A Warning About Payservers

There are 27 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,079 times. The last Post () by ddaddy.

• Official Post

All payservers care about is getting as many people on their servers as possible to make money from genuine sharers cards they exchange with,it is not uncommon for them to have no local card and pass others off as their own.

They fast become over subscribed and you will not get a stable picture. Once they absolutely need to make space for new subscribers they will boot someone off even if they have paid.They will close a server and start another without warning,they are only there to make money and dont care about those who have paid.

They are the most likely to get busted, and your IP can be recovered from the server wether you pay or exchange with them. Guess who's door gets knocked on next ? Be very careful who you are sharing with.

Please do not support payservers they are killing our hobby.The real clue is in the name "cardSharing" - enough said

• http://linuxsat-shares.com/for…cam-Free-Exchange-Section
    start by reading posts :http://linuxsat-shares.com/sho…s-for-fair-free-exchanges..
    then by Private message ,you inform the interesting/interested user that you would like to exchange your shares with them.
    ? Nothing in your share at the moment??? http://linuxsat-shares.com/sho…s-for-fair-free-exchanges..

NOTE: not only will you be on the payservers? IP list ,but also through your/his bank account ..
    ?that?s not enough to convince you???? Then MONITOR the streaming traffic ( high ECMs)?HOW? in your caminfo.. and you will see if some peer is using more than the" norm"( this varies as you might be the only share the peer has to that particular platform.
    This is why the message HAS TO GET ACROSS: before leaving your reciever on standby ,make sure that it is on an FTA (FreeToAir) channel. Your peers will still get your shares but You won?t be requesting ECMs that you don?t need therefore minimising your internet traffic therefore not raising any suspicions...remember ,when in doubt ,check it out, there are plenty of posts about all of this,,this is just one more from another user !!
    caz ;)

• beleving that payservers were the answer to my problems i tried a free 48hr line. how wrong was i!! although as said above they are taking your money the service they supply is not all you would hope for. the payserver i tried causd glitching and freezing. given my steep learning curve over the weekend i second all said above, and thank this board for solely sorting me out.

• Dave, when you tested the payserver, did you happen to check how many local cards it had?
    I bet most pay servers don't have any and just make money off other peoples hops and this is why you'd get bad glitching and freezing.

• "local cards " can be easily formed apart from the nline256 trick ( which is easily recognised in CCcam,remember you will see a * at the end of the server ,i.e: CCcam-s2s xxxxx.xxxxxxlinux.net:8888* )....
    anyone could easily put 6 "local cards" online using dvb-s card software :vplugs+vkeys...
    caz

• Dave, when you tested the payserver, did you happen to check how many local cards it had?
    I bet most pay servers don't have any and just make money off other peoples hops and this is why you'd get bad glitching and freezing.

off the top my head it was zero,but i been on a learning curve and may have balls up my interpretation of what it was telling me. it was a right loads of ffff's though and the packages didnt resembly anywhere near what it claimed. that much i did work out!

• If you have money to spend on a PAYSERVER then you have MONEY to buy a cheap card, i can't understand why people keep going down the payserver route, it,s total madness, if you buy a cheap card then you can get better quality shares.

• I don't know of any for 28.2. What's the cheapest sly package?
    You could get one for another sat, but you won't get any EMM's if the card needs updating.

• Thats what I thought, looks like an up grade to a motorised dish, sly dont do card only deals. I've seen a motor in maplins is it any good, any pointers to a cheap one.

If its not broke --- fix it anyway.

• Just a bog standard sky dish with an Octo lnb, I think I'll have to change the dish.

I started off only wanting sly sports for the European and Tri nations rugby.

• I would if i were you mate, in my opinion 80cm minimum and a motor.

Don't know how I'm going to get that past the wife, "80cm dish just appeared over night love it must be the neighbours" I think that might work.

• Ive found the Technomate motor to be great would recommend it have installed a few. Would stay away from darkmans motors only came across one but it was crap.

• Official Post

Ive found the Technomate motor to be great would recommend it have installed a few. Would stay away from darkmans motors only came across one but it was crap.

I have used a darkmotor( metal gear version) for over 2 years now without problems, I have heard the technomates can be very noisy compared to others which may be a problem for your neighbours.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!