Channel loading time issue

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 782 times. The last Post () by fezz0.

• Hi All,

I have a Wetek Play running OE 5.95.5 with Oscam r10615 and TVH.

Whenever I select a channel, largely occurs at bootup for the first channel - regardless of how long the box has been up - I get a percentage in the top right (confluence skin) and until this reaches 90% I cant get any audio and this can take 15-20 seconds, also sporadically occurs on channel change. (incidentally, using CCcam)

Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any ideas what may be causing this?

Am also considering changing from TVH to VDR but don't know enough of the differences, being a relative noob, any help/advice would be welcome.

Thanks

mbro

• From what Ive read in the support forum this is quite a common occurrence within certain versions..
    But not for everyone it seems..
    make sure you have a recent backup of your own setup and
    Why not try a backup ,install your own personal configs and compare..

• i use vdr as my pref i get about 10-15 seconds on first boot as it loads chan files n epg and about 2 seconds
    on channel change hope this helps also look into installing the manic nox skin as it works better for live tv :)

hope this helps

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Thanks both for the suggestions.

Cazuela, I was thinking of doing the same thing funnily enough, just a case of getting backups that are compatible with my OE given I have installed to the NAND, but will find one.

Honcho - is that the maniac skin you were referring to? Not looked at it, will take a peek now.

Thanks again both. :)

• Hmm. From my tests TVH is little faster than VDR (channel change). But I pefer VDR because for me I more user friendly and also You can little bit increase channel change by advancedsettings.xml file with

<pvr>
    <minvideocachelevel>15</minvideocachelevel>
    <minaudiocachelevel>15</minaudiocachelevel>
    </pvr>

These values are percentages at which shows the image and sound ( 15 is the best for me).
    You can also try new Oscam build (thx guru)

• yea i have a namd install aswell in might have time mora to do a backup of my settings for uk if you dont get it sorted by then :) think im 5.9.4 though ::)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• How do you get rid of all the question marks on the epg?

Whenever I used vdr it would show the epg like this ?bbc1? ?the cooking show? Ect... And only now and next if I remember correctly

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!