a guide to how we can set this up specifically for Vu+ receivers??

WOULD BE A MASSIVE HELP TO US ALL!!!

h2014:59:

• What are you running on it? Vix?

Kodi>Settings>Live TV>Enable
    You'll get a warning just click yes (or okay, don't know what it says) once that's done do this
    Scroll to the bottom>click on Vu+ Plugin>Configure>type in your box's IP, then go to advance and put in our user and password. Configure anything else you like.
    Click done and then enable.

Go back and you may need to restart Kodi now. Then let it do it's thing and then a TV tab will pop up and there you go.

If you want to get Kodi on vix, there is a plugin for that

• I have ran XBMC on my Solo 2 on Blackhole 2.1.4 since the image release in January I think and I have loved it!It has made TSMEDIA redundant as I used to use that all the time (well "Wor lass did")but was getting frustrated at the amount of stuff that didn't work but with XBMC/kodi there's loads of stuff that does actually work.It's easy enough to set up as it is integrated into the image and on first launch just make sure you have the .xmbc file in your hard drive and not in root as that will fill your flash memory up.I have installed plugins like Genesis which has all the latest films/tv shows and Sportsdevil for live footie!There's plenty of info on this forum on how to add the necessary repositories for different plugins which helped me no end and now I have my Solo2 just how we like it.A complete satellite and multimedia box which keeps the girlfriend quiet!Er I mean happy!Lol!

• Hi m8 CaptainBlastXD

I am trying to setup in Xbmc 13.2 - LIVE TV on my Solo2 with BH 2.1.6.1. Will the above procedure work?. B-t-w, I am try to setup the PVR client but could not find the plugin. Please assist.

Tks
    Supermario

• master G

Added the Label Kodi Support

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!