Seeking Recommendation receiver for irish soarview

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 668 times. The last Post () by gama7.

• hi,
    i want to get me a linux sat receiver and i need advice chosing the one that fits my needs . i dont want to spend over €200 +/- for the box , looking for a receiver with a tuner for terrestrial channels (irish soarview) and allows me to record from more than 1 channel ,also can fit internal drive and ideally has 1.3 cpu .
    your advice will be very appreciated .

Edited once, last by master G: moved to the correct forum ().

• world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• thanks for the reply world of satellite,
    i had a look at the xtrend and i liked it , but dint quiet understand the technical part of the input '2x DVBC/T/T2' does this mean 2 inputs ; 1 for sat + 1 for aeriel ! how many channels do you think i can record simultaneously witht the xtrend ,there is no mention of this info in the description .

• thanks for the reply world of satellite,
    i had a look at the xtrend and i liked it , but dint quiet understand the technical part of the input '2x DVBC/T/T2' does this mean 2 inputs ; 1 for sat + 1 for aeriel ! how many channels do you think i can record simultaneously witht the xtrend ,there is no mention of this info in the description .

2x DVBC/T/T2 means 2 Saorview tuners,no satellite tuner.
    You probably need this version ,which has 2 satellite tuners and one Saorview tuner.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.…0-2x-DVB-S2-1x-DVB-C-T-T2
    This will allow you to record 2 different satellite channels and one Saorview channel at the same time,perhaps more if they share the same transponder frequency.

The Saorview tuners are usually split over two transponders so if you are recording RTE1 HD you cant watch RTE2HD as they are on seperate frequencies.
    To overcome this I loop the Saorview out from the box into the back of my tv effectively giving me 2 Saorview tuners and making the setup a quad tuner.

• Thanks Fano for your help, the box you recommended has all the tuners i need , i did have a look at vu solo2 and GigaBlue HD 800 UE ,as they are all in the same price range 200-€250 and have similar specs, i think the xtrend will be the one to buy .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!