sly card switched off

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,740 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi my slycard has switch off after not received updates in my dm 800.
    i have posted my config files, can somebody tell me which setting is incorrect, so the card receives updates ok.

[reader]
    label = lower card
    enable = 1
    protocol = internal
    device = /dev/sci0
    caid = 0963:000000
    # 0963 is *** UK.
    boxid =
    # Oscam can read a *** card i.d, but you can also put this
    # in manually
    detect = cd
    cardmhz = 357
    # this helps the card run more smootly
    group = 1
    # Oscam has the concept of groups. Only users in group 1 can
    # use this reader. I'm only using one group.
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    ecmcache = 1
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-g = 1
    # these ensure smooth decrypting
    lb_weight = 101
    # for load balancing - can be commented out.

[global]
    nice = -1
    WaitForCards = 1
    logfile = stdout
    preferlocalcards = 1
    saveinithistory = 1

[webif]
    httpport = 8888
    httpuser = admin
    httppwd = admin
    httpallowed = 127.0.0.1,192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255
    # protocols

[newcamd]
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    port = 10000@0963:000000;10001@0963:000000

[account]
    user = test1
    description = for local mgcamd or DVBAPI
    pwd = test2
    disabled = 0
    uniq = 1
    group = 1
    au = lower card
    caid = 0963:000000

thanks in advance

• this is the cccam file. this is how it comes with the EDG image, as you see the only alterations i have made are the N & F lines,
    and i only share it within my house to one other box.

• and to the question from Master G. i never really noticed whether the card had received entitlements, but as it is about 6 or 7 weeks since i started using oscam, and i think that is about the time a card will run without updating, i assume probably not.

• I added my boxid as boxid 12345678 (did not work on sports until i added box key.

i will add the line as you suggest Ten Below and keep looking to see if it receives entitlements. do not quite know what you mean when you say track my peers with cccam info, as i only have the one other box???

do you think the oscam file r4396 is ok. i know this is quite old now, i have wondered whether or not to update as this is the original one with the EDG image which is probably over 12 months old, but as was working ok i didnt bother.

• Official Post

mine wasn't updating so altered a trusted clients cline to user pass 5 0 1 { 0:0:2 } Its taking the Emms fine now

5 0 1 { 0:0:2 }

Wizzy you are giving out 5 hops with this and giving your server a hell of alot of work to do here, can your clients really watch anything on their hop6 ?

• Hi Ten Below
    I was given that advice of a guy who lives local to me on another forum and had his own family/friends server. All my clients apart, from 1 only use their clines for their personal use in their dm box. So although I've stopped the emms problem its causing my server to work harder?? Theres so much to learn:surrender:

• Official Post

Ok wizzy i will try to explain

If you give 0 0 0 { 0:0:2 }

You are sharing only your local

1 0 1 { 0:0:2 }

You are sharing your local & plus your clients local that you have reshare of.

You are sharing Your local & your clients cards & everything available up to hop 5.

This will probably amount into 4 figures with the majority in the lower hops being unwatchable. Providing your local card can be kept updated by your own setup there is no need for this either

Both cccam & oscam can keep cards updated on their own, no need to take peers emm,

Try this setting, i guarantee you will notice a difference & so will your peers

2 0 0 { 0:0:2 }

Yes at first it is alot to learn. but you will get there sooner than you imagine, Stick at it mate.

• master G

Set the Label from UK OSCam to Videoguard2 Cards OSCam

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!