Can someone explain the whole CSP concept

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,033 times. The last Post () by JDavid22.

• Can someone explain the whole CSP concept as I am somewhat lost, my belief is that if I have a box or pc with a card local it is not
    shared directly with my M8's they connect to a remote server which holds a database of my m8's. The remote server then connnects
    to my server with a single connection. What is benefit apart from security. Sorry if this rambles but i am intrigued by whole idea of this.

• Official Post

' CSP is a proxy server totally written in Java.

It is NOT an emulator! So if it is not an emulator why should one use it?

I will not give any reasons why you should but think of the counter measures taken by providers lately.

Wouldn´t it be nice if your precious card didn´t need to handle all the ECM/EMM requests requested by your peers?

Specially because providers can measure the amount and if your card handles more then a specific limit the provider may disable your card.

Well CSP takes care of that situation! How does CSP do that?

First one must know a little about CSP and it´s main parts.

Don´t worry there are only 3. 1) Profiles 2) Users 3) Connectors >> 1 Profiles, Profiles describe the available card within CSP You may see it as a virtual card. 2 Users, Users manage the acces to CSP both client and peer. 3 Connectors, Connectors describe where the card is located(ip-adress/dyn-dns) and uses the profile to know what provider is serviced by this card.

Now suppose we have 3 providers in our CSP network called A, B and C.

The amount of users is 10 all watching a channel on be it A,B or C.

CSP keeps track of the channels being watched and where it is located.

Assume 3 out of the 10 users are watching provider A channel A0.

User 1 sends out a request asking for an ECM/EMM.

CSP starts looking if it can reply to it and if so will CACHE the reply.

If it cannot reply to the request itself it will start asking its PEERS if they can.

As soon as CSP finds one that can reply it will remember which peer can service provider A channel A0 and inform all other peers about it, also this reply gets cached. Now user 7 is also watching provider A channel A0 and needs an ECM/EMM.

CSP kicks in and will find it can reply from its CACHE.

The original card will NOT be asked to supply the needed information for user 7 as CSP has it in CACHE.

Instead it sends the cached information to user 7 saving the original card.

But what when an ECM/EMM has expired? CSP will receive updated ECM/EMM´s from its PEERS automatically and will CACHE them.

Can I use CSP with all emulators? NO it uses the Newcamd/Radegast protocol.

So you can use it with CCcam by using N lines.

Can I install CSP on my STB? Yes if you can install Java on it and have sufficient processing power and memory(including HDD space).

Best however is to install it on a Linux server or a Windows server.

Preferred is by far Linux as it has better memory management and low demands on the hardware used.

The example I gave is for just one user watching the same provider/channel.

Imagine what it means when there are 10,20 or more users watching the same provider/channel! No stressed to its limits card! No freezing because the card cannot reply quick enough! Let this sink in.

Think about CSP and its capabilities/possibilities.

Then rethink the way you share now. ''

• Many thanks for your brilliant synopis of CSP Master G, i will reread it several times to grasp the info provided. I suspect from my initial reading
    that it is certainly something i would like to experiment with.

• Were does the security come in, do the peeps not still connect to a Dyndns which is obvisously ultimatly traceable.
    Can the database holding the Clines be completly remote from the server.

• wich are the differences with the "cache" feature of oscam??, oscam handle cache too.

nice post btw

The main difference is the cache feature of oscam requires oscam to oscam.

CSP uses newcamd and CWS connections.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• The main difference is the cache feature of oscam requires oscam to oscam.

CSP uses newcamd and CWS connections.

i do not understand, oscam cache doesnt work with a "generic" newcamd client?, only with oscam newcamd client?

• i do not understand, oscam cache doesnt work with a "generic" newcamd client?, only with oscam newcamd client?

It does work with a generic client, it also works with a VDRSC client :-)

• So if one had to choose , would u choose csp over oscam for load-balancing . I live in North America is csp better suited than oscam for nagra3 using newcamd protocol

• A lot of guys in NA have switched to oscam from rqcs for their n3 cards, they both have a built in cache but the obvious difference is the many extra features that oscam has over rqcs

So you can choose
    rqcs only
    rqcs/csp
    oscam only
    oscam/csp

I would say oscam only as you have more control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• My setup is like this RQCS>OSCAM>Clients i use to run RQCS>CSP>Clients. The thing i noticed is CSP works good for sidless receivers (orginal dishnetwork recivers) were Oscam is not as good to control the sids for sidless receivers from server cards.

• Why do you have rqcs>oscam, they are both cardservers with very similar source code, just use oscam alone
    What ecm times are you getting with rq>os>client ?
    rqcs alone should give 360ms average and oscam alone could possible half that if setup correctly
    It's a pity raton went underground I would have liked to see rqcs grow a bit more

• I have latest RQCS from Ratton. So u saying use Oscam as cardserver, it would work better than RQCS > yes u are right ecm time around 300ms with RQCS. I use OSCAM as proxy (loadbalancer).
    i am running oscam build 6089. i tried latest build today but dam newcamd protocol does not work , cards do not connect to oscam from RQCS serrver, wanted to try this new build because it has cashex setup.

• Yep rqcs will connect to some newer versions of oscam but will not share to clients for some reason, and also as you say it will not connect at all to some
    Are you using the rsa or cam_ n for pairing ?
    I suggest you use oscam alone and have all clients using mgcamd, imho it's the best way and you should see an improvement in ecm times as well

• Yes i have tried both ways off pairing rsa and cam_n , Old oscam version 6089 will connect to my card server np. I have alot off clients running asus router with Fsec with original dishnetwork recivers ,so using mqcamd is out off the question. Why some newer version have newcamd protocol issues.

• I would say there is some conflict with the cacheex feature, if you try again check your logs for any errors
    Please post your results using oscam>client, especially ecm times

• What u think about FSLB as proxy balancer is that very good. I do not no what the developers did with oscam all the new oscam releases have issue with newcamd protocol. I will post log off what happens later to-nite. I always compile oscam with only the features i need. The oscam that is running on my server i compiled that also and it works great but does not have cacheex feature as it is stable version 6089

Other Not Listed Softcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for Other Not Listed Softcams - CSP, DreamOS, GBox, NEWCamd, MultiCS, OSCam Smod, OSCam Ymod, SUpcam & Wicardd.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!