Need info on VU+ JTag Broadcom Tools ( Solved )

There are 187 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 96,620 times. The last Post () by emosim.

• @ aevegroen ¬

Please do - This kind of input is invaluable and may help countless others -

Thankyou
    :rikjaard2:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Hi aevegroen

Thanks for your explanation of the jtag i'm trying to do it for months to get a connection between my duo and xp, win7 and with different pc's but no success do you have the golden tip for me?

• Hello targus,
    Please be more specific, do you use the Cypress board and it not being instaaled or is the issue someting to whith the cable between the cypress board and the VU+
    Gr
    Albert

• Hi Albert

I used the same cypress board and i bought it april this year and the only diffrence was i had the jumper closed but after reading vu.pdf i opened the jumper but still no connection i have tried with connection 1 3.3 volt disconnected but with no luck .
    On pin 1 2 3 is 3.3 volt when duo is disconnected from cypress so there is life in the duo. The only thing i can think of is a driver issue i have had a lot of problems with the broadcom test adapter(unitialize)

Gr. Targus

• Hi Targus
    If you plugin the cypress board you shoold see in the device manger from windows xp broadcom test adapter.

What i have done is on my laptop i had Linux so i had to install windows XP after the installation i installed Broadcom Studio 3.
    After the installation of broadcom studio 3 i plugged in the cypress board (no jumper ont the board) ,then i had the wizart witch installed the broadcom test adapter (unitialize) driver.
    After the wizard i had to restart my laptop. When it was rebooted i dit get a new wizard to install the broad com test adapter again but whitout (unitialize), ather this wizard i could use the cypress board.
    Gr
    Albert

• Hi Albert

Also tried but no connection i see in vu.pdf step 9 within chips another tab fpga and a revision b0 instead ao, i have only tab bcm97335 and version a0. may be another version of bcm97335 ? what do you really have my version or the fpga b0 version?

Gr Targus

Targus

• Targus,
    I dont know withch version i have a0 or b0 ,i am not at home so ill have to check later.
    But do you get connected in the state field ?????
    Gr Albert

• Henk,
    This morning i plugged in my cypress board and made some screenshots (see screenshots.pdf)
    First you can see the device driver an version , the third screen is whith broadcom and the cypress board plugged in
    Here i also can't change the revision and i dont have the flash tab.
    After that i turned on my VU+ DUO and selected "Flash Explorer", Selected Type Samsung blabla, Pushed Refres , and i got a IO error and the state remaind DISCONNECTED.
    I think that when i turned on my vu+ it booted normaly and when it boots normaly it wil disable the JTAG port and i will get the status DISCONNECTED.
    So are you absolutely shure that your flash is corrupted or wrongly programmed.
    Could you also check if you have output on the serial port , if you plug in a USB stick does the light go on on it
    If one of these two above the boot loader works and there is something else wrong

IMPORTAND:
    I made a mistake in the cable, in the wrong pin.pdf you can see the mistake
    The GND pin was not on the correct pin, but you might have seen that.

Gr
    Albert

• Hi Albert
    Thanks for all your work i had seen that it was the wrong pin, the usb and rs232 are dead but i think you can be right that i cannot connect because the bootloader might be ok i bought
    the box with the problem just like you and the c807 was replaced also no i am out of ideas agian much thanks for your help.

Gr
    Targus

• Hi Kredka74
    I am very well tnx, how are you?
    But my Vu+ duo still not working i cannnot make a connection with my box do you have any suggestion.

targus

• Hi Targus! Sorry but i cant send any pw yet!
    1.This is a not problem with resistors! I used another board and make library file by self. This is very difficult to do. I think nobody build this jtag yet.
    2.Flash is empty, so processor have no bootloader for start. In my case, i found bad sectors on the flash particion, after replace flash, program start normally. I have tools and experience, i can solder/unsolder flash, processor (BGA package). If U gonna stop seeking the "white crow" i can reflash your vu+ for free! Ill programm only CFE, and U can put anythink U wish in it ( CFE run daemons for rs232, usb, LAN). Where U from? I suppose delivery to Ireland is not to expensive now. Just U need to pay both way delivery and mayby somethinks extra if neccesary.
    Regards;
    Kredka

• Hi Targus
    Itll be easier if U find somebody, who doing programing for samsung flash araund U! Important information: CFE start from adress 0x0... to 0x46373. After that ,just solder again, powerup, and program thrue usb, lan, rs. Flash is 128X8 bits, but i never do programming outside the board ( handy jtag ; ) ). Good luck !!
    Regards
    Kredka

• In the BCM97325.zip file is a bug.
    File can properly install as BCM97325 but in Broadband Studio 3
    is only BCM97335 in the properties BCM97325.msi is Broadband Studio 3 - Bcm96368 Setup.
    VUsolo is still not connected.
    Can you repeat the correct file ?
    It is a powerful tool that can be used not only to upload flash,
    or could someone explain how to diagnose no signal on HDMI
    Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!