BH issues!

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 900 times. The last Post () by Sandman.

• I never really see anyone else complaining so can't believe its just me....conspiracy I say!!

Since I got my Vu+ I've always loaded BH as my preferred image...

I recently upgraded from 1.6.2 which was green screening on me quite frequently..say at least twice a day which is annoying but tolerable...

EPG downloads would crash the box as well and sometimes a lot of faffing about was required to even get an EPG to load...

roll on 1.6.6 I thought! No crashing, great! No EPG issues, great! Now on a daily basis I get OSCam collapsing...cards go to '0' OSCam restart required! Totally random as well so there's not a lot I can fix! Does no one else get their cards loading as 'CRD' rather than 'NET'? (ie. loading as CRD means you can see the channels fine but peers can't lol)

I'm running 6073 and have updated every time I see an OSCam CCcam release so am I the unluckiest Vu+ user ever?!

</rant>

• What errors are in webinfo if any to help find a solution.

Are you using oscam configs from 6018 version that was on the forum, if so the oscam.srvid file may be the problem because its too large and has been causing crashes, so we remade the configs for this reason.

I've just today turned logging on so will see what happens when it crashes again! I've since deleted my oscam.srvid file...it will be the one that came with BH 1.6.6 Sly UK ready...wasn't very big though (23k!)

Will see how that goes and report back!

edit - removing oscam.srvid has also cured my Sly 3D issue....logs were reporting unable to find ecm for that channel so I was getting a black screen!

• Open webinfo and restart oscam from blue button, watch the info that scrolls down the screen in webinfo, if there are any errors it should show at startup.

Only error before removing oscam.srvid was no oscam.ird....

Code
    2011/12/12 16:08:52        0 s can't open file "/var/tuxbox/config/oscam.srvid" (err=2 No such file or directory), no service-id's loaded
    2011/12/12 16:08:52        0 s 37 tier-id's loaded
    2011/12/12 16:08:52        0 s 1000 provid's loaded
    2011/12/12 16:08:52        0 s can't open file "/var/tuxbox/config/oscam.ird" (errno=2 No such file or directory) i***** guessing not loaded

I had been watching that before increasing my log file size earlier and there was nothing obvious going wrong...

• If you are using oscam + CCcam you can check CCcam log in /var/log/messages, look for newcamd and see when its dropping off.

I'll keep an eye out!

Do you have EPG set to download at a certain time or some other cron setup ?

I do...but its not happening at that time....sometimes it just happens while I'm watching something!

Lets see if its stable for a couple of days....If logs tell me anything when it happens again I'll report back...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!