warning to any ultimo buyers

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,299 times. The last Post () by phonix.

• noticed a few ads with very small writing at the bottom that says
    ***Note that the specification of plug and play tuner could change upon production. The units maybe manufactured with 1x fixed DVB-S2 tuner and 2x tuner slots.***
    i would be too happy if i bought one and ended up with two tv tuners in it
    i would check whoever preordered it and find out exactly whats in it
    hope this helps a few forum members thats thinking of taking the plunge

• i have just order mine today and the ultimo is defiantly coming with 2x DVB-S2 tuners and a usb wifi stick

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.

• There has been reports of slightly weaker tuners in the Ultimo from early adopters on the VTI forum compared to the Duo.
    This might be an issue for some if you are chasing marginal satellites where signal strength is critical.

I know that there were some initial problems with the satellite tuner on the Uno that effected certain transponders on 13E and 30W which required a firmware update to fix.

The front OLED on the Ultimo does look great and the keyboard on the remote will be useful when a good web browser is developed.

This box does look very nice and if you get one fully loaded with three sat tuners and a USB DTT will be great.

• sandman what about VIX images ? £70 upgrade for tripple tune (ok limited channels but still alot better than £599) , people saying it works on the UNO?

I *think* the drivers for USB tuners are more a kernel 3.1.1 thing so time to pop to the VIX forum and start a 'please support this' thread!

If you're going to spend money on an external T2, why not upgrade your LNB and run a bit more cable....might as well get the lot with an S2!

• A new vix image with the latest kernel 3.1.1 for Vu+ boxes will be out very soon sorry i cant give a date which will support a lot of usb stick natively

PCTV Nano Stick 290e tested and working on Uno on kernel 3.1.1

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.

VU+ ULTIMO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!