OpenViX 3.2 Vu+ Solo 4k Backup By master G

There are 30 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,062 times. The last Post () by moosic.

• Ok, I seem to have got rid of that issue, thanks.

I'm not copy\pasting the text but all i'm getting is:

Last login: Fri Jan 15 16:03:31 on ttys000
    Mint-Toblerone:~ Lloyd$ init 4
    -bash: init: command not found
    Mint-Toblerone:~ Lloyd$ rm -f -r /media/hdd/crossepg
    Mint-Toblerone:~ Lloyd$ rm -f -r /media/hdd/epg.dat
    Mint-Toblerone:~ Lloyd$ init 3

• Yes, I am now. I must have got that part wrong, sorry chief.

What I am faced with now is -
    The authenticity of host 'vusolo4k.local. (fe80::21d:ecff:fe0a:bed5%en0)' can't be established.
    RSA key fingerprint is SHA256:aSJNt47w9HItJ1QvMSBHMBkwgllQJPqwYZ9l3AwCmiQ.
    Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

• Ok, that rebooted enigma so looks like everything should be working.

Then I went into open tv and downloaded on sky premier but just checked the epg, still not showing much.

• Ok, that rebooted enigma so looks like everything should be working.

Then I went into open tv and downloaded on sky premier but just checked the epg, still not showing much.

What happens if you try to update crossepg when using a FTA channel? BBC1 HD or CH4 HD for example....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Can't do that now, my box has not rebooted correctly. (I went into terminal again to re-do the process in case i did it wrong) It just seems frozen now, tv screen is blank, front of the VU screen is solid white. What is the best course of action here?

- - - Updated - - -

Update, I got the box working again.

However, when trying to download the Open TV listings, I just get a warning screen saying -

Cross epg error - no valid NIM found

- - - Updated - - -

Master G, i really need your help here.

I have got the downloader for Open TV running again on itv hd, it works for approx 20 seconds. When I check the now and next it seems it brings up all the freeview channels but not the sky channels. Should that happen or is there a way around this please?

Sorry for all the posts, everything else has been sweet, appreciate the help boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, have just gone back into epg settings on VIX image this morning.

For anyone having the same non-epg updating issue it must be something to do with Open TV being selected along with the XML TV providers. The VIX manual said it was possible to use both Open TV and XML TV providers as long as they was not set for download at the same time, so I guess it just doesn't work on the VU+ 4K (perhaps)

I just deselected the Open TV providers (as everytime I have used Open TV, it just isn't giving me the data for any subscription channels on 28.2) then selected Rytec UK XML TV then downloaded as my only choice of provider. Took around five minutes to download the data but I now have full epg data for everything on 28.2.

I will monitor it for the next three days, use Master G's terminal code to delete and start the process again. Thanks for the help Master G. Surely there should be an easier way to update epg constantly and delete?

Edited 3 times, last by moosic ().

• Thanks Abu,

My only copy of epg is saved on my USB drive. I did delete the last lot as you suggested (when i first got the problem) but that did not fix the issue.

Possibly it was just having open tv and the xml selected but not downloading at the same time. I will see what happens this week with just xml rytec selected.

So far all is well again.

Thank you for your help, appreciated.

Edited once, last by moosic ().

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!