OpenATV SoftCam Feed Discussion Thread

There are 380 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 123,372 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• Yes, CCCam script is the same as OpenPLI's and is very easy for a skinner to use a converter that reads the cam name from there, same goes with OpenPLI's oscam startscript. This is the easiest and fastest way for any skinner to read the softcam version and softcam name.

So, why should we make things complicated when a simple change in the description line in the current openATV oscam/ncam startscript will provide all the necessary info for the skinner without many modifications?

Let's say that I write a converter that will run the /etc/init.d/softcam version command and append it as text. Why should things be so complicated, commands are very CPU consuming, plus the converter should read the current running softcam everytime it changes by the user.

Reading simply from the startscript is effective and fast and ensures compatibility. I don't think it's that hard to be done from your side!

• If you want real information, you have to ask oscam about its actual version.

I showed two ways to this information (Where the way using /tmp/.oscam/oscam.version is the more reliable).

If you just want some static bullshit to fill your screen, which is wrong as soon as the user copies the script and uses it for his own oscam, you can as well write "foo bar" as version info.

Receiver/TV:

• Vu+ Ultimo 4k 4xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@LG 65" OLED
    • GigaBlue Quad 4k 2xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@Samsung 32" LED
    • 2x Vu+ Solo² / 465GB & 230GB / OpenATV 6.3
    • DVBSky S2-Twin-Tuner PCIe@Samsung SyncMaster T240HD (PC)
    • TechniSat SkyStar HD 2@Medion 17" (2.PC)

Pay TV: 4th Empire propaganda TV, Redlight, ORF, HD-, Sky

Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 + Telekom VDSL 100 / Linksys WRT1900ACS / IPv4 (UM+Telekom) + IPv6 (Hurricane Electric)

• My parents teached me not to lie and thus I gave you the facts.

Reading a hard-coded version number from some script/config file is simply the silliest way to print "something".

Even making the output read "oscam-emu someversion" (and I mean "someversion" literally) would be better, because at least it's more probable correct.

Receiver/TV:

Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 + Telekom VDSL 100 / Linksys WRT1900ACS / IPv4 (UM+Telekom) + IPv6 (Hurricane Electric)

• And my parents taught me to be kind even when others are not! I wasn't the one to use the word "bullshit" anyway!

You imposed your own opinion as facts but it's not my job to make you understand the difference between being truthful and straight up rude! It's blatantly obvious that you didn't even take the time to read into my suggestions but stubborness is a quality for some people I guess...

Anyway it's done from my part, I figured out another way to read the cam name so rest my case!

• did the 6.3 install yesterday. used KiddaC's method.
    the pre setup went just like other openatv versions...straight forward.

not actually mentioned (as if things are assumed). restart the GUI or restart your box after many of the steps. or you will find some things listed haven't happened after saving changes.

getting to downloading the softcam feed. telnet command worked.
    reboot/restart your box....
    wait! where is the plugin? not there!
    go to menu>setup>software management>select upgrade source>select the secret feed. save it.
    go back and restart your box.
    now you can go download your softcams. hit your green button. go to softcams. choose your flavor.

i chose 1.20+svn11529-r0. but wait.
    the 11529 (from the all-ipk) i had on my previous 6.2 build didn't have 42 readers, etc.
    and now (as in the posts here) we're running configs in etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-trunk....wtf? it's all in the readings....but still.

i didn't really like having tons of different stuff i'd never use in this oscam version. so i took my old 11529 from 6.2 and plopped it into usr/bin.
    renamed oscam-trunk that was there...oscam-trunk.bak.
    then renamed OSCam_11529-r796 to oscam-trunk....changed permissions to 755.

getting long winded here. i took my old configs and plopped them into
    etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-trunk. restarted my os mio.
    started oscam-trunk. it works.
    using the feed version and adding my softcam.key file to the new deeper subdirectory didn't. neither did my saved configs why? i don't know.

another thing that perplexes me is I used to edit (someplace that escapes me) my current oscam to reflect the version i was using in red button>softcam-setup>select softcam. instead of just oscam-trunk.
    and what's missing is IF i had multiple oscam versions...i could select them in the select softcam menu. no biggie. it's just, you know.

and before in 6.2 there was no softcam setup option in decryption & parental control. now there is. so, cool.

so, there you have it. mommy and daddy taught me well. lol!

• Changes on the feed:

- oscam-emu now also ships with current SoftCam.Key (That one made by BIGMAN_58)

- SoftCam.Key updated to 2019-07-13 in oscam-smod and oscam-emu

- oscam-smod now auto-detects Sogno 8800HD and Unibox HD eco+ boxes and auto-enables "boxtype = sogno" on these (Without this: Only audio, no picture).

Concerning SoftCam.Key:

Note that SoftCam.Key will not get updated fully-automatic if you update the softcam package, as SoftCam.Key is considered being a config file and changed config files are never overwritten ...

And as the emu writes the PowerVu AUs to SoftCam.Key, SoftCam.Key is always seen as "modified by the user".

So as SoftCam.Key also gets updated "over-the-air", I suggest: If things work, don't touch them :)

But if they stopped working and you need a new SoftCam.Key, you can copy /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-smod/SoftCam.Key-opkg to /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-smod/SoftCam.Key or - when using oscam-emu - /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-emu/SoftCam.Key-opkg to /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-emu/SoftCam.Key respectively.

Receiver/TV:

• Just asking again. In the new softcam panel is there a way to change the name of oscam-trunk in softcam setup>select softcam to reflect the actual current version I'm using through a file edit? Perhaps I forgot and need a refresher. Thanks.

• Feed news:

the start script for gbox has been fixed

Receiver/TV:

• very low priority:

I've yet to see a decent cam suddenly stop working.

Currently there are still some useless cams left to be added to the feed, because some users demand them.

