UK VM Cable box/server?

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,884 times. The last Post () by ComfySofa.

• Hi guys. I've been out of the cable scene since VM killed all of the dodgy boxes with the new encryption a few years back. I tried card sharing for a bit but the servers were constantly getting shut down. From what I've heard it is now possible to decrypt the signal?

Just wondering what my options are really. I'd like any good "standard" type box suggestions as well as some more advanced type boxes that would let me set up a cable server with, or similar to TVHeadend.

Thanks,
    Chris

• Ahh OK thanks.

Are there any boxes that act kind of like a server and share the TV over the network/internet and stream it to mobile devices etc?
    Or maybe someone has experience setting up VM and CS with tvheadend?

Cheers,
    Chris

• Reading from your posts, I get the impression that you´re only interested in viewing/servers not the hobby ;how systems work, feed/stream hunting, etc,
    in other words what we are about here...

I tried card sharing for a bit but the servers were constantly getting shut down

That is NOT CARDSHARING that is scumbag leeching payservers.
    Cardsharing is P2P ( peer to peer) as you would surely know from being a "veteran"...

Are there any boxes that act kind of like a server and share the TV over the network/internet and stream it to mobile devices etc?

Most Enigma based boxes do this.( openwebif, etc)
    Bottom line is take the time to read the diverse forums we have here and enjoy the learning process.
    as for boxes: Cheap is not always cheerful and expensive is not always excellent..
    :rant:

• I'm not sure to be honest mate. At the end of the day I'm just trying to save some money. There is a lot of info out there and as well as being confusing, a lot of it is also dated. I always like to learn as much as I can about something tech wise before I go ahead with it so I wouldn't say I'm not interested.

The first server I used was one that came with a box, that lasted maybe a year before disappearing. I did some googling after that and found other servers, free and paid but they were awful with lots of freezing/downtime. Can you explain what the difference is between the servers I was using and the ones you talk about?

Thanks for the box suggestion but I'm not ready to buy anything before I understand how exactly I'm going to be descrambling the channels.

• I'm not sure to be honest mate. At the end of the day I'm just trying to save some money. There is a lot of info out there and as well as being confusing, a lot of it is also dated. I always like to learn as much as I can about something tech wise before I go ahead with it so I wouldn't say I'm not interested.

The first server I used was one that came with a box, that lasted maybe a year before disappearing. I did some googling after that and found other servers, free and paid but they were awful with lots of freezing/downtime. Can you explain what the difference is between the servers I was using and the ones you talk about?

Thanks for the box suggestion but I'm not ready to buy anything before I understand how exactly I'm going to be descrambling the channels.

without lifting BGA'S and paying a sub to vermin even to share half n half with another YOU WONT SAVE COIN :)

you can convert a old KRYPTVIEW to be able work as a dream 500c but alas without a SUB n info that is NOT GIVEN HERE your onto PLUMBS :)

that been said i wish you luck on your indevoiurs and in no way discourage YOU from findiong such INFO but do PLEASE READ THE RULES IN KNOW VERMIN chat ist NEIN GUT :)

RantOv3r :)<3

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Is there a thread on here which i can follow the above??

nope there was a thread that had some info in it but not a how to

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• No problem...it looks like im going on an enforced learning excercise!

Just out of curiosity is there somewhere on here where theres a list of FTA channels in english across the usual satellites in the 1m motorised range?? If i can find an english speaking eurosport on another sat - that'd be brilliant...!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!