E2Piconizer - Picon Downloader/Creator

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 41,822 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• ** Last updated - 14/11/2023 **

Welcome to my new plugin E2 Piconizer.

V1.25

If plugin doesn't seem to be installing try the telnet/putty command

opkg update

E2 Piconizer will allow the downloading of picons direct from sky for 28.2e in all popular picons sizes ranging from 50x30 pixels to 400x240 pixels.

E2 Piconizer also allows a suite of graphic effects you can apply to the picon set including, backgrounds, reflection, glass effects, padding, offset, rounding corners.

Download full sets or just the individual picons you are missing.

Use the list of external sources or local sources for your picons.

0c6e80b406ea1222.png

5064e7f4176.png

d3ae9949afa5a1f5a1b23500.png

How to install

blah blah

How to use

Select the source of your picon set, whether that be external or local. Local source graphics need to be put in the folder
    etc/enigma2/E2Piconizer/local_source
    (I have provided some files in this folder from previous picon sets I have created that are missing or differ from the original external source.)

Select the location of where you want to download the picons to.
    The default location is
    etc/enigma2/E2Piconizer/downloads

You can set this download location to go directly to your picon folder. But I recommend downloading to a different location first and using e-channelizer to correctly assign picons.

Style your picon how you like your picon set to appear.

Use the test picons selection to get an idea of how they will look.

Click Green button to take you to the Picon selection page.

Select the picons you wish to download by checking the boxes.

Click green to start downloading picons.

If you have downloaded picons to a location other than your picon folder either correctly assign them with e-channelizer, or just manually copy them all over to your picon folder and reboot your GUI.

FAQs

Can I use my own picon source graphics.

Yes. Place your source files in etc/enigma2/E2Piconizer/local_source

Can I use my own custom background graphics.

Yes. I have already included in the plugin some popular and historical background styles.

If you would like to use your own, place your background graphic files in etc/enigma2/E2Piconizer/backgrounds

Make sure they are the correct apect ratio for the picon size you are creating.

Can I use my own glass/sheen effects.

Yes. Place your transparent glass/sheen png in etc/enigma2/E2Piconizer/glass

Can I download picons from EPG sources not in the plugin.

Not at the moment. There is a limited number of sources available. This might be expanded in the future.

If there is a particular EPG that you would like me to see if I can source graphics from. Just let me know and I will investigate.

Some Picon sources are small. Can I download them bigger.

No. I am downloading picons at the largest size available from that source.

The majority of these will work fine a 220x132 pixels size and below, but may not be suitable for 400 x 240 picons.

You can always manually source larger picons and place them in the local_source folder.

Can I just download the newest picons.

Yes. On selecting your picons to download, you can sort the picon list by A-Z, Z-A or date, which is the last time the graphic was modified on their servers. This will show the newer picons.

My newly created picons are not appearing.
    Firstly try rebooting your GUI.
    Sky sources and maybe Virgin sources should name the picon correctly and should appear fine.
    Other Horizon sources might not have the correct filename. Again use e-channelizer to correctly assign and reupload the picons.

Your plugin crashed my box.
    This is an early beta release. There will be errors.
    Send my your crashlog that lives here. home/root/logs/

Why is the download so large.
    I have provided a sample set of local source picons. These can be deleted if they are not required.

• E2Piconizer V1.21
    New files on post 1

Unfortunately had to remove all horizon sources, there was only Virgin and Slovakia left. So no point in keeping them.
    So its a picon downloader just for 28.2e at the moment. But a very good one at that :)

Updated the regional channels picons in local source. BBC, ITV, STV, UTV etc.

I do have an api key (dodgy one) for another massive provider that has nearly all world picons. But that needs a bit of work to get it to load in this plugin. Watch this space.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Epiconizer v1.23-20230614

New files on post 1 (and github)

Offline regional and extra picons now automatically get added to the build list so no need for a 2nd run from local_source folder.
    New extra picons live in etc/enigma2/extra_picons
    Offline local picons still live in etc/enigma2/local_source and can be run as a separate process.

abu baniaz

:smiling face with sunglasses:

• Hi should the picons download and appear in the bouquets when using IPTV on zgemma.

I have downloaded the picons,and they appear on the sattelite side of the box but not when using IPTV

• the picons are snp picons. So will pick up sky uk satellite channels. All providers name there iptv channels differently so unless they are named exactly like the satellite channels they probably won't be picked up. I have a new bouquet maker now that has a picon downloader included for iptv channels. BouquetMakeeXtream

• yep totally customisable. Padding, reflection, background, own glass(shine) effects. Etc. Never really used it myself other than sky 28.2e. But now this plugin has more use now i put picondownlader in bouquetmakerxtrean

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!