I've also stuff left to change in smod.

Receiver/TV:

• So what about if the internet drops out, or a userscript uses a killall -9 oscam-emu command ;) and needs to restart the cam without having to go into the softcams menu every bloody day

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• os.system("/etc/init.d/softcam restart")

Something like that.

Receiver/TV:

• You are welcome.

Actually the much easier handling of the CAM start/stop/restart from shell was one of the main reasons to switch.

That *.emu garbage required excessive parsing:

First you would have to parse /etc/enigma2/settings to check which cam was selected and then you would have to parse that CAM's .emu file in order to find out how to restart it.

Now it's always

Code
    /etc/init.d/softcam start
    /etc/init.d/softcam stop
    /etc/init.d/softcam restart

in order to start/stop/restart the current CAM (No matter which one that is).

So it's even with any other system service running on the box:

If you change /etc/auto.network to change mounts for autofs, you would also simply invoke

/etc/init.d/autofs restart

in order to apply the changes ...

And if you change options to the dropbear ssh server on the box, you invoke

/etc/init.d/dropbear restart

in order to apply them ...

BTW:

For oscam, there is no reason to fully restart it in order to make config changes apply!

Just send SIGHUP to oscam and it will reread it's config files:

Code
    killall -SIGHUP oscam-smod

(Replace oscam-smod with whatever oscam you use, e.g. oscam-emu)

Unless you changed the defaults, oscam will reload all relevant settings (except oscam.conf itself) on SIGHUP without having to exit and respawn.

That means, changes to oscam.user and oscam.server can be injected "hot".

Receiver/TV:

• Feed news:

- New SoftCam.Key (2019-07-20) by enigma1969 and BIGMAN_58 in oscam-smod, oscam-emu and NCam

- dropped NCam version (e.g. 10.2, 10.3) from NCam package version, as it gets changed every other day, only relevant version information is the git revision anyways

Receiver/TV:

• And for those "There is no svn17988-r983 on the feed" die-hards, here a short a explanation of git revisioning:

The origin for oscam-emu, where the source code is actually maintained, is https://github.com/oscam-emu/oscam-patched

If you look there, you will see that this repository had 1765 commits (since it exists) at the time I'm writing this:

fdce6642d79.png

Automated build processes will fetch the sources and check if this number has increased.

If it didn't, there is nothing new. If it did, there is something new and a new build is initiated.

These automated build processes also take this commit counter as package version number and it's not possible (at least not easily) to inject any other more or less random version information into the package version!

On the screenshot you can also see what the latest commit contained (what was changed in it):

The version number (for the emu part) was bumped to 797.

So an oscam-emu git1765 consequently is oscam-emu r797. Actually, even git1764 of oscam-emu would be oscam-emu r797, as the only thing changed in this one commit was to actually write this arbitrary number "797" into some file.

If you now compare what you get offered on the OpenATV feed (or got offered at the time of writing) ...

Code
    enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-emu - 1.20+git1765+253a2ee-r0 - OSCam-emu 1.20+git1765+253a2ee (IPv6/IPv4 Dual-Stack support)

... with the git repository of oscam-emu at that time, you will see that you really get the latest version:

git1765 with the latest commit hash being 253a2ee (You will find this information on the far right inside the orange marker).

The same applies to all other CAMs built from git repositories, e.g.

- NCam (https://github.com/OpenVisionE2/NCam) git99 remains the latest, no matter if the author put a 10.2, a 10.3 or a 99.9 before it

and

- oscam-smod (https://github.com/Schimmelreiter/oscam-smod).

The versioning scheme you might know better is svn11532, but it's actually the very same principle, just a different version administration software (subversion rather than git).

svn11532 means nothing else than that 11532 changes have been made to oscam on http://www.streamboard.tv/oscam/changeset/11532 since it was created.

Since subversion is a major PITA and the streamboard svn connectivity is also pretty unreliable, OpenPLi for example doesn't build from streamboard.tv's svn directly, but uses a git mirror of it: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2/oscam

For that reason plain oscam on OpenPLi's feed also has a git revision rather than a svn revision, but if you check out the URL for the git, you will notice that the code is even.

This just as a side-note in case I ever have to switch to using a git for plain oscam too :)

Receiver/TV:

• SpaceRat

hello, using on OpenAtv 6.3 Oscam Softcams from the feed I noticed that in the Oscam.conf files the [global] configuration is missing , now this means that the Tivusat channels are not open with few more in NC+ . The file conf is this:

[global]

[cccam]

port = 12000

version = 2.3.2

[dvbapi]

enabled = 1

au = 1

user = dvbapi

[webif]

httpport = 83

httphelplang = de

httprefresh = 10

httppollrefresh = 10

httpallowed = 127.0.0.1,0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255,fd00::-fdff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff,2000::-3fff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff,::1

httphideidleclients = 0

Now if i replace that Oscam.conf file with this one :

[global]

logfile = /tmp/.oscam/oscam.log

disableuserfile = 0

clienttimeout = 6600

clientmaxidle = 600

netprio = 1

nice = -1

maxlogsize = 2048

lb_mode = 1

usrfile = /tmp/.oscam/user.log

emmlogdir = /home/root/logs/

[dvbapi]

enabled = 1

au = 1

pmt_mode = 3

user = dvpapi

boxtype = dreambox

[webif]

httpport = 8181

httphelplang = de

httprefresh = 15

httpallowed = 10.0.0.1-192.168.254.254

everything goes back to normal (Tivusat and many more channels open)

Does this mean that we have to complete the conf file ourselves?

This happens with OscamEmu OscamTrunk Oscam Stable while in Oscam Smod the conf files are all missing, could you please explain how the conf files should be set to work?

Thanks!

Softcam Feeds Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for Softcam Feeds.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!