how i can jtag et9000 ?

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,183 times. The last Post () by THE FUGITIVE.

• hello
    please help me

When I flash bootloader electricity was suddenly cut off.
    Now, only a few flashes and then turns off.my et9000 is dead
    usb not work.
    How i can flash boot loader with jtag ?
    thanks

• thank you my dear

rs232 not work .usb not work.network not work .

I live in Iran. Receivers use is prohibited.
    I can not send to the factory.

the receiver (et9000) has the ability Jtag ?
    I know a little electronics.
    These are the things I need.
    1-Map build cables. 2-jtag place. 3-The application for communication with receivers

• Thank you, dear friends

Receivers quite was healthy. When USB flashing suddenly lost power (Electric City)
    I do not have any connection with the receiver's just jtag (usb-rs232-network not work)

help. How can I jtag ?
    Where is the location of the solder on the motherboard ?
    Excuse me. My English is not good.

• I looked this up but it seems a lot of work and all posts also lead to recovery may not be available

below is one post i read

If you have the necessary programming enviroment for Broadcom-CPUs and and the according JTAG adpater, it will be possible to access the BCM7413. Then you need the exact register configuration, the correct DRAM Setup and the NOR Flash programming utillity. If you have reached that point, you can start to recover your Xtrend again. As these information are very hard to get, except you work in the direct setup and service of these Xtrend boxes, it is much easier to unsolder the NOR flash and program it in a TSSOP socket via a conventional programmer.

Murphy-09 ;)

so i think it may be hard work for you

Helping others is always a better feeling than helping yourself

Edited once, last by THE FUGITIVE ().

• I have not took the back off my reciever at present to check your pic above however on a search i came up with a few interesting posts and as i said earlier your box may not be able to be jtagged or even Rs232 cabled although there is contradiction of the Rs232 please read below

Hi,
    The receiver has only Clarke Tech logo , no Xtrend.
    Have written PM to another owner of ET 9000 which has exactly the same problem with his receiver and we compared the s/n on both of them , they are obviously from different batches.
    Nobody of us is ensured that the same woun't happen with this unit , as long it leaks the possibility to re-install the bootloader by RS 232 or Jtag.
    Have got answer from german distributor that RS 232 programming is not supported by the chipset.
    I just wonder how come this is possible with Vu+ models ( VuUtil) , aren't they based on Broadcom chipset as well ?

There is a post on the Clarke-Tech forum by a mod explaining this is not a general problem, but a faulty batch which apparently have not all been returned yet.

I'm curious whether the faulty ones have the Clarke-Tech label, the Xtrend label or both.

Do you have any internal hdd mounted? If yes, try to remove it.

You could check with a serial cable (115200, 8n1) to see initial messages from machine in order to understand what went wrong.

Although i own and use xtrend IM NO EXPERT but judging by what others are saying and your posts on other forums on this subject i would guess if what masterG has posted above HAS NOT WORKED then send the box to a xtrend supplier for repair

Edited once, last by THE FUGITIVE ().

• I think the best advice is if you have tried all other advice to send your box to a supplier of XTREND they may be able to help you --you could try contacting the forum sponsor World of Satellite maybe they can arrange a repair or advise on a replacement box

• morteza friend i am not trying to sound rude but you asked exactly the same question earlier in the thread and i tried to locate your answer to the best of my ability it may be ive missed something on the net but i replied with posts where others had contacted clarke tech and the box apperantly cannot be jtagged but i dont swear to my information as i said IM NO EXPERT maybe as you have tried asking this same thing on many forums as i saw your posts and you got the same replies but maybe try google unless a member knows how to fix it for you

• Then morteza friend i know there are many guys here who are very technical compared to me i hope someone can help you but im afraid if the post is correct where a guy contacted clarke tech and found the ET9000 could not be jtagged or even used with RS232 im afraid you are stuck mate but someone may know a way

• moteza i do not know if World of satellite the forum sponsor can locate one for you but it may be worth contacting them if they cannot try contacting clarke tech in Germany or XTREND in Germany or a main supplier in Germany

• اقا مرتضی

دوست عزیز رسیور ایکسترند را نمیشه با کابل ار اس 232چتینگ کرد
    شما احتیاج به یک پروگرامر مثل
    اینترفیس 3 دارید که میدونم تو ایران کسی نداره و شما انزا از یک سایت ایتالیایی یاید تهیه کنید
    قیمتش تفریبا انازه قیمت رسیور شماست که ارزش نداره برای شما
    در سایت ایرانی پی سی ست بچه های ایرانی متونند ار نظر سخت افزاری به شما کمک کنند
    یا اگر در کار کردن با کامپیوتر و خبره هستید میتوندی یک پروگرامر از سایت علی اکسپرس با قیمت 6 الی 7 دلار تهیه و با اجرای برنامه بورد کام و اتصال ری.ر با 4 رشته سیم به همان فیش هاییکه در بورد رسیور است ای سی فلش رسیور را برنامه ریزی کنید
    ولی این کار احتیاج به مهارت در کار با کامپیوتر دارد.

Edited once, last by darius ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!