Software problems.

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 939 times. The last Post () by Rudylad.

• Hi. I had blackhole installed on my vu+ duo, and a couple of weeks ago I got a software message on my screen. My box kept crashing. Since then I have updated the bootloader and and flashed it with blackhole. Same thing happened. So I've tried with Vix, and initially it worked, then after a couple of days I got the same message. It's making the box impossible to use. My box also runs really slow since I flashed it with Vix. Here are the messages I get on my screen. Can anybody please help? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Have you got a HDD installed or a usb stick mounted???

If so create a swap file in either location.....

With openvix press the blue butto on your remote, then select ViX.... now select swap manager. Now blue button to create.... when that is done press the yellow button so that it autostarts...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Have you got a HDD installed or a usb stick mounted???

If so create a swap file in either location.....

With openvix press the blue butto on your remote, then select ViX.... now select swap manager. Now blue button to create.... when that is done press the yellow button so that it autostarts...

Brilliant thanks, what will this do when I do this?

• swapfile will create more space for your plugins,populated epg picons folder ,etc on media/usb so as to ease up the strain on the box itself..

Thanks for the reply. All I have installed on the box is vix and not a lot else as it keeps crashing and showing these messages. I haven't been able to add picons etc yet.

• Rudylad

You are not alone
    I have been trying to sort same problem on a few duo's from my family

strange that these problems started with recent images
    what makes it worse is that if you use an older image they get them too
    I'm now on black hole 2.1.1 and guess what

before each install i'm installing original image
    do you find wether using plugins or not it's still say can't allocate memory

an image that works ok is openvixhd 78 if you can get hold of it

also try to use clearmem plugin do not use cache flush from what I have seen it makes matters worse

good luck

parabéns cr7 & moliveira88

Μπρέντφορντ Φ.Σ

RIP Vangelis Papathanassiou

• Ok mate thank you. I installed the latest vix last night, I couldn't find openvixhd 78, and so far it's worked. But that is all I have done at the moment, reflashed with the latest vix and went through the setup wizard and nothing else. I've left it all day, got in and it's still ok with no message yet... Scared to touch it now though. If I that message reappears I will follow you're steps, appreciate it thank you. I'm new to all of this so its trial and error for me. I'm just going by these forums and it's taking me an age haha. I think I've been unlucky with this error message unless I would have had my box up and running, I think...

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!