EPG 7 day EPG guide Help Needed

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,269 times. The last Post () by dbanga81.

• good Evening All

I just brought myself gigablue 800ue combo, took me a while to get it setup the way I like it. But I've hit a speedbump that I need help on.

Box is running openatv 5, crossEPG seems to crash on reading summaries. So I don't have 7 day EPG guide which will be great if I can get this setup.

If anybody can help me get over this, or point in the direction of what i need to achieve this much appreciated.

• Official Post

Cross EPG downloader can download from the Internet or the signal cable for some providers. FOr some providers it does both. You need to specify what settings you are using for people to assist effectively.

If it is crashing, a crashlog will be generated. Upload it as an atatchment so peopel can see what the cause is. A possible reason is that you have set it to download EPG to internal flash memory.

• Are you writing the epg data to usb stick or internal flash? (is your flash/usb if installed nearly full?)
    Usb is a better option as it will keep your internal flash free for plugins etc.
    You won't need a hugh capacity usb stick for it (I use a 4gb with picons and swap file on it in vu zero)

• I'm using USB data for storage.

It doesn't directly crash but it just halts on parsing and vix spinner comes up and starts spinning in slow motion.

Left it like that for a while but nothing.

As anybody got any settings they can share with me for virgin EPG

• virgin epg is simple make sure the cable epg is ticked in the epg settings (not crossepg), you then have a channel called pvr-epg in cable set a null recording up every night say 5 oclock or leave it on that channel, ie so it switches to that channel but doesnt record, the guide will populate

• master G

Changed the title of the thread from “EPG Help Needed” to “EPG 7 day EPG guide Help Needed”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!