oscam 11517 ipk for all images on edision os mega

There are 36 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 12,567 times. The last Post () by gilvey.

• Hi Master G,

The file did work, i tried ncam9.8 also and that worked however this is only working on the Spanish channels for both, i am still unable to pull any Sky de German channels. i am hoping the problems come from my servers end. things are going on and off so i presume lots of work is still ongoing. i will try again in a couple of days.

thanks

Loopy

• This oscam 11517 is working for dm 500 hd with newnigma 2 ? I was trying a offline instal but didn't work....I am not at home now but i will try from telnet with --force-reinstall...

nobody tried yet latest oscam with sky de working on dm 500 hd ?

• @sparingbul :

Try to see if and which version of the "libusb" library you have installed:

opkg list-installed | grep libusb

Probably a new Oscam requires a newer version of libusb, and there may not be a new libusb library in the old Enigma (outdated Enigma image). I don't know which edition of the Enigma do you use, but if a new one is still supported for your box, you can also try to update your library via feed-server:

Code
    opkg update
    opkg list | grep libusb
    opkg upgrade libusb-1.0-0           # or use the correct library name from the above libusb-installed listing, instead of the "libusb-1.0-0" name

- explanation of used opkg arguments :

Code
    opkg update                         # update all offline opkg package lists (from internet - from online feeds)
    opkg list | grep libusb             # search all packages what contains the string "libusb"
    opkg list-installed | grep libusb   # search all packages already installed what contains the string "libusb"

... and someone will advise you on how to go

... in the worst case, it is possible to create a symbolic link to another libusb (Oscam will survive if you don't use USB at all - for an external card reader, for example)

• ok so here i am again. im trying to update to latest oscam 11.523 r-796 emu (enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.523-emu-r796-arm+mips_all.ipk)

it installs onto my edision os mega but will not start

any ideas

Ps i want a working emu for powervu channels plus sky.de fix

thanks

• gilvey:

Starting of the softcam is dependent on a particular Enigma distribution. Unfortunately, every distribution has multiple and different options for starting softcam when booting Enigma or booting Linux.

If you use the IPK package, it doesn't have to fit your Enigma distribution in terms of softcam launch. If you are using the IPK package to install softcam, make sure it fits into your Enigma (according to how you run the softcam in Enigma).

Otherwise, I recommend a little to learn how to work with Linux (basics) and use command-line ("Shell") to manually install softcam:

Tutorial : How to install softcam (OSCam/CCCam) manually, if you hate ipk packages

• Official Post

i prefer the simple ipk if possible

openvix is the easiest image to update any softcam.

There are no scripts that need edited.

Download oscam for mips-tuxbox-oe2.0

The download comes packed as tar.gz, which needs extracted first with something like 7-zip.

Just send the new oscam version to /usr/softcams

Change attributes/permissions to 755

Reboot

New option will be in softcam manager.

Enjoy life without .ipk files.

• i can install it, its getting it to start thats the problem

If you use OpenATV it will be the same problem what everyone is writing about it here. A few days ago, in OpenATV, they decided to throw out support for "/etc/*.emu" which, unfortunately, still supports a lot of other Enigma distributions. Since then, the IPK package that will use .emu files for OpenATV no longer works. It's actually about using Softcam Panel, which OpenATV wants to remove completely. If this is also your problem (OpenATV after upgrading with non-functional SoftKs IPK packages that use the "/etc/*.emu" file), I described the temporary bash script here - OpenATV SoftCam Feed Discussion Thread . There is no better option yet. Maybe install a third party CAM-manager into your Enigma (instead of the Softcam Panel plugin).

• OK, so how do you know it's installed for sure at 100% ? How did you verify it ? Did you try to start a binary via the command-line (Shell): /usr/softcams/oscam --help ? Which IPK package do you own exactly ? I don't know exactly what kind of the softcam launcher is used by OpenVIX. If I'm not mistaken, there is a folder "/usr/softcams" for softcam binary files only. Can you locate the oscam inside of this folder ?

IMHO, you will not avoid manual installation of a softcam :). Definitely, if you want the latest softcam release, which is not yet ready as an IPK package for your Enigma, it is better to use the manual method of installing softcam.

An alternative and simple solution would be to install the latest functional version of Oscam-Emu as an IPK package into your OpenVIX. You will then download Oscam-Emu binary from the internet, which is designed for your set-top box (by chipset architecture). Then you upload the binary file to the set-top box instead of the original binary (overwriting the file) with the name of the old binary file, in the "/usr/softcams" folder. Then you reboot the system. That's all. It's not science.

////////// EDIT :

Finally, I have found the IPK installation found on the Internet, which should also be designed for OpenVIX. Uninstall all previous Softcams in your Enigma2 before! Back up your Oscam-Emu configuration files. Then install this Oscam-Emu IPK package and don't move or copy anything, just return your configuration files back to the set-top box. It should work after rebooting the box.

Quote of the installation script, in the IPK package:

Code
    elif [ -r /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX ]; then
       echo "OpenVIX image"
       cp -rf /tmp/DreamOSat/openvix/* / > /dev/null 2>&1
       cp -rf /tmp/DreamOSat/${BIN} /usr/softcams > /dev/null 2>&1
    elif grep -qs -i "OpenViX" /etc/image-version ; then
       echo "OpenVIX image"
       cp -rf /tmp/DreamOSat/openvix/* / > /dev/null 2>&1
       cp -rf /tmp/DreamOSat/${BIN} /usr/softcams > /dev/null 2>&1

So this should finally work for your Enigma2 / OpenVIX.

• Official Post

Just to add to the instructions in post 29,

1. If you are using an oscam-emu that has the older libssl requirement, you will need to add a symlink to it. (Most images are using 1.02, so the people making these emu's should really adapt it)

2. If you are using an oscam-emu that includes the older libssl incliuded in the binary, Vix's softcam manager will not start it as it exceeds 512kb memory allocation that Vix Softcam manager has. As the older libssl has the heartbleed vulnerability, be sure of what you are exposing yourself to.

Best to start the cam manually and see what error you get.

Edision OS Mega PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 H.265 HEVC Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download Edision OS Mega Edision OS Mio Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PurE2, SatDreamGR.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!