Jedi Maker Xtream (IPTV Bouquet Creator) - Main thread

There are 2,424 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 848,922 times. The last Post () by gabir.

• In theory its a great idea.

The reality is poor me has to syphon through thousands of lines of code to debug something.

They are both quite large plugins now. Combining them would be great for user, but absolute hell on earth for me.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Yes, I think too, two in one, if it's possible,it's a great Plugin.

Dall'inizio del 2024 chiudo la mia attività per quanto riguarda E2 per problemi di salute.

Ab Anfang 2024 werde ich meine aktivität bezüglich E2 aus gesundheitlichen Gründen beenden.

• Hi, I'm looking for some help. Apologies if this has been asked before, I usually get help from my provider but that's a dead end right now. I'm using the Jedi plugin for my IPTV and until a few months ago all was fine. Recently I've had issues with the channels stuttering, I've added a paid vpn, tried different plugins but I prefer Jedi. My service is generally fine when running on an android app. So I'm at a loss what is causing it. I'm using an Xtreme ET8500 running openvix Willobuild not sure what other information needed. Can anyone offer any assistance? Thanks in advance.

• :derpthink: I think you wouldn't make me wait anymore if you got nothing to do ;)

All my files for test purposes only .

Please don't ask anything via pm .

• Enigma2 boxes are not ideally made for iptv. But we make them work. All IPTV probably plays better on an android device.

Your box is 5 years old, santa is coming soon. Consider a quad core box.

What makes your line stutter?

Overloaded provider server.

Slow internet

VPNs will slow an internet down even more. And lots of VPNs are also getting overloaded and becoming crap.

Provider upping the quality of his streams and your box not being able to handle it

Providers getting hammered when football is on, as everyone is stuck in their homes.

Your box might be running out of memory. You have wooshbuild installed. Wooshbuild is bloaty.

Your box not powerful enough to run high quality iptv streams. Watch SD streams instead.

Try a few different iptv trials, see if your provider is crap or your box is crap or your internet is crap :)

• Thanks, It started stuttering before adding the VPN and I use the same VPN on the android but not at the same time, my internet speed is 100mb slows a bit with the VPN gut still get 69mb to the box. I checked the provider and server and because of the need to use VPN they've lost more connections so less server load. I checked a lot of these before asking for help, was more hoping there might be a setting I could change. I take on board the box issue it had started to crash more lately, I might try losing the build first though, I like the box too much to part with it. I still have the shield for the android option, it's just nice to have the sat line and IPTV all in one place. Thanks

• Have you try and change the servicetype when creating your boquets?

Yes I think I tried that, can't see it now as Jedi is not showing in plugins for me to access it since I updated, it now gives me a message about some plugins not being available. If that's where you change it from 4097 to 50..... Whatever then yeah I tried that.

• plodge

oh b'jesus :)

Why is it when I say I am quiet, problems pop up. :)

What is your issue now with Jedi

Wooshbuild uses openatv, so it will probably be using the latest openatv 6.5. Not all plugins have been converted to python 3 yet, so you will get notifications of plugins not compatible. (open multiboot seagen)

Jedi should be compatible though. Until you change the main settings of jedi to show in main menu, jedi lives in your plugin menu.

• Official Post

Actualy none of the Images are true Python 3, not even DreamOS they are all just pre configured to support Python 3 coding.

They all still use python 2.7 ;)

just run from telnet to check

Code
    python -V
  • KiddaC

I have to Edit the Epg Url for my provider but when I go to 'Edit Playlist' and to Epg Url I cannot see the whole URL and when I enter it I only see the first part of the address.
    Is there any chance to check if I entered the URL correctly? Is that URL stored in a file and if yes, where?

regards

• KiddaC

I have to Edit the Epg Url for my provider but when I go to 'Edit Playlist' and to Epg Url I cannot see the whole URL and when I enter it I only see the first part of the address.
    Is there any chance to check if I entered the URL correctly? Is that URL stored in a file and if yes, where?

regards

the file is stored in ect\enigma2\jediplaylists folder it is called playlists.txt file

• Official Post

Actualy none of the Images are true Python 3, not even DreamOS they are all just pre configured to support Python 3 coding.

They all still use python 2.7 ;)

just run from telnet to check

Code
    python -V

i still struggle to see the point, to me it is a change just for the sake of changing, i am yet to see anything new from it other than a different programme language, which to your average user still just gibberish, and to code bodgers like me just makes it harder double gibberish. Perhaps things will come from it eventually:hmmm:

• Official Post

Yes and there want be any full move to python 3 in any near future as i can read.

And if you google this you see its actualy the plugin coders them self who have forced this Windows Vista to Windows 7 move :spit:

By starting to use python 3 code language

• jenseneverest I fully agree with you as do many millions in the world, which is why lots of people have stuck with python 2.7

Python 3 is for hardcore geeks. Hobbyists are going to struggle with it. I can program in several languages. Python 3 is confusing, especially all this defaulting to bytes and not strings. Stupid divide option. Stupid this, stupid that. Not a fan of it all. I don't think it is a step forward, its a step backwards the amount of effort everyone is putting in converting to python3 while maintaining backwards compatibilty with python 2.7

• Official Post

Yes and actualy for no reason at all when all Enigma based Images and boxes still use python 2.7 then all this python3 code is just a big waist of time right now.

• I cannot see any issue with running Jedimaker for "Live" (which can run thro an editor to get ideal layout) and Xtreamity for "VOD / Series / Catchup" which is how I do it.

Long press Blue button configured to initiate Xtreamity from any bouquet screen and stop/exit takes me straight back to previous live channel

• Sorry guys but I know I have been reading about https somewhere but cannot find it now, does the latest Jedi work with suppliers using https. Not for me so I cannot test and I do not want to recommend if not so.

• hang fire on the epgimport.py file.

The one I hacked is only for python 2.7.

It's broken on python 3.

I started making a hybrid version last night that will work on both.

I think its in the xstreamity thread (somewhere)

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!