Updating Sat XML File

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,500 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi, I'm fairly new to all this but wanted to double check I've got things right in my head before I update my sat xml file.

I have Vix 2.2 on a Vu+ duo, and want to cut down the number of satellites I have to scroll through to change sats. The xml generator allows me to customize the list. Next step would be to ftp this to the right folder and overwrite the xml file there, yes?

After I do this, I assume my bouquets/channel list would still work on the sats included in the xml if the channel is still there (i.e. not moved by provider) - is that correct?

Finally, if I am getting pid not found or tune failed then perhaps scanning the satellite will sort this. If I do this, the bouquets are not affected, or are they? is it worth uploading Catseye or something similar as a shortcut to scanning?

Sorry if this is all a bit basic and lots of questions. I really need to get into the editing software side of things but never seem to have the time.

PS is it worth updating to Vix 2.3?

• Official Post

Next step would be to ftp this to the right folder and overwrite the xml file there, yes?

Hi roughneck, FTP the satellites.xml file to /etc/tuxbox/ it will overwrite whats already there.

After I do this, I assume my bouquets/channel list would still work on the sats included in the xml if the channel is still there (i.e. not moved by provider) - is that correct?

Everything else will stay the same, only the list of satellites will change in your menu.

scanning the satellite will sort this. If I do this, the bouquets are not affected

Re-scanning the satellite will not effect any bouquets you have made.

is it worth uploading Catseye or something similar as a shortcut to scanning?

Definately yes, this is the only way i ever keep my channels up-to-date, once you try this way you will never go back.

Dreamset is an easy to use tool for uploading channel lists, or you can always directly install the latest enigma2 channel lists ipk from our addons on TSPanel.

• hi sorry was going to update channel xml list tonight on my dreambox 500s losing a lot of euro channels i have downloded filezilla and can connect to box ok just want to know where the sat xml file goes as i cannot see it on the tuxbox folder

• Thanks, have found settings through TS panel as advised.

However, when I copy sat xml file across it doesn't get rid of all the unused satellites, e.g. 75e/w? I was hoping to be able to just scroll through from 42e to about 30w and not see 7w (nilesat) for example as I can't receive. Am I going about this the right way.

Next step is to edit out all the unused channels like all the BBC, ITV and C5 regions as its a pain when they all pop up. Tips on the best way forward or any shortcuts most welcome.

I'm defineily learning more this last few days, so many thanks again!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!