Need info on VU+ JTag Broadcom Tools ( Solved )

There are 187 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 95,873 times. The last Post () by emosim.

• bonjour
    j'ai effectué et respecté la procédure du jtag avec tous les éléments mais quand je connecte la vu+duo au Cypress CY7C68013A EZ-USB FX2LP USB2.0 je n'ai pas de connexion?
    comment savoir si c'est un problème d'alimentation, ma vu+duo est resté allumée led rouge et "starting " sur la facade suite à un orage,je n'ai plus de liaison avec la prise usb ainsi que la prise rs232, j'ai remplacé le condensateur 807 .
    merci

please use English for the benefit of all (utiliser l'anglais pour le bénéfice de tout le monde s'il vous plaît)

google translated version;

hello
    I followed the procedure performed and the jtag with all elements but when I connect the vu + duo Cypress CY7C68013A EZ-USB FX2LP USB2.0 I have no connection?
    how to tell if it is a power problem, my vu + duo remained lit red LED and "starting" on the facade after a storm, I have no connection with the usb plug and the socket rs232 I replaced the capacitor 807.
    thank you

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• also others, cannot flash back the Vu with this program bro..Studio 3. { trials were made for SOLO , and no connection with Vu board}
    if somebody can , provide info..steps... how they set the program to obtain connection, please put here the setting , or to start a tutorial.
    but only if they tested, and they obtain the connection, and rewritte the Vu memory.
    all the best

• All possible information about jtag is withing this thread.
    POSTS #8 + #23 are as close as you will get to a tutorial..
    The original board is not for public sale so you will not find it.
    the alternative is well documented on first page of this thread.
    there seems to be no more information about this.

• hello guys

i bought the jtag chip like the one above and followed the whole process but still cant bring back alive the the box. still stuck on 'starting'. also this bit is odd... when i connected the wires to the broadcom chip the GRD doesnt establish connections, only when i connect the GND to FCUK it connects. what could i be doing wrong. the wiring connection is correct? the guide to this repair on this forum shows the wire not being connected to the gnd even though its instructed to do so????

anyone?

• sorry what i meant is that the photo of the wiring shows the arrow pointing to FCUK rather than GND even though the instructions states connect wire to GND!
    the Broadcom program connects when i connect the wire to FCUK rather than GND but still doest fix the issue, i know the box main board is corrupted.

• hello everybody,i have the same problem recoverying my gigablue 800se wich uses the same rules that vu+.When i connect jtag,broadband says connected but suddenly disconnected,all the time connected disconnected and i cant write the boot.Anybody knows why it is making this?Thanks

• This wizard helps you install software for: Broadcom Test Adapter
    Follow the wizard using install automaticaly and after the wizard is done you ara ready installing
    Drivers for the Cypress board (Broadcom studio 3 wil now know the cypress board).

Broadcom Test Adapter - driver name - BcmUSB.SYS

• My vu+Uno stay on red light please see this link from cypress and Tell me what it takes to buy for J-Tag VU+Uno receiver
    and on ebay find this is this bbs tools for vu+ receiver? I want to buy but dont know what to order

• My vu+Uno stay on red light please see this link from cypress and Tell me what it takes to buy for J-Tag VU+Uno receiver
    and on ebay find this is this bbs tools for vu+ receiver? I want to buy but dont know what to order

buy
    this Cypress CY7C68013A EZ-USB FX2LP USB2.0 Develope Board for Logic Analyzer
    Cypress CY7C68013A EZ-USB FX2LP USB2.0 Develope Board for Logic Analyzer | eBay

1.after you install the Broadcom Studio,
    2.you need to update the flash , memories XML database, according with what you have on your main board.
    verify in MANAGEMENT , if your computer see the Cypress CY7C68013A EZ-USB (driver )
    3.you select the Plugin according with your processor BCM 97325 or 97335, or 97413, 0r other
    4.select SPI , or USb, or I2C
    5.startup>>>flash explorer
    6.verify that cables are connected {but box is now power OFF}
    7.put power on box - and you need to see connection , on startup, or in BVN-Map

and you can access all line from your Flash

PS: on BVN MAP- if you get the correct connections ->>> lines will be in green.

success

I manage to access also the mainboard on solo Clone and original
    important is the data base of XML memories, from flash forder, to be according with the memory that is on your mainboard box

the Cypress CY7C68013A EZ-USB is working , and you can back-up complete full memory contain, and also partial from line 0000FF to other line 0000FFF that you can select-- your can manage everything , read write in Flash.
    the communication protocol is I2C via Bradcom processor.
    { other alternative is JTAG connection-but is on other part of the board on some models, is exist by producer}
    when you rewrite the Flash, you need to search soft, according with the version of mainboard 1.0 or 2.0 for clone
    success

• Can any pleassssssse create a video guide for jtag process please! I have all the tools but getting stuck. If anyone can give video demo on the steps highly appreciated

• hi i managed to follow all the steps. i have a clone V3 vu duo and downloaded/extracted all relevant files from this forum but no luck. vu duo did reprogram but still struck on starting red light??

• hi i managed to follow all the steps. i have a clone V3 vu duo and downloaded/extracted all relevant files from this forum but no luck. vu duo did reprogram but still struck on starting red light??

Sorry bud , but there is no support for vu+ clones currently on this site ..

• Official Post

hi i managed to follow all the steps. i have a clone V3 vu duo and downloaded/extracted all relevant files from this forum but no luck. vu duo did reprogram but still struck on starting red light??

Sorry bud , but there is no support for vu+ clones currently on this site ..

This topic is about jtag of original vu+ so you are wasting your time following it anyway hardy27.

• Hi can't intsall usb driver don't know why can any body help.thanks

• Hi guys,

Does anyone have BBS3 XML for K9K8G08U0D?
    I need the file to repair my VU+ Ultimo. BBS3 dont have the .xml for Samsung K9K8G08U0D flash.

Thanks in advance
    Jeff

• Hi,

I have followed all the great tutorial!

However, I still doubts and doubts :(

I have bought this

Cypress CY7C68013A EZ-USB FX2LP USB2.0

but the BBS cable still no idea. It seems pretty easy, but for me as newbie, I ask a bit help ;)

Can some one upload a proper image about this bbs cable?

Where I can found it?

Do I need any soldering to soldering the bbs cable to the Cypress above?

Thanks in adavnce!!!

• I do the whole procedure, load the file (my vu one), it makes downloading all, after instead of writing Done, in the end I get this: "I / O error occurred," Can you help me, what 's the my error. My reciver is vu one with red LED .thank's in advance ...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!