SLY.NEW HD Skin (V3.0)

There are 156 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 44,182 times. The last Post () by jrw88.

• exctracted the ipk with 7zip but cant even find where to put them files and is it the .tar files im putting in the dir or extracting them too?

The files location should tell you in the rar file you have extracted

SKY.NEW folder should go to: /usr/share/enigma 2

Renderers to: /usr/lib/enigma 2/python/components/renderers

Converters to: /usr/lib/enigma 2/python/components/converters

Skymedium.tff and skybold.tff to: /usr/share/fonts

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• i cannot believe i am the only 1 who cannot do this???

SKY.NEW folder went in: /usr/share/enigma 2

i extracted the contents from the renderer folder and placed them in /usr/lib/enigma 2/python/components/renderers

i extracted the contents from the converter folder and placed them in /usr/lib/enigma 2/python/components/converter

skymedium.tff and skybold.tff both went in usr/share/fonts

went to system-settings-skins selected the sky skin rebooted box but now my menus etc are just black boxes.

- - - Updated - - -

if anyone has this on openpli 4 on a dm800se clone sim 2.10 and is kind enough to make a back up for me i would really apreciate it. i just cannot understand why it wont work for me at all?

• No it won't py files convert to a pyo file,if you are only transferring a pyo and a py is there that will take over

thanks pal i will give that a try. i have been at this for over a week now lol. il just watch this man utd match then try again. shall i change skin through dreamplex or my skins menu on openpli?

- - - Updated - - -

thanks pal i will give that a try. i have been at this for over a week now lol. il just watch this man utd match then try again. shall i change skin through dreamplex or my skins menu on openpli?

nope didnt work pal deleted everything with the same name, moved to correct folders without any overwriting. selected the new sky skin, rebooted box and same thing happened. just a black box when i press menu button.

• Wot image are u using mate and what box??

• sorted it now, i dont know what i was doing wrong but its working and all i can say is wow!! its worth all the struggling i had!
    thanks chababu my box is now complete.

• Hi Chababu,

Beautiful and elegant skin - definitely a must have and a really nice New Years update :)

Just wanted to ask:

1) In the previous version of the skin -on the far right hand corner of the panel where it says "Press EPG for more" there used to be the channel Picon.

2) In previous version (on the VU+ Duo2 box, on Openblackhole) pressing "OK" on remote whilst on the panel would also bring up EPG for not just current program but ALSO the next program. This was very helpful to know the EPG of next show coming up.

Are there any intentions to bring these 2 features back in an updated version of the skin?

Thanks a lot once again for your wonderful efforts and hard work!

• Thanx mate. I am glad you like it. I kept the 1st & 2nd infobar to look like exactly the Sly HD ones. Thats y i changed it in the v3.0.

If you want an info bar with the channel picon and both the current & nxt epg info then I will have to customise it for you.

Will try do it for you tomorrow and i will upload it. Please do keep reminding me bcoz I get cought up with other work.

Thanks again...

• THANK YOU SO MUCH Chababu, that is a really generous solution offered! Hopefully others will also benefit from these slight tweaks as I found that it made the skin even BETTER than the official theme.

Theres no pressure, whenever you get some free time please post it as my friends and family will be very pleased too with the new aesthetics.

- - - Updated - - -

Same here on openATV, If i use your third image as an example, it doesnt have any information on the right r.e upcoming as stated by dazzza. Its just a blank space. Also it doesnt show the current channel in the corner like yours has, instead it shows some sky sports pic of some dude lol, otherwise its fab.
    Just this niggle :(

For those who are getting the issue on no "mini tv" on the top right hand corner of the channel list. Or no EPG being shown for next programs whilst on channel selection list. I found the following fix:

Whenever IPK is installed - it for some reason brings "lib" and "share" folders in root.

I noted that newly placed "lib" contained the updated "converter" and "render" files needed within usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter.

This then fixes the issue on the mini tv display in top right hand corner when selecting a different channels. Hope this post is of use.

• For those who have requested for the picon and next epg descriptions on the infobars as follows:

7ac6fd6805.jpg

0bc4e6.jpg

ftp the attached 3 files to usr/share/enigma2/SKY.NEW and replace the ones in that folder and restart enigma 2.

Enjoy

:)

Enigma2 skins for OpenPLI based images.

OpenPLi skins are also compatible with Cobralibero, NonSoloSat, OpenVision, SatDreamGR, SatLodge and teamBlue Enigma2 images.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!