dm800se cable image help required

There are 27 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,934 times. The last Post () by skunk1111.

• Hi
    I have a dm800se clone box. its the one with the mini flash up button on the back

I have always used this for satellite use and would like to try uk cable.

can someone post a link to current cable image.
    this box is the one that requires a trial tuner driver (3 in one)

any help will be appreciated. Thanks

• Official Post

There is no such thing as cable or satellite images. The tuner decides what system you can use.

Pretty sure that Italysat images have working trial tuner drivers. I hope you realise that the trial tuner basically thinks that cable and terrestrial are also satellite. You have to modify your satellites.xml to include the cable and terrestrial frequencies. Not sure if anyone has tried ABM or AutoBouquets cable with it.

Would be simple if you replaced the tuner with a cable tuner.

• thanks for replying
    if I replaced to a cable tuner . could I than use any image and just modify the sat.xml file

i have found the trial tuner drivers for my box and installed . i now get in tuner configuration 3 tuner listings .
    i have disabled the T and the S parts and enabled the cable part ...

the only thing i have chaned here was the network id to 41051 (my are)

when you come out of the this options are automatic scan .. this gives error
    manual scan default frequency is 466 which i left alone symbol rate is 06900 again left as is but no channels found . tried single transponder and complete scan
    cable scan this has default frequency of 323 and a symbol rate of 6875 both i left as standard.. failed scan

i have simply disconnected my cable router input cable and inserted via f type connector to my dm800se ..
    at the moment i just want to tune the cable channels and if successful can get a splitter to use router as well as box

when you say modified satellite.xml file i do not know the frequencies to modify to . is there a link to a modified file i could transfere to the box

sorry for all the questions but new to cable setup. If i cannot get trail tuner to work i will buy a cable tuner and start again but would like to give tuner a go because the driver are installed . it must be the scan settings

• hi
    yes it shows 3 separate tuners as
    tuner A DVBs2 I have gone to this and not configured this
    B DVB-T .. Not configured
    C Trial tuner DVB-C ..... enabled this , changed id to 41051 (my area) , set provider to vir..n media / save

manual scan/type of scan to complete/ network to yes

you can see the progress bar going from 0 to 100 percent but no channels found

I have not changed anything else

the image is openpli 4.0 ssld4d (smiroff rules)

- - - Updated - - -

If I go to cable scan
    I have changed network id to 41051
    I do not know what the frequency and symbol rates should be

frequency seems to be only 3 digits
    symbol rate seems to be 4 digits

I have found this Watford - Herts NTL/C&W, 41051 666750 6952

I tried and chaned symbol rate to 6952
    but do not know how to enter frequency as I only have 3 digits space to enter 666750 ............. I have tried 750 but no luck

• Give a try likes this

for your Tuner setup.
    Menu - Setup - Service searching -Tuner configuration

Select tuner and set as:-

Tuner type DVB-C
    Confuration mode enabled
    Network ID 00000
    Used service scan type Provider
    Provider to scan - Virmin Media UK ( add here your area code )

Don't forget to save (green button)

Now you are actually ready to scan for channels!

now the tuner has been set up. go to Automatic scan. For your first scan, set to Clear before scan yes and Scan Tuner A (DVB-C) yes

Press OK to scan.......

hope this helps

Good luck
    Inspiral

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• Menu - Setup - Service searching -Tuner configuration ............ THis part is ok

Select tuner and set as:- .................. ok

Tuner type DVB-C ............. ok
    Confuration mode enabled ...............ok
    Network ID 00000 ................ok
    Used service scan type Provider ..................................... I have used service scan type I picked provider
    Provider to scan - Virmin Media UK ( add here your area code ) ....................... provider to scan ... V...n Media already selected

Don't forget to save (green button) .......................... ok

Now you are actually ready to scan for channels! .................... after saving I get back to the 3 types of tuner page.. I than exit out of this

now the tuner has been set up. go to Automatic scan. For your first scan, set to Clear before scan yes and Scan Tuner A (DVB-C) yes .... only difference is mine shosws scan tuner C (DVB-C)

Press OK to scan....... again I get progress bar but after 100 percent I get zero channels

maybe there is another image I can try. any links would be appreciated

• can you give me a link to PLi-4 gjstroom patched sim-2 image
    Thanks

I have noticed in sat finder that signal is 0 ie SNR and AGC

the cable should be fine as the cable modem is locking and work fine with same cable

tuner .tuner c trial DVB-c
    frequency 466 is this correct
    inversion auto
    symbol rate 06900 is this ok
    modulation 64 QAM
    fec auto

