Getting the odd stall / screen freeze

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 639 times. The last Post () by able2.

• Hi all,

I hope I'm posting this query in the right area.
    I have a VU+ Solo2 running the very latest version of Vix (Hades 008)
    I'm using OScam (had tried Mgcamd previously)

Generally getting 169ms - 196ms in the OScam log
    I'm using a TP-Link for my network connection as I have no wired connection in my sitting room (router in hall)
    This worked well previously but I am now using additional TP-Links throughout the house

My question is has anyone else had any experinece with running a TP Link powerline adapter with a satellite reciever/cam (using 4 in total with my house)
    Does using additional powerline connection weaken the signal? I have a Fiber broadband connection and get 30-40MB generally.

Would wireless be better?
    Using a standard vodafone fiber router (Ireland)

All help appreciated

MuRf

• Powerline adapter can be good and bad a lot depends on wiring and electrical interference I found that ping times and speeds were not top notch with plugs a good wifi dongle will produce better results and stability if you have a phone extention in the room the router and where the box are you can convert it to ethernet you only need 4 wires to run ethernet

• Thanks for that!

What wifi adapter would you recommend?
    No phone extension in the room :(

Does using additional powerlink adapters effect the signal?

• i ued these bad boys, never had a issue always full signal around house all have same ssid password etc so when i walk into another room i connect straight away even down the garden a good 50 meters away from main hub still great signal, plus really good has etho too, you can also add as many as you wish through out the house.

DEVOLO

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!