Skin Support - Post questions for all my skins in here.

There are 1,432 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 146,433 times. The last Post () by urie.

• I presume you are refering to slyk 1080 r19 and not my slyk Q

*UPDATED* Slyk 1080 R19 (Install - FAQs)

All files are on the first post of that thread.

It might seem confusing, but that is because that skin is quite customisable depending on how you want certain things to display.

Just installing the main IPK will give you the skin and the sky look. Everything else is optional.

Download and install the main skin file.

Reboot GUI.

The other files are image dependent. So if you have openvix installed, use the openvix files.

If you have openatv installed use the openatv files.

Install the movie planner mod IPK - this changes the movie planner screen to look a bit more similar to sky rather than the very basic enigma2 movie planner screen.

Install epg buttons / tabs mod IPK (v3.0 if using a new image). This changes the coloured button text and also allows the tab of bouquets to appear at the top of the EPG.

Install toppicks mod.

Now each of these installs have there own post and instructions in that thread on how to set up and use correctly.

Have a play, f you get stuck just ask. I or someone else will assist you with getting it all working.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Well what can I say- but wow. All done and I have done all the mods etc. I got 2 skins on box the 1080 r19 and the Q 1080. I like the Q a lot. I have a few observations.

1. Picons , with the r19 I have missing icons on some channels but with Q they re-appear!! How do I get them back on r19? ( I think they will choose the r19 ) And how do I get a picon on a channel that has blank at moment? I could not get picons on info in r19 but ok on Q.

2. With r19 and Q when I press tv button I get all channels and when I press ok there is a gap i.e numbers 96 - 100 are empty. Did I muck up and can I fix it?

3. On the Q can I change the prog banner to yellow?

6. The movie planner on r19 is perfect but can I make any changes to the Q one?

7. is there any way I can make the print larger when on a channel and I use the up arrow, its the text on the left.

8. This is for me is it possible to the mini window on the right?

9. Finally can I lock the skin so no one can muck it up?

I should add I have a channel list on a Uno box(vix5.3.016) and I just upload that to the duo2

• OpenAtv seem to have removed the automatic symlink for crons again.

So to make sure it is setup correctly first time around use the cron manager via the menus to setup your first cron.

openatv

Info Panel / Plugins / CronManager

109785-fc033c7-png

then you can add the cron for the auto image picker.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Hi KiddaC,

I wonder if you would mind advising on an odd little issue I am having with OpenVIX versus OpenATV and the Slyk-Onyx Skin / mods (being that you are a guru when it comes to all things EPG / Skins related).

I have the Skin installed in my VIX image and when I use the guide to go +24 hours (for a couple of days ahead) and then do a recording of a program the EPG seems to reset itself back to today/Now rather than stick at the time/day where the event was set to record. It makes it tricky to see if the event recording was setup correctly without hunting back to the day/time of the event to see if its gone "red". When I did the same thing in openATV (I no longer run openATV) it stuck at the correct day/time.

I was wondering if this might be a feature of VIX versus ATV or if it could possibly be the "EPG Buttons / Tabs Mod" code?

I did switch skins back over to another and it did the same thing but I did not uninstall the "EPG Buttons / Tabs Mod" as it was just a quick and dirty test. With the other skin it did the same thing.

It seems odd indeed but I would prefer to stick with VIX if possible (but if this is a function of VIX then I may have to swap back over to ATV).

Hope that makes sense? :wink:

Thanks

Paul

• Sure - I know that. But that is not the problem.

It is a problem if you are going through the guide and setting lots of timers for the week ahead. It means having to constantly do +24 +24 +24 etc each time you set a recording. It is definitely a bug (either in VIX or a script) as it does not do this in ATV. It should stay at the day/time you just set a recording so that you can then carry on a few hours etc. to do the next recording or go down a couple of channels from the point of the last recording set action.

cheers,

Paul

• Well I think I removed the "enigma2-plugin-extensions-openvix-epgselection-mod_2.0_all.ipk" using the VIX menus. Initially I tried "opkg remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-openvix-epgselection-mod_2.0_all.ipk" but the output said "no packages removed". I rebooted afterwards but am a bit dubious that is was really removed as the red button in EPG still has the wording "Record" and "Record Series". nevertheless - the jumping back to current time/date in teh EPG persists so I wonder if it is a VIX thing?

If you concur KiddaC then I will log a bug on the OpenVIX support forum and see what they make of it.

• the epg mod overwrites a core component of your box. You cannot just uninstall it.

You need to overwrite that file with the official vix one attached.

It is nothing to do with openvix as this is a modded/hacked file. (although world of satellite forum crew wrote the original mod many moons ago)

/usr/lib/python/Screens/EpgSelection.py

• Official Post

If you concur KiddaC then I will log a bug on the OpenVIX support forum and see what they make of it.

I have just told you what we make of it. Please try the official file to disprove/prove your theory. Deleting the .py will leave the modified.pyo file in situ and people will incorrectly assume that the official file has the problem.

bbbuk's for may be more uptodate then the one in circulation.

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!