OpenATV 5.0 Enigma 2 BETA for WeTek Play

There are 111 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 14,435 times. The last Post () by Skeese.

• Thanks to OpenATV and PB Enigma 2 Teams, WeTek Play owners from now on will enjoy in popular Enigma 2 software on their WeTek devices

This version is early BETA, so please expect that some things will not work and image can contain some bug's.

This version of OpenATV 5.0 Enigma 2 image for WeTek Play is for microSD installation.

Download OpenATV 5.0 BETA Enigma 2 image for WeTek Play:

How to burn OpenATV 5.0 .img to microSD?

1. Download OpenATV 5.0 Enigma 2 Image and extract it from .zip file.

2. In extracted folder you will find .img file which you will burn with Win32 Disk Imager on Windows, or by dd command on Linux/MAC computer, same as for OpenELEC.

3. When burning of .img file is done, remove microSD from PC/MAC, turn off WeTek Play, insert microSD in WeTek and power it ON.

4. Enigma 2 will boot

As probably many of you dont know, original WeTek RCU is not fully compatible with Enigma 2, as color buttons are missing, so for this reason numbers at WeTek RCU 1,2,3,4 are mapped as Red, Green, Yellow and Blue buttons. In case You need to type something in Antenna settings, you can do it over web interface, or by using some Android/iOS app for Smartphones/Tablets such as dreamDroid which can be downloaded from Google Play.

In attachment you can find document abut OpenATV RCU Mappings.

• how do you get tuner 2 enabled ?

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• kk thought was your work ;)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• first though Faaaaaaaaaaast even if it is off sd card

had a couple of crashes, namely ABM and autobouquets wouldnt install, not complaining though as this is a step in the write direction, just need pbnigma pull out the stops with xbmc built in

• first though Faaaaaaaaaaast even if it is off sd card

had a couple of crashes, namely ABM and autobouquets wouldnt install, not complaining though as this is a step in the write direction, just need pbnigma pull out the stops with xbmc built in

Autobouquets works ok and rats ;)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Funny thing is that this box have 5 operating systems supported including Android, OpenELEC, Ubuntu, Enigma 2 and Lakka.TV Game Emulator :D

EDIT: It is good to know that Online update work on OpenATV, so it will save my time as no need to re-flash microSD each time with new version.

Edited once, last by xbmcflix ().

• EDIT: It is good to know that Online update work on OpenATV, so it will save my time as no need to re-flash microSD each time with new version.

so you update from 21st jun yah posted beta via online update ?

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• I notice that the flash memory on the image isn't the largest ,~30Mb free .
    Perhaps that can be enlarged on further builds ?

Crossepg works fine and is very fast .

ABM gives a blue screen but thats to be expected ,its designed for a Mips chipset.

Oscam runs nicely and the webif is slick .

Its very impressive for a beta image.

• The Sd picture quality could be a bit better on Enigma 2 ,hopefully it can be improved as ARM chipsets are good at video processing compared to Mips.

• Funny thing is that this box have 5 operating systems supported including Android, OpenELEC, Ubuntu, Enigma 2 and Lakka.TV Game Emulator :D

EDIT: It is good to know that Online update work on OpenATV, so it will save my time as no need to re-flash microSD each time with new version.

if you do before a reflash a setting backup [Tutorial][OpenATV] Settings Backup

if you the start you wetek with the new flash you wil get this

VU+Zero4K

09553007003687213979.gif

• well if anbody was going to have a problem getting this install working it had to be canthackit.

followed the tut to the letter, blimey i've done this type of thing so many times how can i not get this right. it just wont boot into the SD card, i've even tried just dragging the file onto the SD card instead of using win32diskmanager, that way of doing it instead of doing nothing it just boots straight into Android.

i've tried 2 different SD cards.

it just aint having it.

regards: canthackit

ok sorted the only way that it seems the image was writing was when i dragged it onto the desktop.

• You have already made a post regards this problem here bud...... Problem flashing openatv image on WeTek Play to which you have received a reply....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!