Open Black Hole Vu+Duo2 UK Ready Backup By master G

There are 96 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 24,431 times. The last Post () by mohdalmasri.

• Official Post

Hi master g,thanks for getting back to me.
    I did check that part of the hdd but it wasn't there.
    I wonder if you could confirm that an initialisation of the hdd is required after uploading this image.
    I was using blackhole 2.1.0 prior to this upgrade,however,the missus has a large amount of movies etc saved onto this hdd so I don't want to init if possible...thanks

I had the hard drive mounted already as /media/hdd. Press blue button twice > devices manager > Check the mountpoints..

You only ever need to initialize the hard drive once on any image, then it`s just a case of setting up mountpoints when you reflash..

• I had the hard drive mounted already as /media/hdd. Press blue button twice > devices manager > Check the mountpoints..

You only ever need to initialize the hard drive once on any image, then it`s just a case of setting up mountpoints when you reflash..

Hi master g again,I checked what you stated above and when I get into devices manager nothing comes up on the screen,however I can record.
    In fact when I start a recording I seem to lose the other two tuners,ie if I start a recording on itv and when I go to another channel ie either bbc (tuner 2) or rte saorview (tuner 3) all I get is a black screen??....any ideas out there as I have spent some time on this but unable to resolve...thanks for any help.

• Hi master g....I changed the skin as advised and can now see the hdd as you said.
    I am using cam 2.1.3 as cam 2.3.0 doesn't clear the channels.
    I'm not sure if this problem was there when I installed the image at first as it's something I didn't feel the need to check at the time....I checked for the same problem now after changing the skin and it's still there....any other ideas?
    Thanks again.

The sky skin needs extra skinning to show devices manager, try one of the other skins and it will appear..

Which cam are you using while trying to record ?

• Official Post

Hi master g....I changed the skin as advised and can now see the hdd as you said.
    I am using cam 2.1.3 as cam 2.3.0 doesn't clear the channels.
    I'm not sure if this problem was there when I installed the image at first as it's something I didn't feel the need to check at the time....I checked for the same problem now after changing the skin and it's still there....any other ideas?
    Thanks again.

This image may also suffer from the recording problem using all CCcam versions other than 2.3.0..

You could reinstall CCcam 2.3.0, then try a recording with that.

Or try oscam, convert your lines to readers with CCcam2Oscam, copy this configuration into oscam.server file that`s in /etc/tuxbox/folder > Start oscam from blue button..

• This image may also suffer from the recording problem using all CCcam versions other than 2.3.0..

You could reinstall CCcam 2.3.0, then try a recording with that.

Or try oscam, convert your lines to readers with CCcam2Oscam, copy this configuration into oscam.server file that`s in /etc/tuxbox/folder > Start oscam from blue button..

Hi master g again....it looks like the problem is across all cams as I have checked all of them,I also deleted cam 2.3.0 and reinstalled again but still have the same prob.
    Regarding oscom,I have never used this before so I am unfamiliar with it,I will see if I will be allowed to convert that tomorrow.
    By the way,if you have this image running,are you able to record one pay channel and watch another on the duo2?...thanks again for your help.

• Hi masterg....just an update to my previous quote....I eventually got the second channel to work while recording one channel by deleting and reinstalling the cams several times???....I have no idea why but that worked for me and I have verified it several times over the last few days....I have also rebooted the box and it also still works when fully booted up.
    I eventually got ccam 2.3.0 working and is now running that.
    The only problem currently outstanding is as indicated earlier the Ondemand keeps crashing the box.
    I have uninstalled/installed the pluging a few times also but no joy here.
    Is it possible that this could be fixed in the next open BH release,or some mods to the existing plugin?
    Thanks for all the help.

Hi master g again....it looks like the problem is across all cams as I have checked all of them,I also deleted cam 2.3.0 and reinstalled again but still have the same prob.
    Regarding oscom,I have never used this before so I am unfamiliar with it,I will see if I will be allowed to convert that tomorrow.
    By the way,if you have this image running,are you able to record one pay channel and watch another on the duo2?...thanks again for your help.

• Many thanks for all of your hard work. I am new to this and recently purchased the Vu+ Duo 2.

I installed this version of OBH and everything was working fine.

I wasn't sure if I needed to do anything but found the EPG was not populated so I did what I thought needed doing and downloaded the channel info from the providers list.

I noted that on my TV I had to change the skin to default as certain text fields were not positioned correctly, namely the SSID password field. I got round this by changing the skin to default. Now there are probably better ways to set this but this allowed me to continue with the setup.

The only real problem I have encountered is after the updating online via the menu I lost my EPG data and also the picons....

Is there a process to follow to get everything back as it appeared when first installed? As I mentioned earlier I am new to this so don't really have a clue.

If I cannot work it out I am contemplating starting again from scratch and refreshing the above image. At least this will get me back to the start with a fresh install but doing it that way I will learn little....

Many thanks for your time.

Mark

PS/UPDATE

I have downloaded the channels again and found the icons have re-appeared. Not sure why or what I have done. Maybe someone can explain the process when they have time but its not a priority, more for my understand or lack of....

