CI+ Helper Plugin for OpenATV

There are 97 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 99,153 times. The last Post () by Marty2000.

• Official Post

You probably have to do it the hard way. Instead of assign CAID assign services (Channels) to respective cam in use.

All channels assigned to the cam will only use that cam. So for example i use Conax cam for NO and SE

If assign CAID then both cams will try and decode and cause problem.

So i have to assign my SE Sportchannels to the SE conax cam and my NO sport channels to the NO cam

But since most of the Nordic channels also work with softcam i only add the channels that need cam and let oscam take care of the others

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Hi members,

I Use the latest version of OpenAtv 6.3 on my Mut@nt HD2400 . Will the latest version of Ciplus helper plugin work on my Mutant??

I want to get a member of Digiturk so that I can watch encrypted tv channels on Digiturk. Digiturk uses Irdetto2 system on they CI+ Module.

In 2018 I used OpenATV 6.2 with a summer version ( July or August/September version) and to bad I don't remember anymore the version, anyway it opend CI+ Irdetto2 encrypted tv channel and the ciplus plugin worked very well.

And I'm curious will ciplus plugin work again with the latest version on my sat receviver??

- # On my receiver will OpenATV 6.4 and later not work, it freeze on install and crash. My receiver reboot it self and crash on the same spot ,it a newer ending cycle... So i formated and flashed to OpenATV 6.3 and v6.3 works stabale without any problems or crashes.... !

• Since the ATV 7.3 version of 13.07, the Canal + module on DM920 does not work. The latest plugin 5.4 unfortunately does not help anything. You can expect some plugin update and add Dreambox support?

Od wersji ATV 7.3 z dnia 13.07 nie działa moduł Canal+ na DM920. Najnowszy plugin 5.4 niestety nic nie pomaga. Można spodziewać się jakiejś aktualizacji wtyczki i dodania obsługi Dreambox?

Edited once, last by piotko ().

• As Piotko:

On my Vu+ Uno 4K SE and OpenAtv 6.4==>7.3 , my "TNT Canal Ready" module (for some french Canal channels on Terrestrial Television) was working without problem, even without Ci+ helper

since OpenAtv 7.3 13.07 Update, this module is not working anymore. I have tried so with CI+ helper 5.4; but nothing, the module is not recognized (error 17, authentification failed) (that's better, cause without the plugin, failure (without the error 17) was immmediatly on the screen

For info: Comptatible tvs for this module

Sat: Vu+ UNO 4K SE + OpenAtv 7.4 - ASTRA 19.2 - ASTRA 28.2

IEM: Alinco DJx7 - Sennheiser G3

• use latest 7.3 and ciplus helper 5.4

check you have this foler /etc/ciplus with files

remove the modul

start box switch to the channel for your modul

insert the modul

wait ci+ auth 100%

normal ci+ is working

• Hello,

Thanks for your help

the modul is now auth 100%. I am seeing all the details , but despite putting the right CAID ( 0181F) in the options on OpenAtv (like i was doing on the Openatv 6.4 =>7.3 just before the 13th July update), nothing is working, having a popup from the modul saying that the channels i want to decode are not from the Canal corp (french message as you can guess).

So i tried again the process, pairing on my tv on CI+ Slot ==> sucessful, then trying again with your tip on my VU+, but no luck, still black screen

So at this moment, well, i dont know what to do

Edited once, last by SOUSOUS ().

• i have test a black canal+ ci+ modul works good with solo4k

I am a little bit confused, when it was working on OpenAtv, i could not make working alone the modul, it was only working if i configured to send a request on Oscam (emulator reader with the CAID 0181F), it was returned by the emulator as "not found", but the modul was clearing the Cws.

So i never succeeded to make it working alone.

I will try another solutions if can find some, but near to throw the towel.

• Hello,

This my my first post here. :)

I have a problem with CI+ module from Canal+ Poland (nc+ blue module). I had OpenATV 6.4 installed by default on my PULSe 4K and everything works fine. I've tried to install OpenATV 7.3 (latest image) and install this plugin from version 5.2 to 5.4 r0. Plugin has been installed correctly, but unfortunately - CI+ module is not initalized (instead of the module name I see "init module" entry). Also the menu with "CI settings" selection is not visible (I mean menu in which we can choose Ci+ Legacy or 1.3). Without this plugin installed CI+ module is detected fine. I checked plugin on older version OpenATV 7.2 and even CiPlusHelper 5.4 works fine.
    It is difficult to "troubleshoot" the problem, because I don't see any error messages - even in logs, when I tried tu run enigma2.sh with log level 4.

Does anyone have the same problem?

-- EDIT --
    I do a troubleshoot on OpenATV 7.3 with version 5.4 r0. I see that the process is running fine, but as I mentioned previously - CI+ module is not initialized. But when I kill the process with /usr/bin/ciplushelper and run it again the CI+ module appears correctly and after a while channels are decoded correctly.
    So as a workaround I've created a script which kills the process and after few seconds run it again.

The script looks as below:

Bash: /home/root/fix_ciplus.sh
    #!/bin/bash
    pid=$(pgrep -u root ciplushelper)
    kill -9 $pid
    sleep 5
    /usr/bin/ciplushelper

I've created a service which runs that script and put them in /etc/init.d/ directory. I know that the script below is not perfect, because it "should" have "start" and "stop" cases.

Bash: /etc/init.d/fix_ciplus.sh
    #!/bin/bash
    /home/root/fix_ciplus.sh

After that I created the service with update-rc.d command with the "default" number more than 50.

Code
    update-rc.d fix_ciplus.sh defaults 90
    update-rc.d fix_ciplus.sh enable

I think that it is something wrong with the timing of CI+ module detection in OpenATV 7.3 and maybe few more things, which should be improved.

Edited once, last by odziom91: Troubleshoot of ciplushelper plugin with OpenATV 7.3 ().

• Good morning. Thanks for the new files, but on my configuration I still have the same problem. I have Openatv 7.3 up to date on Vu+ Duo 4K SE, CI+ helper 5.6, and the channels of the tivusat 4k module work for 1 second, then the image freezes and no longer moves.

Tested with another slot and version 5.5 : same result.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french user !

Edited once, last by zeze04 ().

• yes this is a vu driver issue, vu have a close solution this version have issue box crash sometimes
    and we have a open source solution, vu hide the aes/des crypt info we have no infos about this
    only vti team have a new version from the close solution with a fix , but not share it
    we have sent a request to vu korea but have not heard back, looks like there is no solution for this

• THANKS. On the other hand Tivusat 4K works perfectly on an sf4008, openatv 7.3 and ci+ helper 5.4 or even 5.6
    For vu+, you have to stay on openatv 7.2 for tivusat 4k to work, but it no longer updates.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french user !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!