How to make a complete image backup using a Technomate Nano SE plus with OpenPli image

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,028 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hoping someone can help me here. I have made a backup but when I go to use it, it hasn't saved my skin and takes me back to the default skin. Most of my settings are saved, which is good but my skin has to be re-downloaded and the Linuxsatsupport plugin has to be re-installed.

Any suggestions on how I could get a full backup??

• Use this -> BackupSuite Plugin

I installed this ( from Linuxsatsupportpanel) but when I try to backup to my USB I get this message : "there is no valid usb-stick found, so I've got nothing to do"

I have afolder called backupstick and a txt file called backupstick on my usb bur its not made any difference. Stick is formatted to FAT32.

Any help appreciated

• I think you only need a file on the root of the stick called backupstick (don't think you need a folder, was the case with older versions of pli)

I have a backupstick.txt doc on the sub too and still didn't work? I created this with notepad. Should I use a different programme to do this?! I just tried to back up to my internal hdd, without any folders or txt files being created on it and this worked fine, but told me to rename the file once it had worked. However want to be able to backup to usb ideally, so I can replicate on other boxes if I get another one. Plus it's easier on usb

Any help again appreciated

• Using Vu+Solo2 and backupsuite I just made a full backup on a usb stick mounted as /media/usb.
    Make sure that your usb stick is properly mounted on your Receiver.

I thought it was as I can save my EPG to my USB. Plus when I looked I could see no options to mount?? Any ideas, but as I can save my EPG am guessing it is mounted correctly??

Any help??

• I thought it was as I can save my EPG to my USB. Plus when I looked I could see no options to mount?? Any ideas, but as I can save my EPG am guessing it is mounted correctly??

Any help??

Anybody able to offer some advice for the above??

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it was as I can save my EPG to my USB. Plus when I looked I could see no options to mount?? Any ideas, but as I can save my EPG am guessing it is mounted correctly??

Any help??

Anybody able to offer some advice for the above??

Cheers

• Have you looked in the media/usb folder??
    use filezilla or DCC to FTP over to see it.
    You should be able to see epg.dat.gz and another folder named vuplus where your full backup will be stored.
    if it isn´t there then you need to remount the usb stick.
    as for your first question,: after making a backup to hdd it will then proceed to backup in usb too.
    it usually takes between 5-7 minutes

• master G

Changed the title of the thread from “How to make a complete backup” to “How to make a complete image backup using a Technomate Nano SE plus with OpenPli image”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!