• when I tried an old cable box that I had it would not play the free channels bbc1 etc. I booted into the box via holding the up and down arrow keys while powering.
    here the signal show as poor

I tried the n.tl cable directly into the box, via a splitter and still no signal yet when I put the same cable into my subbed router it works fine
    I was assuming that it was not a signal problem from this am I wrong ....

maybe this new router detects a lower/different signal that that required for the cable box..
    I have had a modem/router for internet for years but do not have a cable tv box

could this be the issue as regards signal strength

• Hi
    yes I did find cable scan as an option but did not sacn any channels for me .
    I think I have a signal issue . strange because subbed modem/router for broadband is ok but the modded box I have from a long time ago does not give me any free channels and shows no signal
    I have to find my subbed original cable box and see if I get any channels on that

the Autobouquets_C2 plugin will come in handy when I can get a start .

• Hi
    Thanks for the autobouquets file
    installed , changed attributes etc

when I go to plugins and click ok on file there is no option to press menu and set any preferences . it simply starts to run but only for a few seconds.
    its too quick to get the complete error message but its something to the effect ....... cant open file at line x no file exits

in etc /tuxbox there is a satellite,xml shouls there a cable .xml if so where can I get a copy

I have edited the file with my network id on line 9
    with autobouquets I have a favorites list ie sports but the folder itself is empty , this is the same for all the favorites

• heres the latest cable.xml

you need to get some FTA channels added before running Autobouquets_C2 plugin mate

Give a try likes this ok.... go into -> menu - setup - service searching - Tuner config

now setup in here likes this

Tuner Config mode = enabled
    Net Id = (set this for your area ok) eg mines = 00010
    Used Service Scan Type = Provider
    Provider to Scan = V***** M****
    now hit Green Button to save

exit back out to previous page & into cable scan then hit ok
    it takes a while to scan all channels in ok so be patient

when done select a FTA channel say BBC1 go into the Autobouquets_C2 plugin
    & at the top option "first available" hit ok

should be job done? when completed??

good luck

Inspiral

• Inspiral Hi

Thanks once again for replying
    I managed to find the PLi-4 gjstroom and flashed box

I added the cable.xml and autobouquets for cable

Tuner Config mode = enabled yes
    Net Id = (set this for your area ok) eg mines = 00010 yes mine is 41051
    Used Service Scan Type = Provider yes
    Provider to Scan = V***** M**** yes
    now hit Green Button to save yes

this takes you back to tuner page showing the 3 tuners . I exit / select cable scan/

on this page theses are the default settings

tuner tuner c:trialtuner DVB -C (BVB-C)
    frequency 323
    symbol rate 6875
    modulation QAM64
    network id 00000
    use official channel numbering no
    hd list no
    enable auto cable scan yes

I press ok to scan and quite quickly I get failed scanning failed

I than exit and go back to the same page and change the network id in this page to my network id of 4105 and try again still the same

I have also tried the automatic scan. this show a progess bar and goes from 0 to 100 but no channels
    I have also tried the manual scan and selected complte as type of scan . this also shows a progress bar but still no channels

I can only assume the 3in one tune is crap

I could either buy a separate cable tuner and try again or buy another box say a zgemma what would you recommend

I did manage to find my old subbed vi..media box and got some free channels on that so there must be some signal .. may be low
    strangely I could not get any signal even the free channels on my old modded (talk back disable box) .. I would have thought that the free channels should have worked ..
    I will try again later

• sorry to hear you had no joy?
    id check the Tuner is seated correctly to the motherboard 1st m8, umplug it Obviously befor going inside lol

curruously?? can you get any Satellite or Terrestrial chanels using this tuner m8?

& are you enabeling the Cable part of Tuner before scanning? Ive never messed with triple tuners m8 so av2 ask?

if all fails then I`d try a cable Tuner in nxt bud

again good luck ok

Edited once, last by Inspiral ().

• Am blazing along now.
    Flashed open tv5. 1
    Loaded autobouquets
    Loaded vurgin media HD skin
    Loaded picons
    Flash expander
    Iptv player
    Backed up and working perfect.
    Welcome back HD lol
    I'll pop the image in section as back up when I have time

• add your area code where its in red m8

this takes you back to tuner page showing the 3 tuners . I exit / select cable scan/

on this page theses are the default settings

tuner tuner c:trialtuner DVB -C (BVB-C)
    frequency 323
    symbol rate 6875
    modulation QAM64
    network id 41051
    use official channel numbering no
    hd list no
    enable auto cable scan yes

now run scan m8

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!