KU band LNB on C band dish?

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,616 times. The last Post () by ba10s118.

• Well..oscam is a emulator with a lot of purposes (illegal cardsharing being one of them). However it can also be used for a variety of other things. I e if you have a local card that you want to share with other stbś in your household internally. It also can handle different encoding systems such as powervu,biss etc etc. Those need softcam keys which you can find all over the net. So there is nothing illegal in setting it up to do just that. Read the guide and give it a go. Depending on your setup you will be able descramble a lot of channels without having to get into cardsharing. Have a look in the softkey file to see which channels (and on which satelite) are on offer

• Well..oscam is a emulator with a lot of purposes (illegal cardsharing being one of them). However it can also be used for a variety of other things. I e if you have a local card that you want to share with other stbś in your household internally. It also can handle different encoding systems such as powervu,biss etc etc. Those need softcam keys which you can find all over the net. So there is nothing illegal in setting it up to do just that. Read the guide and give it a go. Depending on your setup you will be able descramble a lot of channels without having to get into cardsharing. Have a look in the softkey file to see which channels (and on which satelite) are on offer

Wow thanks! I tried google'ing "what is oscam" ect, all I got from it was the sharing of keys, either inhouse or via a vpn.
    So I see a lot of ccCam? What is the difference then?

When using sketchy services such as a ccCam service you can buy online, would you recommend using VPN?
    I see some stating that their service inclued AES256 encryption, can you trust that they use encryption?

• When using sketchy services such as a ccCam service you can buy online, would you recommend using VPN?

I would not recommend using a sketchy service at all...period

Pay servers and all thing affiliated with them are what kills our hobby...so stay away from them

You need to do a bit of a catch up reading wise on all the emulators.

• Oh I did not know that.
    Could you recommend some topics/guides to read?

• Minor update.

Finally moved into the new house, and bought a used plastic dish (Luxor 120cm ish), pointed at 28.5E at my location (in Denmark) Im able to get really good reception on the UK channels 80+% signal & quality using a cheap "opticum" LNB. Although sadly the reception dies out at about 20-21.00 in the evening (I've read other experience that).

But I'm REALLY surprised how well this very old dish performs.
    I've ordered some other LNB's to try out, if it will give me a bit more time in the evenings ( Inverto Black Ultra and a DUR-Line +ultra).

I can even see in TVheadend when trying out the astra 4k channel, that I pull about 32000 kbps down, which I'm quite impressed by.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!