Flashing dish when i try to scan?

There are 27 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,700 times. The last Post () by Bonkk.

• Hi guys i had my few hours old duo2 working ok then i tried to flash BH (latest version the usb info said it was fat32) but it just turned back on to the channel i was last viewing so i turned it off and on again following to the guides lost all my channels and now when i try to scan i get service scan no service and the flashing dish with the arrow around what the hell have i done? i have factory resseted and put the right lat long numbers in and tuner on simple,positioner i have come from a tm5402 so the linux side of things is all new to me i just dont know where i am messing it up any ideas? thanks

• Follow the attached tutorial...... it's been written by the Vix team but will work for any image you want to flash to your duo2.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Evening mate.First of all,DON'T PANIC!!!No need to factory reset.Just start from scratch.Format your usb using a formatting tool.I use the HP one.Format to Fat32.Then if you already have unzipped the latest Blackhole image(2.1.6)open that which will have the vuplus folder in.Sent that to your usb.Power off your box and plug your usb into the front usb port.Turn on your box using the rear switch and the display should be flashing 'update'.Press the blue power button on the front panel and it should say 'updating'.Wait until the display says 'updating complete'.If it does not flash up 'update' on the lcd display it has not recognised your usb.Try another usb,I use Kingstons and they give me no problems.If you get a usb that works keep it to one side just for flashing new images.The Vu boxes can be a little tempermental on usb sticks.Try that then get back to us.

• Thanks Robo i had a exl hd plugged into the back as well as the usb in the front so i took the hd out flashed the bh image again and it worked so all sorted there the problem now is my dish is not picking any channels up or moving if i say want it to go from astra to hotbird i get nothing it was all ok a couple of hours ago now the service scan picks nothing up i have tuner config usals,simple,positioner correct lat/long any ideas

• What tuners are you using?I have a Solo2 set up as follows.Tuner A is Advanced on my motorised dish and tuner B is set to simple single for my fixed dish.Are you just using the one dish and tuner?If so try using tuner B with your motorised dish with your settings and tuner A as loopthrough to tuner B.

• Nope it seems not

- - - Updated - - -

Tuner A simple,positioner Tuner B not set and yes its just the one motorized dish with one lnb ok will try that thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Ok done that no lock at all getting that flashing dish picture

• have you got a sat.xml installed?
    Using DCC or Filezilla FTP this catseye ipk into var/volatile/tmp
    then green-yellow to manually install the ipk.
    The box will restart and you should be able to lock on then..

No will try what you say cazu thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Mmmm,got me there then.You could try swapping the tuner configs around.Is it just the two tuners on the box?

Yes mate just 2 tuners on box i will try the catseye thing getting late now thanks to everyone for all your help will come back tomorrow if im still stuck

• It seems as if you reflashed the box but didn't do a backup first and therefore
    you have lost all the settings you had stored so you need to start over
    by tuning the sats in again.Whenever I sometimes get a flashing dish it means
    I'm not locked onto a sat. Hope this helps.

• flashing dish and no service says to me you may have a coax connection issue have you checked all F connectors it is easy for them to work loose --are you motorised or just one dish as if motorised your motor could have stopped before a satellite

Helping others is always a better feeling than helping yourself

• I have a motorized and i connected my tm5402 up and sent it to turksat it was not long before i got to 42e so im guessing it had maybe stopped as you said nearby thanks fugitive the dish,motor is working fine no problems there although the cable that connects to the receiver the screw head has come away from the cable but its working on the tm so it should be ok i have sent it back to 28e will try to set up again on duo

- - - Updated - - -

Ok what cazuela suggested i need to read up on installing a sat.xml i have no clue how i would do that yet as far as the duo is concerned still getting no lock on a sat it is pointed @28e im stumped

• A little tip is because Fconnectors have a habit of working loose at the back of reciever especially if like me you regurarly test boxes is run a couple of inches of insulating tape around the part of the F connector nearest the cable and the F Connector so the F connector is firm and cannot move when screwed to box
    Odd times you get the dish may stop for no apparent reason either before or after a sat remember there is 13.8 pulse voltage going to your motor to drive it unless you have a older 36v motor and if the voltage is somehow disturbed then it can stop short or indeed go on longer than need be its just the motor is confused like an old guy like me gets at times lol

Edited once, last by THE FUGITIVE ().

• Yeah i understand what you are saying and thanks for the tips on the cable and tape but if i tested it on both boxes and one works fine but the other does not im guessing i have missed or messed something up on the duo settings but i cant think what because i have followed instructions/guides on how to set up the right way

• Yes you are dead right and this is why its always good to have a spare reciever for that very reason to test a system so maybe i jumped in without fully reading your post mate --thanks

• Yes you are dead right and this is why its always good to have a spare reciever for that very reason to test a system so maybe i jumped in without fully reading your post mate --thanks

No problem i know your only trying to help it is appreciated mate

• it wont lock on because you have no channels loaded the sat is not locking on to any frequency, just load cateye or similar channel settings.

Hi guys i had my few hours old duo2 working ok then i tried to flash BH (latest version the usb info said it was fat32) but it just turned back on to the channel i was last viewing so i turned it off and on again following to the guides lost all my channels and now when i try to scan i get service scan no service and the flashing dish with the arrow around what the hell have i done? i have factory resseted and put the right lat long numbers in and tuner on simple,positioner i have come from a tm5402 so the linux side of things is all new to me i just dont know where i am messing it up any ideas? thanks

• As I said in post 11

and the reason i repeated what needs doing, is some peeps don't get it first time, and i was merely trying to point out that a satellite will not lock on to thin air it needs to be given freqs to be able to lock, what might seemd simple to you and me ,may not be so for other peeps that are not experienced sat installers, so as the saying goes, 2 heads are better than one.

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!