Port forward

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 725 times. The last Post () by sgw869.

• Hi
    I have searched the forums but my porblems dont seem to be here.
    Problem one is my router TP-LINK TD-W8901G is locked by my Isp provider, so therefore I cannot enter config page to set up port forwarding. I think I might be successful if I contact my Isp tech department and get into the config with their assistance.
    Second puzzle is which port to use, I have read many articles saying stay with port 12000, is this the best or are there alternative ports.
    Third problem is when I visit port forward website the port lists are all behind alphabetical games etc, so how do I choose.
    Best regards
    Sgw

• Official Post

Here is a guide for portforwarding your router.

Code
    http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/TP-Link/TD-W8901G/pcAnywhere.htm

I have read many articles saying stay with port 12000, is this the best or are there alternative ports.

12000 is the default port thats set in CCcam.cfg, its wise NOT to use this for security reasons.

You can use any other port for CCcam as long as its not being used by another protocol on your network.

Whatever port you decide on using, open it in the router then change the below line in CCcam.cfg to match the router.

Code
    SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000
  • Hi Master G
    Basically then could I pluck a number out of thin air? lets say 3366 and that should work

At the moment I am using a pre configured GI 6699e combo box so I cannot look at the CCcam page, am I correct in assuming their is a
    # line called server listen port
    Best regards
    Sgw

• Hi Master G

Many thanks for info, Monday I will try contacting my Isp service tech and ask him to open a port for me.
    I will then try and see if I can be found.
    Best regards
    Sgw

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!