H9 Combo

There are 117 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 15,358 times. The last Post () by Snoopy8.

• OK, so what exactly did you do?

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• exactly I did so I deleted all the 3-4 images leaving openatv I raised memory sd and I formatted it as new I downloaded as well e2 recovery and I ran flash boot then I inserted a new pendrive with image puree2 6.5 and I ran flash on partition1 now I only have 1 working image

• OK, it's a start.

Did you do as I advised you with Device Manager etc.?

Installed FNC plugins? Configured it as I advised you? I mean, is everything functioning as expected now?

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• You can have 4 x E2 images in your Zgemma H9 Combo, no problem, there is plenty of space and it is partitioned cleverly. These will be independent. Separate. Complete. But they will all use the same USB stick and HDD or mSD card, whatever you have plugged into your Combo. In fact, you will use them to install the next 3 images.

===========================================================================

So, the only presumption we will make now is that you already have a fully functional PurE2 image in your Combo...

Then, simply do this type of installation: "Flash On The Fly" from USB, as a "local" installation (as opposed to an "online" one).

This will all be carefully described below, so relax, it will work, just be DISCIPLINED and DO IT EXACTLY AS I WROTE BELOW!

And do me a favour, for starters: don't put in Egami, Openvision or OpenPLi... Use OpenATV, OpenSPA and ViX, for instance.

Single image simple flashing procedure for Zgemma H9 COMBO

If you simply want to quickly flash an image on one of the 4 Enigma2 partitions available to you, this is how you do it.

One does not need to delete a previously installed image on that partition first.

WARNING: just be careful not to overwrite an image that you want to keep!!! Make a note on a piece of paper, which images are installed in which partition, so you avoid erasing a good image! Before you press OK/Flash to start installing, look at this paper and think first! Don't do it in speed, slow down! Because shit happens, we're human, we make mistakes, somebody distracts us etc. Too much work would be lost, hence better slow down at this point!

1) Download a new Combo (say OpenATV, OpenSPA or OpenViX) image to your PC.

2) Use FileZilla Client to connect your PC to your H9 Combo. Then, send an unzipped image you want to install next to your USB stick, which is plugged into your Combo.

3) There are 2 ways of doing it, we shall cover "Flash on the fly" here, simply using a Remote Control Unit (RCU):

press MENU > pManager > Software Manager > Flash On The Fly > then do it in THIS ORDER:

YELLOW BUTTON to choose a partition on which to install a new Enigma2 image

(check your notes, i.e. be careful not to erase an image you want to keep!)

BLUE BUTTON - flash a LOCAL Enigma2 image (the one you sent unzipped to mSD/USB stick or HDD/SSD) - find it by pressing the YELLOW button (Devices)

Once you found it > GREEN BUTTON/Use to "flash" the image...

Wait for "Flashing completed"... or whatever the message is at that point...

4) When done: EXIT to get to the MAIN MENU > Standby/Restart > Multiboot Image Selector > choose which partition you want to boot into, i.e. the one you just newly flashed...

When it boots you need to set up the new image, from Wizard onwards, as you see fit/as you can...

A tip: if you already installed Kodi in PurE2, for instance, then this time it will be all ready to go as soon as you install it in the next image, because it will use the same folder on /HDD, where it stores all its settings, addons etc. Neat, as it saves a lot of time... ;)

Similarly, you need to configure each image to use the same folders in the same spot, like EPG goes to the same /media/usb spot, subtitles or logs (but for logs create separate folders for each image, say PurE2 goes to /media/usb/logs but OpenATV goes to /media/usb/logs/ATV folder etc. - this is important because if you want help with an image you need to provide the correct logs to the image makers) and so on...

Good luck!

• Since I was asked I also wrote this...

I understand the desire not to want to add images, out of fear things might break down. But it is not that easy...

However, it is wise to keep the one that is working well!

In fact, you can make a complete COPY/BACKUP IMAGE of it => to your USB stick/HDD/SSD/mSD card. Just in case something goes wrong, you can quickly RESTORE it from BACKUP... Find my description on the forum...

For your information, when PurE2 v. 6.5 comes up with a new version which requires flashing from zero, then use "Flash On The Fly" but ONLINE (not "local") and flash a new version of PurE2 into the next partition - don't do the SW update if re-flash is recommended.

That way you keep the one that is working fine on the first partition and you can experiment with a new version of PurE2 on other partitions, until you are sure a new version is stable and fully functioning.

Online flashing of PurE2 image on the fly

One doesn't need to download an image to one's PC first, decompress it, send it to a USB stick, get it out, plug it into H9....

Instead, rather conveniently, all is done from your comfy seat, using a Remote Control Unit (RCU).

MENU BUTTON on your RCU > pManager > Software Manager > Flash on the fly

YELLOW BUTTON to choose a partition on which to install a new PurE2 image

GREEN BUTTON - flash a PurE2 image online (directly from the net, not from mSD/USB stick or HDD/SSD)

BLUE BUTTON if you wish to switch to another version of PurE2 image (at the moment the stable one is v. 6.3 but you can experiment with 6.5)

Now, one can usually see more versions of an image - choose the one you want to "flash on the fly" (usually the latest)...

GREEN BUTTON to "flash" the image...

Enjoy!

• wher android image download ?

And "please" and "thank you" would be nice, frankly...

• gorski , hi, installed kodi on pure2 but I can't find the .kodi folder on ftp how do I view the files with the .example extension on enigma 2 then I would like to use my sd card as a memory space usage device on kodi is this possible ???

• In that case mSD card must be mounted as /media/hdd, because that is where Kodi sets its folder...

I explained in some detail how to do this properly by killing the auto-mount first...

As I already told you, install DreamExplorer and you will see .kodi internally.

Sometimes, using PC via FileZilla Client, one can't see the folder, sadly....

• I copied the folder on location / usr / lib / enigma2 / python / Plugins / Extensions / DreamExplorer now from plug in I can see the .kodi folder which is located in home / root and I say thank you it is you know about a plugin for windows which allows me to view .file extension ???

• I explained: you need to mount one of your external devices as /media/hdd => for recording, timeshift and Kodi ONLY.

The other device as /media/usb for EPG, picons, subtitles, logs, cache and buffer...

You did not do it and now you have problems...

Redo everything and heed my advice...

• I carefully wrote each step for you and told you it will work IF you are DISCIPLINED...

• thanks for your work i am trying to write in italian section maybe it is better for me i think many people will be useful to understand how to correctly set usb as cache system etc. you could put an image maybe better than many words

• Oh, dear... I wrote in detail how to do it... I gave you the link how to translate it... I even translated some of the stuff myself...

But OK...

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Donā€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!