Skin Support - Post questions for all my skins in here.

There are 1,467 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 149,908 times. The last Post () by bmitie.

• I have a fault on the slyk-q-1080 skin that I cant recreate on another box, its 2 faults or errors. When I select favourites I get a list of channels at the bottom see pic one, and I cant access favourite lists above, then when I click on the N/A line it becomes BBC3!!

The second pic is when I am on a channel and select record, I get the 2 entries never had zap timer showing.

What I has happened? ie help.

And should I stick with openatv 6.4, the version on box currently is 6.3.?

• Are you sure it is skin problem 6.3 outdated and 6.4 EOL so eventually no support or updates. I would make full backup and start fresh

• Its for a friend I get the box this afternoon so planning ahead, I cant figure it either. They said they tried to find the new BBC 3 so may have messed with ABM. The need 6.3 version for something called XE ver 3.0.9 for IPTV.

Thanks for reply.

• Its for a friend I get the box this afternoon so planning ahead, I cant figure it either. They said they tried to find the new BBC 3 so may have messed with ABM. The need 6.3 version for something called XE ver 3.0.9 for IPTV.

Thanks for reply.

you don't need openatv 6.3 for xe you just need correct version of xe

• I can't get the main EPG to show more than 10 rows when the small TV picture is shown (i.e. "Picture in Graphics" is on).

I've been using 16 rows in an old version of Slyk on another box. Is there a reason for the limit now?

Thanks.

UPDATE: I changed NumberOfRows in /usr/share/enigma2/slyk-q-1080/q-epg.xml to 16 and that seems to work.

It should follow the settings though, shouldn't it?

Zgemma H.2H, openATV 7.2.20230222 (2023-02-19),

I've tried both enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk-onyx-1080_2.34.20230103_all.ipk

and enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk-q-1080_1.36.20230103_all.ipk

• Well yeah and no. When these skins were designed I purposely put those values in, so the layout was as close to the original as possible.
    I was for ever telling people how to change a defaults images number of rows to get the correct layout. isn't the default something stupid like 20 rows.
    But yes, the solution is exactly what you have done. Either change that value in the skin. Or delete it all together if you want to set it via the settings.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• I've spotted a few problems with the movie player screen. (Shown when you pause or fast-forward recorded movies.)

1) The time on the left sometimes disappears. Usually when there are lots of zeros in it!

( It is easy to see here if I just leave a 2-hour+ movie on double-speed.)

2) The playback speed isn't shown. (Though it isn't shown in the default skin or MetrixHD either.)

The time shift screen does show it though.

I've tried editing /usr/share/enigma2/slyk-onyx-1080/o-movies.xml to move stuff around, and restarting/rebooting but it doesn't seem to do anything so I may be looking at the wrong thing.

Damon

Zgemma H.2H, openATV 7.2.20230222 (2023-02-19),

enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk-onyx-1080_2.34.20230103_all.ipk

• This is something openatv changed lately. Never got round to testing or possible fixing it yet.
    And if its different from all other oe-alliance images. Then its not getting fixed until everyone uses the same components code.

Movie player screen ... there is an option in user interface > settings > show PVR status in movie player infobar

All my skins on this forum, have a recommend settings section. You would find that info in there :face with rolling eyes:
    RE: *UPDATED* Slyk Onyx 1080 (Install - FAQs)

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• This is something openatv changed lately. Never got round to testing or possible fixing it yet.
    And if its different from all other oe-alliance images. Then its not getting fixed until everyone uses the same components code.

Movie player screen ... there is an option in user interface > settings > show PVR status in movie player infobar

All my skins on this forum, have a recommend settings section. You would find that info in there :face with rolling eyes:
    RE: *UPDATED* Slyk Onyx 1080 (Install - FAQs)

I did use the recommended settings! I have "show PVR status" turned on.

I'll have a look at the code. Though I'm new to enigma so I doubt I'll find the issue. It's not that serious anyway.

UPDATE: I don't think atv 7.2 likes the Onyx MoviePlayer screen at all - I think it may be using the default screen instead, which is why my changes don't do anything. I could be wrong though.

• I think the EPG mod conflicts with atv 7.2. I removed the mod and it works OK again.

(I had to copy the original EpgSelection.py over manually.)

• There are various versions of epg selection mod just say for openatv 6.4 then openatv 6.5 and now 7.xx python changes and opeatv team also keep changing things . Try this version it was last mod done by KiddaC
    Personally I have since just replaced EpgSelection.py in enigma2-plugin-extensions-openatv-epgselection-mod_3.1_all.ipk with latest version because I wont be going back to openatv 6.4

• Yes, that seems to fix it. Thanks.

• It turns out the reason I couldn't change the MoviePlayer screen was that I had the Enhanced Movie Center plugin installed and it was using the screen from that instead! (That was so confusing!)

So I've disabled that, and the Onyx screen is shown now, and all works fine except the playback speed isn't shown. (I've added a simple PVRState widget back as a temporary fix.)

• It turns out the reason I couldn't change the MoviePlayer screen was that I had the Enhanced Movie Center plugin installed and it was using the screen from that instead! (That was so confusing!)

So I've disabled that, and the Onyx screen is shown now, and all works fine except the playback speed isn't shown. (I've added a simple PVRState widget back as a temporary fix.)

ECM is not even installed on my box not needed as far as I am concerned I even remove it when doing flash online

via my restore script on openatv
    opkg --force-depends --force-remove remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-enhancedmoviecenter

• I want to update a box for a friend from 6.4 to 7.2 but they want the skin to look exactly the same as with 6.4. I used 1080-r19 back then over 2 years ago and it took a bit of time but looks great. The problem they have is the spinner appearing when FF or RW , hate ads. But I am practising on a Zgemma H7S and that 7.2 is not as easy. I have the skin installed but can install that epg mod 3.1. I tried via install local extension and nothing happens.

Can I get box back by reinstalling 6.4 and leave 7.2 alone?? Box is an xtrend 10000

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!