ZGEMMA H1 Recorded picture quality DVB-C

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,337 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• Hi Guys

Got hold of one of these boxes yesterday and got it set up (DVB-C only as not using Sly ATM) pretty quickly. However have noticed the recordings I'm getting are maybe not as good as expected. I FTP'd a couple of test records to my PC and noticed that while the picture itself is sharp and crisp it goes a little jittery when things are moving fast on screen. This would be fine if I was recording Eastenders but have bought it to record Motorsports so fast motion is obviously pretty common .
    Would like to know if there are any settings on the H1 I can tweak to help improve this, I'm running Sucmnse's Vix 165 ( I don't know if flashing a new Image would help unless there are more video setting available on other Images).
    I don't think it is a problem with my Virmin as recordings on my VBox were fine and I ran an Amiko combo and the recordings on that were fine also (apart from the fact they couldn't be played on PC).
    I have looked at the AV setting's but nothing stuck out at me as being the culprit.

Any help, tips or advice would be very helpful as I can't think of anything.

Best Regards

• Official Post

Could be a load of things mate...
    If your recordings play back from the zgemma h1 okay that will eliminate the box and it's hard drive. That would leave a pc playback issue...
    If not then check the quality of your connections, some have had to add a booster due to weak signal, myself included....
    Then the image you're using is only a badly patched xp1000 image. There is no vix support for the zgemma boxes.

• Could be a load of things mate...
    If your recordings play back from the zgemma h1 okay that will eliminate the box and it's hard drive. That would leave a pc playback issue...
    If not then check the quality of your connections, some have had to add a booster due to weak signal, myself included....
    Then the image you're using is only a badly patched xp1000 image. There is no vix support for the zgemma boxes.

Thanks for replying, hmm well yes the recordings are playing so if that rules out the box/HDD then great :)
    Have purchased a 128GB Hi Speed Pen drive in case it was the HDD I'm using being slow (ripped it out of an old official slybox) but that matters not!

I don't think it will be a PC issue but I will run thru everything with it and try to eliminate that 100% maybe a trip back to Windows7 is in order there, but that's no trouble. To be on safe side.

Ah ok well the Image did cross my mind as being the culprit but I wasn't sure how much of a difference it would make.

clanser not to worry I was gonna ask the same question :) Is there an officially supported Image for the Zgemma that you would recommend?

And finally is the a recommended signal booster to use? I'm happy to pay for quality but only if it's necessary.

Thanks again for replying

• Official Post

What you say about hdd speed is true. I just add the hdd from the zgemma to your pc network places and play it that way... beats downloading via ftp. I find vlc player best but there is other players as good and capable.
    Image's will depend on personal choice.
    My favourite is openatv 5.1 but the vix4 e2 image is also rock solid.
    We also have officiall support from openHDF openDROID
    Italysat openspa etc etc

The booster.... Have a look on ebay they about 5 pounds would send a link but I'm on the mobile and can't be arsed :beer:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!