Jedi Maker Xtream (IPTV Bouquet Creator) - Main thread

There are 2,424 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 848,982 times. The last Post () by gabir.

• logic is this

if starts with http

if get.php in url then assume xtream code and call player_api.php

if player_api.php fails assume an ordinary external file. Will check a response from this url contains a playlist in the format of m3u8 file.

then checks local folder for any files ending in m3u or m3u8

So probably isn't going to pickup any 3rd party php file json responses.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• I've been experimenting with this on ViX PY3 image whilst I try to get Sulls app upgraded to PY3. I use playlist editors like the XEEV and M3u4u. If I put the m3u link from these sites in the playlist.txt, it gives server not responding and on pressing OK, says invalid URL. If I download the m3u and place it on my NAS and enter the external link, then the same happens. If I put the m3u on the box, then it loads OK, so the file itself is valid.

Not sure if I'm missing something but isn't it supposed to download a standard m3u from an external link or does it only download from the panel link with the API call. I was just trying to automate the process as much as possible without having to manually download and FTP to box every time something changes

Not sure for XEEV, but for m3u4u there is a download timelock so when first entering a playlist you have to wait at least 1 minute between making call to m3u4u to verify server conn before pressing green "create". usually that 1 min is not an issue as it takes longer than that to type in the epg url. After that daily auto bouquet update works as intended. Regarding not loading when copy pasting into

Edited once, last by robcwm ().

• @robcwm So you're saying to go into playlists screen where it shows server not responding and then wait over 1 min before pressing the OK button to load?

@KiddaC If I host the m3u file on my NAS with a valid http address (I can download with wget) it shows not responding and pressing OK gives the invalid URL message, if I put the same m3u file in /etc/enigma2/jediplaylists/ then it loads OK, so I assume the m3u file itself is valid

• So kiddac a little explanation, why the scan of channels/epg with your app is different respect scan with E-Channelizer for same channels. (The line string of provider is the same). Example:

Jedi Maker

<channel id="Rai 4k RAW">1:0:1:029e:339c:0:0:0:0:0:http%3a//example.m3u8</channel>

E-Channelizer

<channel id="Rai4K.it">1:0:1:CF89:50F4:EC:0:0:0:0:http%3a//echannelizer.com</channel>

Thank

Hispa

- OpenATV & PurE2 - user :-) -

Edited once, last by hispanico957 ().

• @robcwm So you're saying to go into playlists screen where it shows server not responding and then wait over 1 min before pressing the OK button to load?

@KiddaC If I host the m3u file on my NAS with a valid http address (I can download with wget) it shows not responding and pressing OK gives the invalid URL message, if I put the same m3u file in /etc/enigma2/jediplaylists/ then it loads OK, so I assume the m3u file itself is valid

Yes lincsat, best way is when playlist shows red (no connection) having added the playlist, back out of Jedi, wait a few minutes then reopen jedi, playlist should now show green and you can proceed to press "create". The anti-flood timelock on m3u4u doubles up on each attempt made so its easy to run up a 30 min lockout with a few impatient clicks

Edited once, last by robcwm ().

Yes lincsat, best way is when playlist shows red (no connection) having added the playlist, back out of Jedi, wait a few minutes then reopen jedi, playlist should now show green and you can proceed to press "create". The anti-flood timelock on m3u4u doubles up on each attempt made so its easy to run up a 30 min lockout with a few impatient clicks

I've just tried after about 20 Hours and still Red. Can you confirm that downloads from m3u4u do usually work on Jedi

I've just tried after about 20 Hours and still Red. Can you confirm that downloads from m3u4u do usually work on Jedi

Yes m3u4u works via jedi ok, have you checked m3u4u website messages/emails maybe if you been overdoing the anti-flood timelock you have been blocked from m3u4u

• Just tried again, jedi shows Red. Immediately tried a WGET through Telnet and it downloaded OK. So nothing to do with the m3u4u site or a block

@robcwm could I ask a favour, if I PM you a link for a playlist from m3u4u, could you try it on your box and see if it shows online for you?

Edited 2 times, last by lincsat ().

• Here is an update. I have managed to successfully got the M3U4U link working on an old PY2 image but the same playlists.txt file still fails on a newer PY3 image. So looks like something in the latest PY3 is breaking this. I understand that PY3 is still being developed and a fix is unlikely to be imminent - just a FYI

• Further update, after a bit of experimentation. I copied the json file created in the PY2 image to the PY3 image, then ran the update bouquets and it crashed with this in the log

Code
    <   334.2619> Traceback (most recent call last):
    <   334.2622>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/JediMakerXtream/update.py", line 283, in getM3uCategories
    <   334.2634>     downloads.getM3uCategories(jglob.live, jglob.vod)
    <   334.2635>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/JediMakerXtream/downloads.py", line 267, in getM3uCategories
    <   334.2641>     if not line.startswith('#EXTINF') and not line.startswith('http'):
    <   334.2642> TypeError: startswith first arg must be bytes or a tuple of bytes, not str
    <   334.2643> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method JediMakerXtream_Update.getM3uCategories of <class 'Plugins.Extensions.JediMakerXtream.update.JediMakerXtream_Update'>>,()) failed)

Hopefully that's some help

BTW, the PY3 image is ViX 5.5.015.003 and the box is Zgemma H7

• to be honest, i don't think I have ever tested python 3 with a m3u8 playlist in jedi.
    I will add it to my to do list.

But yes you are correct. Python 3 converts everything to bytes, where as python 2 is less fuzzy.
    So there might me an encoding/decoding issue somewhere around this bit of code.

• KiddaC , any reason why playlist_all.json is deleated on jedimaker update will .json file not allways be compatible due to changes made in update ?

I copied mines elswhere then copied back to playlists folder and it saved me having to rescan providers again is that not advisable?

• i have a postrm file.

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    rm -rf /etc/enigma2/jediplaylists/playlist_all.json > /dev/null 2>&1
    rm -rf /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/JediMakerXtream > /dev/null 2>&1
    rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*jmx*.* > /dev/null 2>&1
    rm -rf /etc/epgimport/*jmx*.* > /dev/null 2>&1
    sed -i '/jmx/d' /etc/enigma2/bouquets.tv
    echo "Restart GUI to finish uninstall!"
    sleep 10
    exit 0

And yes it has stuck around because of problems in the past when files were constantly changing.

There is probably zero need to have it anymore.. Although me personally when I delete a plugin I like all bits of that plugin removed.

I have deleted my control files now. So in any future releases there will be no need to backup any files.

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!