KU band LNB on C band dish?

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,619 times. The last Post () by ba10s118.

• Hi.

I live in Denmark, and want to receive 28.2 Astra FTA UK channels, although it's almost impossible due to them using a narrow beam satellite.
    Could I buy a 240cm C band dish and attach a KU band LNB?
    It's unfortunately easier to buy a big 240 cm dish ( as it's able to be packed down ) compared to a 150cm Gilbertini due to the shipping.

Anyone with experience regarding this type of usage of a C band dish?

• Official Post

The main diffrence between a C band dish and an KU band dish is how they look and how they focus the beam.

C-Band is an old system where the waves ar long and low quality so therfore the Dish is large and have a center focus.

Ku-Band is new system have stronger signal since its waves are short and therfor can be used with an Offset dish.

In theori you can use an center focus dish to recive KU band freq but you need a special adapted LNB

There are some combi LNB that handles both bands but the work better in an 90cm offset dish.

So save the money and dont buy that old dish its better you find an 120 Offset dish.

And i am pretty sure you find a Triax dealer in Denmark.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• I've tried with a 120 cm dish, yet I cannot get enough reception ( approx 35-40%) due to the narrow beam.
    They recommend +190 cm dish to get enough db from the signal to receive UK free sat in DK.

Please check this map here:
    I'm around 35dbw
    Recommended: Dish size: 3.0m, 48.7dBi.
    Reasonable SNR: Dish size: 1.97m, 45.0dBi.
    Budget SNR: Dish size: 1.4m, 42.0dBi.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/…uwdR6bGZERHM-ZDnx0zqBv_ok

• Official Post

I have not tried it myself, But it is my understanding that it will work with a modification to the lnb and its holder (for KU reception)

What 2.4m dish did you have in mind ?

• I have not tried it myself, But it is my understanding that it will work with a modification to the lnb and its holder (for KU reception)

What 2.4m dish did you have in mind ?

A no-brand chinese one, one of those in 6 pieces. nothing special.
    Best would of course be a god Gilbertini or Channelmasters, but they're easily 4-5 times more expensive.

• Official Post

Found this site about FTA UK channels recived in Denmark

http://ullits.dk/digsat.htm

• Official Post

Yes i see sorry to see that but thats how they protect the free channels from us outsiders

so lets blame Brexit for that also ;)

But did not those guys get to work?

Denmark is a small country so maybe try and get in contact with them?

• Yes i see sorry to see that but thats how they protect the free channels from us outsiders

so lets blame Brexit for that also ;)

But did not those guys get to work?

Denmark is a small country so maybe try and get in contact with them?

Yeah, they've got it working with a 1.8m channel masters :P Which I do not posses the money for at the moment.
    Oh well, luckily I'm moving to a farm soon, where I can setup whatever I'd like ^^.

• You can point a 80 cm dish at 27.5 west,install oscam with biss codes,and get the main uk channels (bbc1 and 2,itv,channel 4 and 5)

They are all hd channels and the biss codes havent changed for ages. I have that here in Gedser and it works a charm. From 28.8 east i can get all the sky channels(sports,movies etc) but the main channels doesnt lock on the receiver. You will need a sly box in order to have those channels cleared.

There is a thread here somewhere that will show you how to set it all up

Held og lykke

• You can point a 80 cm dish at 27.5 west,install oscam with biss codes,and get the main uk channels (bbc1 and 2,itv,channel 4 and 5)

They are all hd channels and the biss codes havent changed for ages. I have that here in Gedser and it works a charm. From 28.8 east i can get all the sky channels(sports,movies etc) but the main channels doesnt lock on the receiver. You will need a sly box in order to have those channels cleared.

There is a thread here somewhere that will show you how to set it all up

Held og lykke

Thanks for the heads up!
    Would you recommend using VPN along when using oscam?

• Not at all. The biss encoding is taken care of by the softkey files you also find here. Vpn is however required if you want to stream the main uk channels via plugins. the iptv plugin you also find here has 2 connections towards uk main tv..Filmon being one of them will run without vpn,tvplayer do require vpn as you need to login. Same goes for bbc iplayer,itv catchup and the channel4 catchup. There are different setups for installing vpn on e2 boxes..again all can be found here. I installed the nordvpn connector v0.3 and it does the trick here.

• Alright thanks. Just always though cardsharing was easy to detect?

• By using oscam to handle the biss encryption,you aint doing cardsharing. The biss codes are easily found all over the internet..and are more oldschool than cardsharing. its a bit like the old m2 cards that you burned the keys too with the likes of mastera3 and so on...if you are old enough to remember that :-)

Here is the link to the 27.5 west setup : 27.5 west guide

• Official Post

I am not just old enough to remember the M2 cards ;)

My now late father (R.I.P) was one the guys that did the hack used back in the days

And we hade a small sat shop in the garage where he pumped out Force Sat package

with pre programmed Cards.

It started with the old funcard and progress all the way to latest M2 card

until the law came on visit ;) rest is history but jesus he sold a lot of those Force Sat Package

• Small world innit..i still have a lot of the old cards and masteras lying around here. Never know if they might come in handy one day. Humax was the king back in those days followed by the d-max receivers if i recall correctly. Whenever the keys changed we all sat in front of our window95 pcś and waited eagerly for the new ones to be posted...didnt take long for them to appear and then it was a few min and you had picture again. Same with the dragon cam and card really...nowadays its a bit more complicated. But forums like this makes it all possible...if you have the time and patience to read and learn

• Official Post

:) :) lol

Yes and remeber the long line of folks outside the small shop waiting for reprogram

Later there where a hack that allowed to enter codes with the remote and i think it was the Humax

that came first with the option until we got autoupdate ;)

Yes old crapp to day but sure was fun back then :)

But let us not forget the Thread so back to whats it all about.

So with correct biss key its possible to get UK channels all the way up to Scandinavia?

I have a working Sky card but have not used it for some years since i have no antenna pointing at that direction

But the free channels would work with just key file?

• Yes .. By following the 27,5 west guide i have bbc1 and 2,itv and channel 4 and 5. all in hd. I think there are a few more like film four and some regional bbc channels like wales and scotland. My box is a dm800 clone with open pli image and oscam emulator. Also tried it on my vu+ uno box with open bh and oscam and both works a charm. Be sure to follow the guide ..ie the lamedb part is very important. The dish i have is 80cm triax and i have a fine strong signal. Its convenient as with a little tap on the dish you have hispasat 30 west and all that comes with that .

With a sky card and to get the channels from 28.8 east is another story. Depending on your location in denmark a dish of 2,4 or 3 meter would get you the free channels as mentioned above. The ´normal´sly channels you can get with a 80 cm dish in most of denmark..ie for your card..but bbc,itv and chan 4 n 5 you need a very big dish.As the footprint for those channels are pointed towards the british isles and not towards the rest of europe

• Official Post

Nice to know just might have to get me a motor dish :)

I am stuck on my Scandinavian sats on 0.8west and 4.8 east

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Could you guys dumb down how the Oscam (e.g. 27,5 west guide) works?

In my understanding, it's a plugin on the setupbox, that allows you to pull "keys" from a location which you determine (such as a payed cardsharing service) or am I wrong?

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!