Cable splitter

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,022 times. The last Post () by acco.

• it wont even work for 1 tunar, the setup i have 2 tv`s 2 recievers and 2 feeds from dish,, the other setup is my office just at side of living room, if i split the 2 feeds with 2 splitters and run 1 from each splitter to a reciever.. would that work?

• im trying to achieve the first loop through diagram except 2 dual tuner receivers not 4 receivers. just seems very unlikely they would be produced and sold if they don't do the job. the Guy at Maplins said it would deffo work when i explained what i wanted to achieve

• im trying to achieve the first loop through diagram except 2 dual tuner receivers not 4 receivers. just seems very unlikely they would be produced and sold if they don't do the job. the Guy at Maplins said it would deffo work when i explained what i wanted to achieve

It says india on my tyres, but i'm not going there, you CANNOT split a single feed IMPOSSIBLE. comprendy. dual ,quad or Octo LNB required.

Edited once, last by dale094 ().

• Ok then.. who rattled your cage. Just dont no why they would advertise and sell a product if it simply dont do the job

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Ok then.. who rattled your cage. Just dont no why they would advertise and sell a product if it simply dont do the job

cause there is 1 born every minute and they DGAF about you the end user :)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• not sure if anyone can help but im wanting to split a single feed from my dish to use recording feture on my Vu, ive been and bought a spliiter from Maplins https://www.dropbox.com/s/0u9i…/20160729_144322.jpg?dl=0

everytime i plug cables in i get nothing at all, no signal, no lock, no channels,, both my tuners are set to simple 28.2e

any help would be much appreciated

I have on the roof a dish with 3 LNB's, one cable down, a splitter and 2 receivers. The 2 receivers must be on the same polarity to receive and the splitter must be a power pass splitter for changing polarity. Today i use a splitter master slave out withe both ways permitting power pass. When the receiver connected to master change to a horizontal polarity channel the second can't change polarity but will receive horizontal channels (or vertical if the master is on vertical channel). If the receiver connected to the master is standby the slave can change free the channels.
    In my opinion your problem is the splitter. Looking at your image i see 5-1000MHz. In your case maybe you don't need a power pass splitter (if all channels on 28.2E are the same polarity) but you need a splitter 5-2500MHz (or 950-2400MHz or at least 950-2150MHz).

• Yes all channels are on 28.2e and yes i have both H and V, all i want is to split 2 single feeds into 4.... (2 dual tuner receivers) ive used up all my outputs on my LNB due to 2 bedrooms. I think it might just be alot less hassle to throw up another dish than mess about with splitters.
    Thankyou very much for your info.. much appreciated

• Yes all channels are on 28.2e and yes i have both H and V, all i want is to split 2 single feeds into 4.... (2 dual tuner receivers) ive used up all my outputs on my LNB due to 2 bedrooms. I think it might just be alot less hassle to throw up another dish than mess about with splitters.
    Thankyou very much for your info.. much appreciated

What type of dish are you using, $ky mini or do you have a decent dish?
    Wouldn't it be easier to fit a quad or Octo Lnb than getting another dish or you could even go down DiSEqC switches method if you have 2 outputs from lnb.
    Me personally would swap out the LNB if I had the option.

• Have a look at your Dish b4 you purchase 1 as their is a couple of differences in how they fit your dish depending on what version dish you have, push in to arm or a clip on.
    looking at ebay i see a Octo LNB with MK3 & MK4 Adaptors for £14.99.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!