Triax 110

There are 47 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,283 times. The last Post () by rasp.

• Address:
    Latitude: xxxxxxx
    Longitude: -xxxx°

Satellite: ****************** Motorized ***********************************
    Elevation: 30.0°
    Azimuth (true): 57.3°
    Azimuth (magn.): 57.3°

Also taken dishpointer .com

Edited myself before mods done it

Edited once, last by rasp ().

• Exactly jensen mate or as is described in many tutorials "they are plumb" if as jensen says you may have your cordinates wrong then this could explain why you are having issues also if you are in south Wales im pretty sure your refference sat will be 5 west this is the sat nearest to true south for you below is a table i use

London & South East England=Thor 5 & 6 @ 0.8 west or Intelsat 10-02 @ 1 west
    West Country & Wales=Atlanticbird-3 @ 5 west,
    Liverpool & North West=Atlanticbird-3 @ 5 west ,Intelsat 10-02 @ 1 west or Thor,
    Midlands & North West England=Intelsat 10-02 @ 1 west or Thor,
    Scotland =Atlanticbird-3 @ 5 west, Intelsat 10-02 @ 1 west or Thor,
    Outer Hebrides = Atlanticbird-3 @ 5west or Atlanticdird-2 @ 8 west,
    South West Ireland = Atlanticbird-1 @ 12.5 west,
    Central Ireland=Atlanticbird-2 @ 8 west,
    Dublin & Belfast Atlanticbird-3 @ 5 west,
    Le Harve North West France=1 west either Thor or Intelsat,
    Belgium & Netherlands=Sirius-4 @ 4.8 east or Eutelsat W3A @ 7east
    West France =Atlanticbird-3 @ 5 west
    Paris & Central France=Sirius-4 @ 4.8 east or Thor @ 0.8 west
    Lyon Marseilles & East France= Eutelsat W3A @ 7 east

Helping others is always a better feeling than helping yourself

• Strange has happened lost a load of channels fta signal is zero and on some others signal is fine have not moved dish but before signal was fine

Scanned before found over 2000 channels did same thing this morning only found 1300

- - - Updated - - -

Strange all back ok now all signal ok

Edited once, last by rasp ().

• deffo sounds like loose connections/ dodgy LNB / moving dish /bad connection between tuner and motherboard/
    If you could ,,maybe you have another LNB lying around or borrow a mate´s..
    Try another STB /box to set up..
    looking back at your first original post :

Not using USALS not sure if pole is bang on .

This could very well be your problem....
    FTP this IPK over to the box and let us know if any difference:

• Thanks m8 downloaded and edited the list and took off the sats i was not going to use with dreambox edit.

Checked all connections took them out of stb, motor, lnb and reconnected all are OK .

Tried something else last night loosened the bolts on the bracket on the dish and changed the angle of the dish moved east and found a good signal on hotbird.

Not had time to try anymore sats will try later and report back.

• I really hope you get it sorted mate it may be a issue though without you been able to set up your reference sat (nearest true south)which i believe for you is 5 west --my advice would be to set up each sat individually that you plan to locate and hope it tracs the arc or the restricted arc in your case but it does seem you are making progress

• Went up this afternoon to make sure bolts on bracket for the dish were tight signal was okay tighten them up did not touch dish lost signal

Tweaked dish again got signal back i noticed there was extra channels like there was one in the catseyes list before now there are three

It go to a channel says TUNER failed Tuner is red next minute signal goes up to 85% does not happen on all of them

• How old is the box bud??
    is it an original?
    the bad side if it´s the tuner which is not plug n play on the solo2 so maybe consider returning it to seller..
    or if you're handy with electronics ,check the pins of the tuner to the board..

• Just tried to tune other sats no signal moved back to hotbird no signal again.##

Vusolo2 is original bought from WOS about 14 months will have to check my email .

Thinking of buying a cheap box to see it is the box what would you advise me to get.

- - - Updated - - -

I know it's not the motor checked all cables ,

I have also switched tuners A /advanced. B/ second cable of motorised and viice versa

- - - Updated - - -

Bought on the 19/09/2014 .

• Can you not borrow a reciever friend i think i suggested this earlier it can rule out a lot of possibilities for instance water ingress can give sudden signal drop but in your case i tend to think like cazuela your tuner is failing but a spare reciever would rule out other thing things

• There is no one near me all have sky boxes.

As for water ingress i have shrouds on my motor and black ultra lnb which has a pull down casing covering outputs

- - - Updated - - -

Tweaked dish again got SNR 84% AG84% on hotbird if try to find other sats and move back i get not sinal will leave on hotbird for tonight

- - - Updated - - -

Had enough now put box on about half hour ago tuner failed nothing on hot bird no signal.

It rain last night but while it was raining it was still giving good signal.

Emailed WOS no reply yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Pleas correct if i am wrong:

When i am tweaking dish i am just moving out and back to the position it was and it picks up the signal .

When i done yesterday i did not put the box into standby.

If the LNB was faulty i would not get any signal

I think the box is not saving the information hence when i put it into standby is is not saving anything to memory.

Thinking of buying this box to try: Miraclebox Premium Micro

• Although it is possible, I highly doubt the box or LNB is at fault. It is possible (and very likely) that you are tweaking the dish to align to one sat, but the motor is not in the correct alignment for ALL sats. The tweaks are just making another alignment error to compensate for the motor alignment problem. (Sometimes two wrongs can make a right...) That is why it is important to try a sat as close to due south as possible. I also think you should use USALS - at least to get the initial alignment done.

• Then why is it when i get SNR 84% AG84% on hotbird and watch for few hours in evening all is fine switch box to standby and switch back on the morning no signal and not touched the dish.

Even the if the dish had moved slightly the signal should not go from 84% to zero on all channels.

• Official Post

Then why is it when i get SNR 84% AG84% on hotbird and watch for few hours in evening all is fine switch box to standby and switch back on the morning no signal and not touched the dish.

Even the if the dish had moved slightly the signal should not go from 84% to zero on all channels.

Are you using crossepg ?? If so the dish will move to different sats.

Have you got a fixed dish to check your box on?

Have you at any point been able to get signal on 3 different sats?? If not you then are not setting the dish up correctly and /or your motor is faulty.

If helpful to you pm me your lat and long and I will send you a solo2 backup in the morning

• Then why is it when i get SNR 84% AG84% on hotbird and watch for few hours in evening all is fine switch box to standby and switch back on the morning no signal and not touched the dish.

After a box was in standby, it cannot know what has happened while it was off. So, before it tunes, it sends motor commands to make sure the motor is in the correct position.

Another thing to check, when you loose only some channels, is there a consistency as to their H/V or hi/lo freq values? i.e. do you loose all horizontal channels? If you see a pattern, it can help narrow done possible problems.

• another experience: if you , at any time while the box was on, disconnected any part of the connection between LNB/motor/tuner hten it will look as a fault.
    The usual tell tale sign is if the dish icon on the screen flickers non stop( meaning it hasnt found the sat).
    Have you got a single or double cable coming from LNB occupying both tuners?

Sounds like we´re all coming to the same conclusion,,, walled-pole not plumb, motor not setup correctly and/or tuner set up not correctly..

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!