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Guys,

Something has gone wrong again. I keep losing EPG data and although my HDD (fitted inside the Duo2) is initialised and I can record to it and play back from it, when I try to set the recording paths, Default Movie Location /hdd/movie/ and press the GREEN button to save it I get the error....The directory /hdd/movie/ is not writable. Make sure you select a writable directory instead. Im confused by this.

I am tempted to reinstall from a fresh image of Open Black Hole. If I do can someone please tell me what I would need to do after the unit has been flashed with OBH. I mean once its installed what am I supposed to do? I know I have to set the tuners, reinitialise the HDD but what else do I need to do? I must be doing something wrong.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers,
    Mark

Edited once, last by mancsta ().

• Many thanks for your reply. When I go to the Recording Paths menu, the default movie location is set to /hdd/movie/ and I am unable to change this. Maybe this is part of the problem...What could I be doing wrong?

• Official Post

I keep losing EPG data

Perform a software update, i noticed there was an update to the crossepg plugin. Also make sure you are on one of the channels that has the full EPG data while trying to run crossepg, you will find these channels in bouquets (sky epg)..

Many thanks for your reply. When I go to the Recording Paths menu, the default movie location is set to /hdd/movie/ and I am unable to change this. Maybe this is part of the problem...What could I be doing wrong?

Run this command in telnet:

Code
    chmod 755 /media/hdd/movie

Or with an FTP tool navigate to /media/hdd/ then right click on the movie folder, change permissions to 755.
    Restart enigma2..

• awesome, many thanks for your prompt replies once again....I will let you know how things go. Cheers, Mark

So I tried both of your suggestions and can say they both work. I can now select the correct recording path (the movie folder did not exist so I created and edited the permissions) and so far ALL of the EPG data is there. Im hoping it will still be there tomorrow as I found certain channels would not display the prog info unless I selected it and clicked OK, viewed the program and then went back into the EPG. Once there I noted the channel info was there but only on channels I go into and view. Now ALL channels contain ALL data. brilliant and many thanks....Cheers, Mark

Edited once, last by mancsta ().

• Hi Guys,

Apologies in advance. I hope you can help. I switched on my box today and went to the EPG. Certain icons were missing and also channel data. I wasn't sure what to do so performed a software update. There were over 20 updates available. I started the update process and 'Unattended upgrade in progress" displayed. I left the receiver on for over 20 mins but the box looks like it has switched off and on the TV it still displays the unattended message. Is this normal. Is there anything I can do to recover? Will I have to refresh and start again with the setup?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards,
    Mark

• As ever many thanks for your prompt reply. I have access to two boxes, both vu+ duo2 and set about installing your image to the second box. Went through the usual tuner set up, etc. When I tried to update via the update panel I once again got the blank screen. I restarted the box by turing off the switch at the back of the unit and fingers crossed waited for it to reboot. The unit booted normally but had not upgraded any of the updates. I then chose the second option (manual reboot) which allowed me to see the update progress. It seems to progress until the XBMC update and then it just hangs there. Im assuming its hanging as does not progress further. At this point I restarted by refreshing. Just hoping I am OK doing this and not causing any longer term damage....So this time (and please bare in mind I am new to this...) I set up once again and tested my channels. I found some picons missing and not everything was showing in the EPG. It listed the channels but not every channel showed any data. I am probably fumbling around here and not doing things in the correct order but in the past I have manage to muddle on through and get to where I wanted to get. Now on this occasion I actually went through the plugin browser and noted a number of interesting things, lol. various updaters and import and also came across Software Management. I went through install extensions and update a number of extensions (basically anything it suggested) but not software update as this is where issues seemed to be. Now my EPG looks different to before and not all of the channels are showing any program data and when I go to Movies it errors with Service not found (SID not found in PAT). I am probably digging a bigger hole for myself as really not 100% on order in which to do things and also not sure if the issue is with what I have done or something else....

Now in answer to can I telnet. I can FTP in to the box. I haven't tried telnet as my experience is limited. I use a Mac and only have something called Terminal. When I go into that I get a prompt and from here I am not sure how to enter the init commands as surely I would have to point Terminal to the box. Maybe I should stick to Freeview ;-)

UPDATE I used Google to understand TelNet better and managed to connect and used the commands. The box restarted. Not sure if it has completed any updates but things look the same...However I now have access to the Movies. I no longer get the PID error. I have channel numbers, channel picon, channel name and if I select each channel it populates the name of the program on at present but nothing more than that and it seems a manual process rather than automatic and I cannot see what is on next, etc.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read. Hope it makes sense and it may even help others....

Cheers,
    Mark

PS

Is there a set order in which things have to be done? Does one change potentially override another where updating channel guides are concerned?

If the order is important is there a list anywhere outing the order in which things should be done when setting up from scratch? i.e. install, set tuners, update channel lists (explaining how).

Or is it a case of piecing this together by going through each thread?

Edited 2 times, last by mancsta ().

• Addons only seems to show out of date catseyes files?
    Do I have to download the latest manually then?

because the backup was uploaded : 29-05-2015, 06:34 PM
    So if you go into plugins -> linuxsatsupport Addons -> channel lists-> choose whichever list you prefer.
    it will not only download but will also install then restart your DUO2..
    job done!!

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!