Vu+ solo with blackhole 1.7.1 and motorized dish problems - advice please

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,029 times. The last Post () by arber.

• Hi guys,

I really hate to ask a complete noob question but I'm getting a little confused as to whether I'm on the right track or not. I have a vu+ solo with a motorised dish, I put the "sly uk tring ready vusolo blackhole 1-7-1 backup" image by mutz-nutz on it. Before I got the dish up, I took it to 2 mates houses with standard fixed *** dishes and it worked great, by just adding the c line into the cccam.cfg.

However when I took it home to my motorised dish I can't get it going correctly, I was fairly sure I had the dish aligned correctly, but when I select a channel the dish moves and no signal for the channel, despite satfinder showing 80% and a lock for 28.2e. Last night I was fiddling around for ages and done a manual scan of 28.2 and found a couple of *** movies channels which worked fine, but only about 6 channels.

Basically all I have done is put that image on the box, and set the tuner to use usals - Configuration Mode: Simple, Mode: Positioner and entered my latitude and longitude.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Should I forget using someone elses backup and just start from the start? I would nearly go out and remove the motor just to have it working!

Apologies for being so needy, but I'm very confused at the moment and any advice would be great.

• Try sending ya dish to Thor 0.8. Check bbc world news see what ya signal strength is.
    Think you will just need a tweak here and there on ya setup.
    Try and get the best possible on Thor bbc world news.
    If using usals and you long and lat is right the other sats should just fall into place.

• What you could also try is putting the most recent settings (preprepared channel lists + bouquets(fav lists) ) although as you say you could only get 6 channels, sounds like dish is not correctly aligned,the reason for the motor to move when you try to open is that either your coordinates are different
    for example .your longitude is -5.. so you need to add to the box long 5....West.
    try this dishpointer
    or the motor + has been properly aligned to 0º (azimuth/elevation of motor + dish) + box hasnt started at 0º(you have an option of GO TO Oº)

This should keep you busy for a while :)
    EDIT - just read this post,you should too : No Power to LNB at 28.2

• you want your mode set to advance lnb set to 1 and dont forget disq mode should be 1.2

i also made sure i was pointed to 28.2 for sly uk then added my long and lat.... also for that satt u put use usals ... then each sat u just add .. dont need to put usals for each one just make sure its lnb 1

now it moves like jagger hope this helps

RESPECT OTHER PEER, PUT ALWAYS A FTA CHANNEL WHEN YOU DON'T WATCH TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1438883374.png

• Thanks guys, you've given me some stuff to think about and check. I'm gonna play about with it tonight and I have all day tomorrow to get up on the roof if I need to adjust anything.

I'll let you know how I get on :smile:

• Thanks everyone, I feel a bit stupid now but it wasn't aligned right at all, the dish was pointed at 23.5 when it thought it was at 28.2.

I'm having a little picture breakup and I'm not sure if it's the wireless dropping/being awful or the signal itself, gonna head back outside and see if I can get the signal any higher and change over to powerline adapters if that doesn't help.

I appreciate the advice, it got me on the right track.

• Have solo with motorised dish with usals protocol which works like a charm.
    Those who have problems and put latitude and longitude of their place forget that dish mount has always problems of 0 degree.
    But to solve it is very simple, just add step by step any half degre on longitude more or less the coodinate (suppose longitude is 23.5 east, change 24.0 east or 23.0 and so on) till you correct the mount errors of the dish.
    And this longitude found keep always in mind when install fresh images.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!