DM 8000 or VU+ ultimo

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,609 times. The last Post () by glenviewjf.

• Hello,

I have DM 8000.
    how will run Vu+ Ultimo, in comparation with DM 8000?
    DM 8000 has RAM 256, VU Ultimo has RAM 512.

this plus on RAM , help soo much ??? for normal usage.

Ultimo -- has 1 turner fix and only last 2 sockets can be removed and replace the turner ?

on Ultimo, I can install any image, or only one that is specify special design for this rec? what image is that ?

At half of price I can buy ( second hand) VU+ DUO

DUO is 300 euro, Ultimo is 650 euro.

waiting for your comments, to make my mind.

• All of the VU+Ultimo tuners are modular giving you the choice of how you wish to configure it and meaning replacing any broken tuners is straight forward.

In terms of image support for the Ultimo - Blackhole, VTI, Vix and OpenPli Vix will support it.

The 1GB flash may prove useful in the future. The DM7020HD also has a 1GB flash but no images or other facilities currently take advantage of this flash size.

• multimedia deiced to close source image!
    Maybe in future VU+ find problem to make image ... till now they use source multimedia!

• what is( the best) , most simple for usage Image for Ultimo , from , this :

Ultimo - Blackhole, VTI, Vix and OpenPli Vix.

and where I can find the zip firmware.( links )
    what you recommend to install first , for test ?

• what is( the best) , most simple for usage Image for Ultimo , from , this :

Ultimo - Blackhole, VTI, Vix and OpenPli Vix.

and where I can find the zip firmware.( links )
    what you recommend to install first , for test ?

As the reciever is still only being Beta tested, you won't find much public images for the Ultimo yet..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!