which box

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 346 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hi just wanting a little advise looking at getting a new box I currently have a vu duo clone which I got off eBay thinking was genuine we all make mistakes. Looking now for a new box and wondering what people think about the duo 2 or solo 2 and if there's much difference between the two or should I change box types altogether and go with something ddifferent.
    Cheers

• If you like blackhole images, vu is the way to go.
    I have both the duo2 and solo2 and find both very good receivers.
    The duo2 is very big in comparison to the solo2 though but is capable of housing either a 2.5 or 3.5 hdd.
    Solo2 can only accomodate a 2.5 hdd.
    Also, the duo2 has pluggable tuners (can accommodate up to 4 tuners) where as the solo2 only has two onboard non interchangeable satellite tuners.
    Duo2 has 1gb flash, 2gb ram, two front displays and 1300mhz dual core mips processor
    Solo2 has 256 flash, 1gb ram, one front vfd and 1300mhz mips processor
    Other specs are more or less the same.
    Performance wise, both are very capable and support is widespread from most image teams.
    If you require a mix and match of tuners, the duo2 is the one (although the solo2 is very capable of running usb tuners)
    It will all come down to budget at the end of the day.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.…-Linux-Satellite-Receiver
    http://www.world-of-satellite.…-Linux-Satellite-Receiver

• Thanks for the in-depth reply money isn't the issue just sometimes you would pay all that extra just for the look of it the plug and play tuners of the duo2 sounds right up my street as I have had problems in the past with tuners on older dreamboxs and they were a nightmare to change plus I like the idea of being able to put a cable tuner on it if it's ever needed without changing the whole box. As for the image I use vix atm not used blackhole since my dm500 never really liked it even that got changed to commando

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!