Help me choose a good non budget Enigma2 Sat box

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,087 times. The last Post () by mrrawuk.

• Having had a Vu+Solo for some time and just this week the excellent Zgemma s2(bought for a friend.I simply set it up tbh) i am now wanting a non budget sat box for myself.

I wamt to mount a hard drive internally and not externally.
    For me i like Enigma based boxes.

My budget is up to £250.

I have been looking at the TM-Twin-OE 500GB Technomate box as well as Vu+Solo 2.

Twin Tuner preferred.
    Also the remote must be half decent. No more pointing the remote at every angle in the world to turn the station over ! :)

Any suggestions? I will buy it from WOS or similar.

• The LX3 looks good, but useless with 3x Sat tuners for me.
    I am liking the look of the TM-Nano-3T-Combo-3 Tuners 2 Satellite +DVB T/T2/DVB C very much.

I would not normally go for a 3 tuner box, but i do move about and if it has a cable tuner as well as sat then i will use it eventually.

Edited once, last by mrrawuk ().

• Well if you've had your Solo for some time you must have enjoyed the quality of Vu,therefore I recommend the Solo2.I have had mine coming on 2 years and it's been brilliant!It has all the attributes you've mentioned and it's down to £209 at WOS.Enough said.

• For £209 it's got to be solo 2, it's for nowt at that price, stick hdd I it for 30/40 quid, job done

It was my number one choice for quite some time, but some of the others have a cable tuner as well as a sat one and I do move about quite alot due to work etc.

So much to choose from though tbh. Mutant or LX3 box seems the better option.

• solo2 great box
    but the remote that comes with it sucks

add another 25 quid to get the new style remote
    that works with all vu models

Genuine VU+ Duo / Duo2 / Solo / Solo2 / Uno / Ultimo

My Vu+Solo served me well, and i agree the remote was terrible !:(

- - - Updated - - -

Not gonna lie my heads spinning with all the choice. Vu+Solo 2, Gigablue, Mutant.

The LX3 is off the table though as none left lol.

Anyone got a Box that does cable and sat and takes a internal HDD?

• The tm nano 3t is a great receiver, equil in spec to the solo2 more or less except for the additional onboard cable/terestrial tuner.
    It also has a nice remote (plenty of space between buttons and is of the universal type/ can control your tv)
    It is officially supported by vix.
    The solo2 is also a great receiver (my main receiver) and works well with a terestrial usb tuner (i have a wintv nova-t usb terestrial tuner connected for saorview)
    If images from the blackhole team are a must, a vu receiver is the way to go.

• Just a heads up that the xtrend ET8000 you linked to in the previous post only has one satellite tuner and one cable/terestrial tuner (you can't watch one sat channel while recording another sat channel unless its on the same transponder)
    From your previous posts, you have indicated that you would prefer a twin tuner and

I would not normally go for a 3 tuner box, but i do move about and if it has a cable tuner as well as sat then i will use it eventually.

This version of the xtrend ET8000 has all three tuners (although more expensive though):
    http://www.world-of-satellite.…0-2x-DVB-S2-1x-DVB-C-T-T2

• Just a heads up that the xtrend ET8000 you linked to in the previous post only has one satellite tuner and one cable/terestrial tuner (you can't watch one sat channel while recording another sat channel unless its on the same transponder)
    From your previous posts, you have indicated that you would prefer a twin tuner and

This version of the xtrend ET8000 has all three tuners (although more expensive though):

Whilst debating which tuner i realsied i rearely record on my sat box and have managed fine with a single tuner for almost 2 years as i use a Minix z64 kodi box for lots of stuff.

I just made sure i can have cable and sat and the ability to add a tuner later if needs be.:)

- - - Updated - - -

Just a heads up that the xtrend ET8000 you linked to in the previous post only has one satellite tuner and one cable/terestrial tuner (you can't watch one sat channel while recording another sat channel unless its on the same transponder)

Whilst debating which tuner i realised i rarely record on my sat box and have managed fine with a single tuner for almost 2 years as i use a Minix z64 kodi box for lots of stuff.

I just made sure i can have cable and sat and the ability to add a tuner later if needs be.:)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!