Skin Support - Post questions for all my skins in here.

There are 1,449 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 147,711 times. The last Post () by urie.

• Lad , I just tried it you cannot record and watch channel from same provider if you have only one connection mines also stopped but if I change channel to other provider or satellite it will record. I just check with dreamexplorer select file and info and you can see file size changing also if you check record timers

Yeah, I thought it might be some kind of conflict with the timeshift recording and trying to watch at same time. But it has always worked before on a line with 1 connection. Its a new box I'm testing with (h8.2H) but I've found the 6.4 openatv version so going to give that a try now and see. Thanks

I'm almost certain it did work for me aswell as long as I did not change channel on same provider also doesn't help with openatv renaming to .stream

what I have not tried for a while is changing stream type in jedimaker to DVB (1) rather than 4097

• Lad , I just tried it you cannot record and watch channel from same provider if you have only one connection mines also stopped but if I change channel to other provider or satellite it will record. I just check with dreamexplorer select file and info and you can see file size changing also if you check record timers

Yeah, I thought it might be some kind of conflict with the timeshift recording and trying to watch at same time. But it has always worked before on a line with 1 connection. Its a new box I'm testing with (h8.2H) but I've found the 6.4 openatv version so going to give that a try now and see. Thanks

I'm almost certain it did work for me aswell as long as I did not change channel on same provider also doesn't help with openatv renaming to .stream

what I have not tried for a while is changing stream type in jedimaker to DVB (1) rather than 4097

I found that timeshift only ever worked correctly using dvb (1). Tried other players but they were all buggy for one thing or another.

I'll update when I have box imaged using 6.4. Just from reading up a few bits sounds like 7.x is full of bugs :)

• Changing to 6.4 didn't fix the issue, channel still freezes once the timeshift starts. All checked with a multi-connection line and also having the same issue.
    But the real strange thing is that I've checked my H9.2H which is using 6.4 and its working fine on that. I've double checked that all my settings are the same and they are but not working on the H8.2H box for some reason :face with steam from nose:

• Lad As Urie has mentioned. Timeshift is actually a recording in the background. So unless you have a multi connection account, I presume that is expected behaviour for your line to stop. Maybe in the past, your provider wasn't as strict at closing down a line if max connections were met.

Gamefreax
    The skin is my slyk onyx skin. (or a modded version of my skin - as onyx is black - that screenshot is blue?)

The epg tabs as we call them along the top, is an old mod for older images.
    Can be found in my skins threads as a separate ipk to install. (EPG Buttons/Tabs Mod). It probably doesn't work on many newer images any more as all the code for epgs has changed in many later images.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Lad As Urie has mentioned. Timeshift is actually a recording in the background. So unless you have a multi connection account, I presume that is expected behaviour for your line to stop. Maybe in the past, your provider wasn't as strict at closing down a line if max connections were met.

Gamefreax
    The skin is my slyk onyx skin. (or a modded version of my skin - as onyx is black - that screenshot is blue?)

The epg tabs as we call them along the top, is an old mod for older images.
    Can be found in my skins threads as a separate ipk to install. (EPG Buttons/Tabs Mod). It probably doesn't work on many newer images any more as all the code for epgs has changed in many later images.

KiddaC my line is a multi connection line. So that isn't the issue. Even without a multi connection line you should still be able to watch and record the same channel. I've also tried multiple boxes (with single and multi connection lines) and all others work fine except for the Zgemma h8.2h. For timeshift to work I've always used the dvb(1) player (as others don't work). I'm wondering if the tuner configuration of that box could be different? I know it's IPTV channels so tuner shouldn't matter but I can't see any other reason why it won't work on this box but does for all others I've ever had. (And i've had quite a few :smiling face: ).

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

• I currently don't know what the issue is with openatv 7.2. I don't currently have it loaded on my box. I have 6.4 and 7.1 on my boxes at the moment.

I am a little busy with my jedi plugin at the moment to look at skin issues.
    Try deleting your epg.dat file and then reloading your epg via epg importer (presuming you are using epg importer) to rule out corrupt date.

• Thanks for guidance.

I have installed epg importer, but the problem is not resolved.

EliteFHD and all 3 SlyK Skins don't show EPG Now. While Nacht, Madmax, EkselanceXE, and BlueAccents installed through OpenATV plugins browser are working fine.

Some days back, I had also tried EliteFHD on OpenATV 5.4, yet there it was not showing EPG Now description.

• ViX are looking at adding multiboot on VU+ could you possibly skin this screen

Code
    https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/Developer/lib/python/Screens/VuplusKexec.py

I have used this on VSkin 1080

Code
        <!-- VuplusKexec VU+ Multioboot Manager -->

<screen name="VuplusKexec" position="0,0" size="1920,1080" flags="wfNoBorder" backgroundColor="transparent">
            <panel name="Setup-Default" />
            <!-- <panel name="description" /> -->
            <widget source="description" render="Label" position="1383,428" size="417,653" font="Regular;36" foregroundColor="fg1" backgroundColor="bg-mr" transparent="1" />
        </screen>

Probably not the best screen to use

vuinitmultiboot.jpg

• KiddaC still has unfinished business with multiboot screens

Xstreamity and JediMakerX were being fixed by him so I decided not to bother him...

Only slyk-1080-r19, which uses skin buttons, is working perfectly.

screenshot-1676216843.jpg

slyk-q-1080 works well without the skin buttons....

screenshot-1676216682.jpg

As for slyk-q-1080, nothing works..

screenshot-1676216954.jpg

Regards,

esuo2

• I currently don't know what the issue is with openatv 7.2. I don't currently have it loaded on my box. I have 6.4 and 7.1 on my boxes at the moment.

I am a little busy with my jedi plugin at the moment to look at skin issues.
    Try deleting your epg.dat file and then reloading your epg via epg importer (presuming you are using epg importer) to rule out corrupt date.

Thanks for suggestions. Skins are working fine now on OpenATV 6.4.

Skins are very much slow on dm520.

Suggest a way to boost speed.

Regards

• Official Post

Well the dm520/525 just do not have the hardware for such graphical skins.

You should need to go over all the skin code an add scale="off" to every single line of code

Where there is an pixmap (png, jpg)

But still it would be mostely like scrolling through mudd ;)

• yeah my fix for multiboot screens, was a quick fix, so they were viewable.
    I still plan to get back to skinning issues. Just not enough time in a day for everything. busy busy busy. And I need to stay in my jedi zone for the time being. Otherwise I will get lost again.

Dsayers I have seen emails regarding your github fixes. No time to check your code yet though.

• No problem I have had a few issues with it aswel

Using <panel name="description" /> doesn't seem to work and for button panels I have to use

<widget source="key_red" render="Label" />

<widget source="key_green" render="Label" />

<widget source="key_yellow" render="Label" />

<widget source="key_blue" render="Label" />

Without this the skin wouldn't load

No rush for it though as they work as they are just vskins red button text doesn't fit at the top

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!