Android vs Linux satellite receivers

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,661 times. The last Post () by Tarun.S.

• Hi guys been a fan of Linux receivers for years but seen the new u4 quad boxes and they look really good does anyone know if there is any kind of motorised channel list for them like on the enigma 2 receivers and has anyone had any sort of problems like crashing etc ?

• To be honest, if you want Android get an Amiko A3 or Amiko A3 combo. the A3 is sat only and the combo is sat and cable.
    They are well worth the extra cost. Only 'down sides' are no autobouquets and no sly skin.

I dont mind updating my channel list every now and again though, literally takes seconds.
    ( The A3 and A3 combo support importing enigma 2 channel lists )

The 'extras' keep the kids happy on their A3 in their rooms lol.
    Mini wireless keyboard for £10 to use with the web browser, kodi gmail etc run perfectly.
    Rechargeable remote, voice recognition, and the air mouse on the remote means the kids are forever playing candy crush etc lol
    Keeps them occupied
    :20_003::20_003::20_003:

Edited once, last by marcus-g ().

• That's right Marcus, all the functionalities you mentioned are also working in U4 hybrid. It has multi tuner which supports either dual S2, S compatible OR alternatively S2/S compatible tuner 1 and tuner 2 which is DVB-C/DVB-T2 or atsc compatible, which depends on your preferred combo. It also offers mirroring TV to mobile, PC vice versa & also remote viewing thru 2nd tuner.
    Developers are also working really well; but i think they will really appreciate more experts working n supporting the the Bhutto's. Build.

Sent from my YU5510 using Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!