Skin Support - Post questions for all my skins in here.

There are 1,467 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 149,565 times. The last Post () by bmitie.

• Yes after latest update of openatv 7.3 the epg button to view the page you see first section but cant scroll down passed the first page to see the rest of the channels. Also its changed the plugins look aswell using onyx but tried other skins and all the same I think its something to do with the epgselection mod as i managed to uninstall the epgselection mod and scrolling through button epg came back just lost the categories at the top row that goes across ! and I know its happened with quite a few that have openatv 7.3 with the epgselection mod on theirs.

i tryed uninstalling the epgsection mod but didnt work for me and the setup screen for main epg guide has dissaperd too

I cant remember what i did to delete the epgselection mod did it on one box i have but cant do it on the other and yes setup has disappeared aswell with me

• Yes after latest update of openatv 7.3 the epg button to view the page you see first section but cant scroll down passed the first page to see the rest of the channels. Also its changed the plugins look aswell using onyx but tried other skins and all the same I think its something to do with the epgselection mod as i managed to uninstall the epgselection mod and scrolling through button epg came back just lost the categories at the top row that goes across ! and I know its happened with quite a few that have openatv 7.3 with the epgselection mod on theirs.

i tryed uninstalling the epgsection mod but didnt work for me and the setup screen for main epg guide has dissaperd too

you just cannot unninstal epgselection mod that only deletes epgselection.py from user/lib/python/Screens/ folder there is also epgselection.pyc file that also needs to be deleted, and that means you have no epgselection.pyc file at all not even the default one installed by openatv so probably for the moment just do online flash with older backup if you have one . as for plugins that has nothing to do with epgselaction mod that is new update on openatv.

(I know its happened with quite a few that have openatv 7.3 with the epgselection mod on theirs.) only 3 people I know of at the moment

• *** don't use epg mod on openatv 7.3 - they broke it with their new amends on June 16**

You will need to put the original openatv 7.3 epgselection.py back on your box.

Attached

usr\lib\enigma2\python\Screens\

https://github.com/openatv/eni…n/Screens/EpgSelection.py

and if that alone, crashes your box, you will also need to update EpgList.py
    usr\lib\enigma2\python\Components

https://github.com/openatv/eni…hon/Components/EpgList.py

• Yes thats what i did grabbed the files from github and worked except lost the categories that run along the top in the epg button screen but can live with that as can use the tv button to bring up the categories down the left hand side screen

• thanks every one for you help not to happy atv decided to break kiddacs hard work

story of my life... :hugging face:

I need to see if I can do something similar to what I have done with movie planner mod.
    That sits on top and doesn't change core files. But as these epg files are constantly changing (and massive) its a never ending mission.

The EPG files would be a dam sight cleaner if they cleared out all the legacy junk.

Vertical EPG - does anyone ever use this awful monstrosity. Whoever decided that was a thing needs shooting.
    Multi EPG - does anyone ever use this in 2023. It became redundant about 10 years ago
    Event viewer - whats the point of this anymore. Might as well just show infobar (everyone just skins them to look the same anyway)
    Infobar epg - again whats the point when its just as easy to use graphicalepg or channelselection.

** and anyone from openatv - take note - the above are all legacy junk in my opinon ** :nerd face: :partying face:

Captain  jbleyel

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• How many epgs do we need???

Do people actual realise how many epgs there are. It is ridiculous.

Using my Slyk Q skin (maybe not the best example as I skin a lot of the screens to look the same some european skins have lots more elements shown in these screens)

ChannelSelection :thumbs up:
    pasted-from-clipboard.png

SimpleChannelSelection - epg search > menu > import from EPG (meant to be just a simple list in some skins to quickly select a channel)

SlimChannelSelection - alternative channel list service mode - available via context menu (why is it called slim when it should be called alternative, and even more confusing its called simple in the settings) :thumbs up:

GraphicalEPGPIG :thumbs up:

GraphicEPG :pleading face:

multi epg / EPGSelectionMulti (legacy - replaced by channelselection) :thumbs down:

vertical epg / EPGVertical :face vomiting:

vertical epg / EPGVerticalPig :face vomiting:

infobar epg  :man shrugging:

infobar single epg / quick epg:man shrugging:

.... And ChannelSelectionRadio (if skinned differently than channelselect - same in my skins)

• 1080-slyk-r19 2.23 on vix I get a crash

In the skin.xml it's named as s-channelselection.xml but the XML file is named s-ChannelSelection.xml

I just renamed it in the skin.xml and it was fine

• That's what I ended up doing. The skin.xml has it named s-channelselection.xml I just edited it to s-ChannelSelection.xml

• dsayers  KiddaC renaming s-ChannelSelection.xml to s-channelselection.xml also solved the problem with EPGSelection screen not showing channels

Epgselection.jpg

but you must use this version version of epgselection.py or epg settings menus do not work

and epglist.py from Commits on Mar 29, 2023 https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/commit/0c8fc80762d78b1e28291e5fdcaceb6b3bfddab6

• oops... Yeah I am in the process off making all my skin files similar. That name error has been corrected offline.
    I will be doing a new release tonight of slyk q, slyk 1080 and onyx with my latest faffs.

• oops... Yeah I am in the process off making all my skin files similar. That name error has been corrected offline.
    I will be doing a new release tonight of slyk q, slyk 1080 and onyx with my latest faffs.

I noticed the update on Slyk 1080 (R19) Version 2.24 has been updated. The ipk looks ok but GitHub is still the same "s-ChannelSelection.xml"

• Can I use openatv 6.4 and just build from scratch using all the flies from post one for skin 1080 r19 on xtrend 1000, ie just follow guidelines. I dont need any special plugins so not bothered about feeds. I tried 7.2 but mods wont load eg the one that shows recordings in the epg green button and thats wanted by the user,

In other words will the latest updated skins work ok with 6.4? Hope I am making sense.

Edited once, last by claihew ().

I noticed the update on Slyk 1080 (R19) Version 2.24 has been updated. The ipk looks ok but GitHub is still the same "s-ChannelSelection.xml"

KiddaC

I have submitted this pull request. I presume that windows sees the two files as identical names, that is why the issue occurred.

Alternatively, please rename the file on the GitHub website as windows won't see the change in case as a change.

• Can I use openatv 6.4 and just build from scratch using all the flies from post one for skin 1080 r19 on xtrend 1000, ie just follow guidelines. I dont need any special plugins so not bothered about feeds. I tried 7.2 but mods wont load eg the one that shows recordings in the epg green button and thats wanted by the user,

In other words will the latest updated skins work ok with 6.4? Hope I am making sense.

Until I amend the epg mod. (which might not happen)
    You can actually still use it with openatv 7.3 ... but you have to use an old EpgList.py file from openatv github dated March 2023

Install the epg mod then copy the attached file to

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components

The attached EpgList.py only works with my epg mod. Dont install if you haven't got my epg mod installed.

• if it is a plugin for example you use the hold flag :

Code
    opkg flag hold enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream  #( Stop package updates from feed )

opkg flag user enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream #(Release package update which is on hold so it can update )
  • esuo2
    for your own personal skin mods make your mods in a skin user file. Those files then overwrite the skin files.

i.e.

/etc/enigma2

copy the screens you have modded into a new skin_user file

skin_user_slyk-1080-r19.xml

skin_user_slyk-onyx-1080.xml

skin_user_slyk-q-1080.xml

Code
    <skin>
    <screen>
    </screen>
    <screen>
    </screen>
    </skin>

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!