vlc issue

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,023 times. The last Post () by steve67474.

• Hi Guys firstly Merry xmas to you all. I am trying to get vlc working with my dm800 hd box. I had it working before so am a bit confused as to whats happening here. I have win 7 64 bit OS and am installing vlc1.1.11 I di a full install ok and when I go into properties to add the --intf wxwin --extraintf=http at the end of the target line it wont start up in windows. If I remove it then it starts?? Have tried earlier versions and still the same. Any ideas guys?? as I said I had this working some time ago but had to reload my system.

• Am using an open embedded experimental image by voyager will try another image I spose. Still strange how vlc wont open on pc. Have read on some tuts that you make the change to the target on the shortcut on the desktop and then start vlc from the main menu?? that doesn't have the change in so vlc starts normally I dont see how the shortcut change can do anything in this instance?

• Thanks ddaddy but I am trying to play movies I have on my PC through the dreambox onto the tv. I can go to webtv and watch tv on my PC no probs. When I start VLC it runs under task manager as a process but not as an application so I cant go in and change the interface to web interface

• Well I can see wots happening re the comms side of it. I can now see my movies on the PC. The server settings are not being saved so it is going back to adefault ip addy which is not my pc addy. I put in my pc addy and I can see the movies I select a movie and dm800 green screens? Have added the extra stuff in my shortcut target and dropped that into the startup menu. I then start vlc from main menu and select web interface but still green screens and resets the server back to default settings. deleted and recreated server but still same. Time for the pub now maybe a few 1664's will get the little grey cells goingbeer10

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!