Triax 110

There are 47 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,232 times. The last Post () by rasp.

• I am not using usals so surely the motor will not move to what thinks is the right postion

I have a ultra twin lnb one cable going to motor and lnb and one from lnb to box using both tuners.

The motor is searching east and west fine.

When the box was on and signal was good not touched anything before going into standby

Joeuser pm sent M8

• I am not using usals so surely the motor will not move to what thinks is the right postion

But if you do use USALS, then the motor WILL move to what IS the right position, and then you can adjust from there...

BTW - I don't think there is much use in trying to save and use your old gotox positions. In a perfect world, theoretically you could use them again, but if there is just a small change on any of the multiple adjustments, they will probably never all line up again. Sure you can get one, but what is the point of a motor if it will only work on one sat???

Edited once, last by joeuser ().

• Right there is nothing wrong with box i have a sky box took the cables out put into solo working great.

Earlier i put the lat long in the box and moved to three sats 13/19/ 28 with the cats eyes channel list.

Forgive me if some of my questions and answers Sound stupid i retired due to ill health and the medication i am on sometimes and do not whether i am coming or going.

Thanks for your help guys

• After a box was in standby, it cannot know what has happened while it was off. So, before it tunes, it sends motor commands to make sure the motor is in the correct position.

Another thing to check, when you loose only some channels, is there a consistency as to their H/V or hi/lo freq values? i.e. do you loose all horizontal channels? If you see a pattern, it can help narrow done possible problems.

i have just read your most recent replies sorry

Absolutely totally agree mate with above --when you switch on your reciever sends a signal to motor to look at which sat its positioned at if your dish is not set up to trac the arc then it will respond with NO SIGNAL also as joeuser says if there is a pattern to H or v POlARITY missing channels it will spell LNB failure and lastly cazuela spelled out the need to have it plumb all these things can effect signal mate

- - - Updated - - -

"Earlier i put the lat long in the box and moved to three sats 13/19/ 28 with the cats eyes channel list."

just a question mate did all three sats give good signal and did all channels appear to be working normal

- - - Updated - - -

If you are getting signal and channels seem ok on all three sats it could point to a few things --how old is your cable i have changed mine a few times over the years for similar reasons to you signal drop
    Have you threaded your F connectors correctly i realise this may sound a dumb question to a person who is not new to the hobby but believe me it is easy to make a mistake and this alone can lead to a signal drop out
    Sometimes without having a box or dish in front of your eyes it is hard to pinpoint faults by posts alone but please check the things i have listed and others have listed as all are trying to help you

Helping others is always a better feeling than helping yourself

Edited 2 times, last by THE FUGITIVE ().

• The cable is new Webro wf100 twin cable. Made new ends on lnb.

using USSALS the sats are way off 19.2 was more like 28.2 because i have a sky dish below.

Using diseqc 1.2moved to 13.o hot locked on to signal 72%

But on the box it was 95%

Have loaded a image given to me by Jenseneverest

• Official Post

Don't forget that with diseqc you are storing the post ions. So you align the motor to a sat and store that position.
    With usals you align the dish and the motor goes to the correct satellite position. Usals is a better system by far. It even fine tunes for the best signal on my motor.

• Sorry i have not replied i had a offer from my nephew to give a hand but on his day off it rained all day.Will have to wait for another day when he is off.

Today i changed all f connectors for the compression type bit of job but got there in the end

• Right i am back guys for more advice.

Taken the dish down and put new t and k brackets with the hep of my son.

Checked the motor was ok on the pole put the 1 meter dish and pole back up checked level with pole level ok

Set the elevation to 27 did not usals because due south would hit the wall.

Managed to get 13.0e 16.0e 19.2e the signal 100% and agc is 90%on all three sats

Tried 23.5 and 28.2 no signal at all

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!