YouTube Plugin by Taapat DreamOS [*deb]

There are 218 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 37,576 times. The last Post () by nike v.

• Update ...

Edit last version with latest update ...

Code
    -Remove Favorites from private feeds
    (I think that youtube has not supported the special Favorites palylist for a long time. It only mislead users)
    -Update language files after remove Favorites
    -YouTubeApi: remove unused after remove Favorites
    -YouTubeVideoUrl: Use redirected video id if any, thx dstftw
    -YouTubeVideoUrl: remove unused variables in functions
    -YouTubeVideoUrl: remove forgotten encoding in _parse_qsl
  • I have installed the latest version without any problems

but when I add YouTube.key etc / enigma2

the box crashes

I remove YouTube.key from etc / enigma2 when the box works

i open youtube searching for music or video it finds but nothing opens

dreambox one ultra (exp.image )

• thank you very much for everything

now when i open youtube searching for anything since the box freezes hands nothing has to turn the box off at all

I installed it

enigma2 plug-in extensions-youtube_1 + + git484 4f1fcc5-r0_all.deb

if there are newer ones you can send please

i have old key i can use it after i flashed the box

or do i need to get a new key?

• Sorry I can not help ..

I don't have DreamOne just DM920 and without crash log so difficult to know the issue.

Hello i have a DM920 and i try to install youtube. For the instant only with the OpenATV 6.4 image that's run good with this plugin version enigma2-plugin-extensions-youtube_git486+1f8bc35-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.

With DreamOS image like the last DMS image 9.3 or with the last official dreambox-image-deb-dm920-20200601.tar.xz and this last plugin enigma2-plugin-extensions-youtube_1+git486+1f8bc35-r0_all, i have a problem, youtube doesn't run,

When i search after i enter 9 letters Enigma2 reboot without crashlog. Or if i search in the list "world curling tv" and prss the green button, the same thing Enigma2 reboot without crashlog!

DM920 4k UHD, OpenPli 8.3; Vu+ zero, OpenBlackhole 5.1.012; Vu+ zero 4K, OpenBlackhole 4.3.032

• Sorry I can not help ..

I don't have DreamOne just DM920 and without crash log so difficult to know the issue.

Hello i have a DM920 and i try to install youtube. For the instant only with the OpenATV 6.4 image that's run good with this plugin version enigma2-plugin-extensions-youtube_git486+1f8bc35-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.

With DreamOS image like the last DMS image 9.3 or with the last official dreambox-image-deb-dm920-20200601.tar.xz and this last plugin enigma2-plugin-extensions-youtube_1+git486+1f8bc35-r0_all, i have a problem, youtube doesn't run,

When i search after i enter 9 letters Enigma2 reboot without crashlog. Or if i search in the list "world curling tv" and prss the green button, the same thing Enigma2 reboot without crashlog!

DreamOS image really bad images. The team of multimedia use old version of python and contains a lot of issues with streaming ...

The Best Images are Open source .. Because still built on OE2.0 more more stable and then OE2.5 also a open source images contains the latest version of python and gstreamer.

Try to use Dream Elite 6.0 I test it on that image and work just fine.

• fairbird

your information about Dream OS is WRONG!

first dream Elite 6.0 use DreamOS lookl at the link http://images.dream-elite.net/

second y compair OE2.0 (windows95) with DreamOS (windows10), windows version is only to show how big is the gap between OE2.0 and DreamOS!

btw OE2.0 is also from Dream (open source)!

y are right with the open source at OE2.0 but what the hell cant DreamOS that OE2.0 can, and than think about that what DreamOS can more as OE2.0

how ever the user has the option at Dreambox 520/525/900/920 to use DreamOS or OE2.0

• @ftabin

1-I know what I said well and I know Dream Elite uses DremOS Source ..

2-Who said the new version or the just new style that means (Best things ?!!) This is wrong. The best thing is a stability not just aesthetic.

3-Do you use IPTV service 4K on Open source images and DreamOS (Please just try and you will see the different is far away)

4-Did you know What DreamMultimedia do it after move to OE2.5/2.6 ?! This means that a huge library of plugins, skins, emus, panels running on OE2.0 will not work on OE2.5/2.6 and should be edit all those to work on OE2.5/2.6 and Actual no way to do it.

5-Yes You are right the user has the option to use OE2.0 and OE2.5 (But Please try to search and read from sites. The overwhelming majority searches and uses open source images.. Who use DreamOS just Only for aesthetic such as skins But really not to perform.

By the way, I like DreamBox and I have not supported any device other than DreamBox .. But Unfortunately, the Multimedia has made wrong way And the competitors made it possible for them to gain more developers and users and support them such as Vu and Gigablue ... etc

Also please This topic just for discussion of Youtube and updateing.

• Official Post

If possible fairbird you should try and add support for servicetype 8193,

Instead of relaying on a third-party development like ServiceApp (ExtePlayer)

DreamOS has integrated the gst-player into the enigma2 player as servicetype 8193

This player was special coded for YouTube Videos and IPTV but is not well known among coders.

But it does not work with OE 2.0 only OE 2.5/2.6 images

• also Dreambox One support eServiceStream, it does DASH & HLS, because gstreamer doesn't really do that well, it will be used for dash / hls service stream, e.g. the twitch plugin, it is a completely dream development, twitch would not work with gstreamer anymore, it stays with every advertisement...

however that thread is for YT!!! :-)

• This is quote from Taapat about 8193.

Code
    Servicetype in enigma is not defined in any standards. Therefore, anyone can use whatever they want.
    If DreamOS has created such a servicetype for its plugins, of course you can use it.
    But you can't ask other open source images to use it because it's another specific feature of closed source DreamOS.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!